Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruiting a new NPC tutorial?

Page: 1 of 1
 The Betrayer
09-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Is there a tutorial for recruiting an NPC made from scratch? There's a tut, but it covers recruiting in-game NPC's.

Also, I would like the tut to have a "how to retexture custom NPC's" part.

Thanks in advance.
 TriggerGod
09-13-2008, 12:39 AM
Well....
You'll need and image editing program (I recommend Photoshop), and KTool.
Open KTool, and go to the ERFs section, Open up the Texture packs, and open up either the N's or the P's. They contain most head textures. Extract the head you want, open it in Photoshop (or GIMP, Paintshop, ect...) and make changes. To make a change seem natural (ie the makers made it, not someone using paintbucket or pencil all over it), select it with the lasso tool, click image, go to Hue/Saturation, and play with the sliders until you get what you want. If you can't, check the colorize button in the corner, and then play with the sliders. But, colorize will kill contrast, so, beware.
 Inyri
09-13-2008, 2:51 AM
Is there a tutorial for recruiting an NPC made from scratch? There's a tut, but it covers recruiting in-game NPC's.Well your NPC would have to be in-game (either it was already there, or you put it there) so simply apply the techniques in the tutorial to a new NPC.

Also, I would like the tut to have a "how to retexture custom NPC's" part.It's going to be fairly impossible to give you an answer to this question in a single post since 'retexturing' is so broad. If you give us an idea of what you want to do then we can give you some info. I wouldn't do what TriggerGod suggested, though, unless you actually want to just change the color the texture.
Page: 1 of 1