Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spells.2da error in Excel

Page: 1 of 1
 Sidias.R
09-04-2008, 7:13 PM
Good day,

I have recently been working on some spells.2da editing and writing, and I have encountered, let's say, an "error".
It seems that after I opened spells.2da, Excel won't respond, whilst it usually does. I tried reinstalling both Excel and the Add-In, but it still doesn't respond.
This occured like since yesterday. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

-JMB
 TriggerGod
09-04-2008, 7:17 PM
Microsoft Excel? I didn't even think that program could open 2da files.
Anyways, try opening the 2da file in KTool (if the window manager/toolbar at the bottom of the screen says that its open, but it doesn't show up, just right click it, and click Maximize.) and do your editing in there.
 jonathan7
09-04-2008, 7:34 PM
Good day,

I have recently been working on some spells.2da editing and writing, and I have encountered, let's say, an "error".
It seems that after I opened spells.2da, Excel won't respond, whilst it usually does. I tried reinstalling both Excel and the Add-In, but it still doesn't respond.
This occured like since yesterday. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

-JMB

What version of Excel are you running? Did you follow the readme for the add on, and how to open files?

Microsoft Excel? I didn't even think that program could open 2da files.

Then why are you posting this, if you must know... http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147961)
Please may I inquire, are you offering advice on this if you don't even know what the OP is asking? Sorry to pick you up on this TG, but in a previous thread I had to correct a gross bit of mis-information on your part.

@OP, if you can't get it to work, then TG's suggestion of using KT may be a temporary fix - you could also try posting in the above thread or PM TK - hope that helps.
 Sidias.R
09-04-2008, 7:38 PM
What version of Excel are you running? Did you follow the readme for the add on, and how to open files?
I use Microsoft Excel 2007, and yes, all worked fine until yesterday, so...
And yes, I use the Add-In that tk102 posted on Starwarsknights.com
 jonathan7
09-04-2008, 7:40 PM
I use Microsoft Excel 2007, and yes, all worked fine until yesterday, so...
And yes, I use the Add-In that tk102 posted on Starwarsknights.com

Had editing .2da's worked fine until yesterday? If so that is most peculiar, have you suffered the problem several times? Or just the once?
 Sidias.R
09-04-2008, 7:42 PM
Had editing .2da's worked fine until yesterday? If so that is most peculiar, have you suffered the problem several times? Or just the once?
Yes, everything worked fine until yesterday. Then, suddenly, my Excel just doesn't respond and doesn't want to open my spells.2da. After loading it, Excel is just empty, and sometimes even exits.
Since yesterday, it occurs everytime I want to open it, even now. :(
 jonathan7
09-04-2008, 7:47 PM
Yes, everything worked fine until yesterday. Then, suddenly, my Excel just doesn't respond and doesn't want to open my spells.2da. After loading it, Excel is just empty, and sometimes even exits.
Since yesterday, it occurs everytime I want to open it, even now. :(

Does that general problem occur even if you try to launch normal Excel? Has Microsoft update, updated anything? If it's a general problem with Excel, I can only suggest contacting Microsoft about the error. Sorry I can't help any further :(
 Sidias.R
09-04-2008, 7:50 PM
Does that general problem occur even if you try to launch normal Excel? Has Microsoft update, updated anything? If it's a general problem with Excel, I can only suggest contacting Microsoft about the error. Sorry I can't help any further :(
Yes, I do have updated all of my Excel versions, including the base one.
Thanks for your assistance on this matter!:)

Cheers,
-JMB
Page: 1 of 1