Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reasons why you play Kotor over and over again?

Page: 2 of 2
 Feagildin
11-19-2009, 7:57 AM
I re-discovered an old reason made new again: after finishing a play-through of TSL, I'm so disappointed, that all I could think about for an hour was how much better KotOR is. :)
 Andychs
11-19-2009, 10:29 AM
the original KotOR will always be the best, it was so different compared to other star wars games, more user friendly, i always suck at those real time combat (jedi knight series)

always play 3 times...

1st time, light side
2nd time, dark side

usually once male, once female

and the 3rd time, i will pay with a walkthrough.

then if i play again it will be for trying other stuff... like using blasters instead of lightsabers.
 purifier
11-26-2009, 9:47 PM
I keep playing them because you can mod the crap out of those games, plus the other fabulous modders who keep modding the Kotor games (and the mods they made for them in the past) make it even more worth my while.

Gotta love that eyecandy.
 Zaxnor
12-01-2009, 4:11 PM
Because of the great story, the multiple ways you can finish the game, and because of the many mods I downloaded which make the game cooler.
 ZimmMaster
12-01-2009, 4:20 PM
The many mods that are made.
 JuniorModder
12-01-2009, 7:29 PM
It is fun to play, to try and beat every single sidequest, to play with your favorite party members..

And mods of course don't help at all. :xp:

JM
 kotorcommunity
07-17-2010, 2:10 PM
I can play this game over and over again because it's got an amazing story, I always thought the combat looked great and the choices are very dramatic. :thmbup1:
 Female Revanchist
07-21-2010, 6:34 AM
I continue playing this game mainly for the variety in the storyline. I also just have a passion for all of the characters (Carth's angst, Mission's spunk, HK's humor, Jolee's fatherly wisdom).
 adamqd
07-21-2010, 2:52 PM
Initially Because It tied in with the Tales of The Jedi comics, which to me is the best of all Star Wars, the whole era to me, including pre- 5000 BBY, was just perfect, Its basically what kept me involved with Star Wars between trilogies... But now of course with the mods, the comics, and now "The Old Republic" (Although a lot of the Stylistic decisions, ie; Clothing and equipment ships etc in tOR are leaving behind what made that era cooler...) its its own Beast, so I need not concern myself with George Lucas and His Retcon and Cartoon Hijinx lol! but yea, It (KotOR I) felt like Star Wars did when I was a Kid... you know, not just "Well, I had to go back and explain how the Force worked, and edit in more aliens" its was Classic SW and Storytelling for a reason :)
 Mandalore The Shadow
07-23-2010, 7:19 AM
I continue playing this game mainly for the variety in the storyline. I also just have a passion for all of the characters (Carth's angst, Mission's spunk, HK's humor, Jolee's fatherly wisdom).

Similar reasons
 Darth Stutum
07-27-2010, 4:43 AM
I played kotor many a time, because of the sheer fun of it. And isn't drew karpyshyn the one who wrote a lot of the story? well he wrote darth bane: path of destruction and darth bane: rule of two. which are amazing novels and i have read them both as much as i have played kotor, if you haven't haerd of them. Look them up

Amazing page-turners indeed. I'm in the middle of Rule of Two, and look forward to read Dynasty of Evil when I'm finished. :D

Anyway, I loved KOTOR from the very night I tried it for the first time, to this date. The story, characters, dialogues and atmosphere make want to play this classic again and again. I also discover new things I overlooked on previous playthroughs. This will always be my favorite Star Wars game. :)
 Smashbro1000
07-04-2012, 5:58 AM
Compelling story, great characters, interesting locations and action galore: KOTOR has it all - any game which has these four values will increase the game's replay value greatly, to me.
Page: 2 of 2