Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Another Site Hosting Mods By Holowan Modders

Page: 1 of 1
 Marius Fett
09-09-2008, 4:43 PM
http://furiokotor.bravehost.com/ModsPC.html)

It doesn't say on the site whether or not they have permission to host them, so I should post about it.

There are quite alot of mods there including quite a few from PCGM.
 Darth InSidious
09-09-2008, 5:08 PM
It's being looked into.
 Marius Fett
09-09-2008, 5:09 PM
Okie doke. :)
 Darth Payne
09-09-2008, 6:17 PM
Well, i recognize mods by Achilles as well as Darth333 and Redhawke.
 whatthehell
09-09-2008, 10:53 PM
looks kinda fishy to me
 Totenkopf
09-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Took a look myself. Though no one is taking undue credit (at least for the coupla ones I opened w/o saving), a number of the the link titles are somewhat awkward sounding.
 Darth Payne
09-10-2008, 7:51 AM
Yeah, i noticed that as well about the titles.

There are also quite a few spelling errors there as well.
 Kristy Kistic
09-10-2008, 10:46 AM
One of the mods is mine. Nothing appears to have been altered and noone else is taking credit for the mod. I was NOT asked for permission to post it, but it really doesn't bother me having it posted there. (So long as it remains in its original form.)

I noticed that some of the mods are ones that disappeared along with PCGM such as Messkell's mods. I realize that this is just my own personal opinion, but I really don't see anything wrong with posting unaltered mods that a modder no longer supports - that being defined as no definitive place to download it without having to resort to asking everyone and there brother if they have it and would be willing to pass it along to them. Many people would never even have the chance to download them otherwise. A great many mods have been lost because of this.
 Inyri
09-10-2008, 2:55 PM
Morally there's nothing really wrong with it as long as you don't claim credit for the mod. I've never entirely understood why people don't like it, unless they have a problem with a particular site (which I have in the past), but I do respect that people think differently than I do.

I don't know if it's good to assume that people who've left the community would feel that way, though.
 stoffe
09-10-2008, 3:05 PM
I've never entirely understood why people don't like it, unless they have a problem with a particular site (which I have in the past), but I do respect that people think differently than I do.

My biggest problem with people uploading my creations somewhere without telling me is that I won't be able to notify about new versions or updates, which can result in people downloading outdated or bugged versions.
 Inyri
09-10-2008, 3:07 PM
Yes that's true, but you have to balance the issues with the benefits and decide which is more important to you. I respect the personal decision of modders, and for me it doesn't matter that much because I leave a current e-mail address in my read-mes so I can be contacted.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to tell people to read the read-me and stop bothering me, so it seems irrelevant whether people are notified of an update or not. Most are too stupid to listen to directions anyway. :p
 RedHawke
09-11-2008, 3:31 AM
My biggest problem with people uploading my creations somewhere without telling me is that I won't be able to notify about new versions or updates, which can result in people downloading outdated or bugged versions.
Word...

As much as I would just love to be upset with this, I will admit he/she did a more than adequate job of stating things IMHO...

Even though some of the mod's links have the name Furio in it, I can't take credits for any of the mods, so its very important that you understand this:

ALL RIGHTS GOES TO THE CREATORS.

They've worked so hard and are very kind to share this with us. Like I mentionned on my home page, all I've done is collected infos and files from the net for you to find under one place, thanks for understanding.

Please be sure to take a look at the read me files for info on how to install and use the mods, and yes all mods comes with a read me file.
 Prime
09-11-2008, 11:17 AM
My stormtrooper mod is on there, but it appears that even though the zip file was renamed and all the files are there, including the readme. It appears that this was done with good intentions...
 Chevron 7 locke
09-12-2008, 7:36 PM
I down loaded everyone of them and scanned them for viruses. The Files are clean. Like Prime said...i think these people just wanted to get some of the lost treasures of PCgamemods back on the net and into the hands of modders
 Lord Dagron
09-26-2008, 5:34 PM
This site is no longer working
 Darth Payne
09-26-2008, 6:14 PM
I got the message that they're out of bandwith when i tried visiting.
 RedHawke
09-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Yes, that can happen when you have bandwidth limits... likely too many people downloaded stuff this month.
Page: 1 of 1