Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Aesthetic in unstressed feet

Page: 1 of 1
 Pavlos
09-15-2008, 6:51 PM
Aesthetic in unstressed feet
Being poetry in a relaxed foot-spa of M&S design; or in reference to metrical patterns; or an argument against Milton's positivism in matters of the ethereal.

Mediocrity is tough to achieve,
Sound and dainty images, bright colours
All bring much delight.
Even the occasional half line has
Purpose here, tonight.
Nevermind this, just pardon the blank verse:
Will you? Please? Forgive me this frail fancy.
But could you, sirs, madams of such great grace
Grant me only compliment for I am
Weak and tired, trapped in an unmade bed.
You'll note, perhaps, the lack of punctuation,
Above a feminine line. It's no mistake,
Just a given that you'll grant what I need.
My main inspiration is probably William McGonagall but I've been reading a lot of Tennyson lately so perhaps that shows through.

Maybe I'm just insane.
 Darth InSidious
09-15-2008, 6:54 PM
Magnifique!

A tour-de-force of Poundian epiclesis, in which the author's use of antependium to offset the fundamental eunoia inherent in the kairos is mimetic to the echthroi at the heart of the work. As with Sophocles' 'άι οικιαι', the conceit is both gnostic and cryptanalytical, revealing the tortured, and, indeed, torturous and delatorial diaspora of the author's tortured soul, while extolling, with glossolalian dracaena, the antiseptic ataxia of catharsis in an anamnesian ecstasy. As put so succinctly by Zeno of Herakleopolis, "μη λυσει τον ποταμον, ω στρατηγω".

That said, I believe my own work a far superior specimen:

Ontogeny of the tortured soap:
Lurking a-dish -
That fresh gluttony!
 Pavlos
09-16-2008, 6:08 AM
Ontogeny of the tortured soap:
Lurking a-dish -
That fresh gluttony!
Yes, of course! The use of hyphens really counterpoints the extended metaphor of the dish, leaving one with the most profound sense of the humanity of the author. Perhaps, I may go too far here, it is a violation of Aristotle's fifth rule as laid down in Poetics (τίς ήκουσε τάς βοάς) but I reckon, to be honest, that's its greatest strength. The tension brought about through violation fills us, the readers, with that gluttony you mention, making this a shared experience.

I must ask, however, just why is the soap 'tortured'? The metaphor is one that I find myself unable to understand.
Page: 1 of 1