Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Monster Hunter - Age of Wyverns

Page: 1 of 1
 Shana
08-20-2008, 9:36 PM
This RP is based around the video game series called Monster Hunter.

There have been several Monster Hunter games, the most popular being the PSP adaptations called Monster Hunter Freedom 1 and 2. Right now in Japan Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G is the top selling game.

If you are new to monster hunter do not fret as I will try to detail as much as I can of it and even provide pictures of the monsters we face so that you can identify them. Since probably many won't necesarily know the game I will make it so it's not completely attached to the game so as to encourage creativity and make it easier on everyone.

Story.-

For a long time peace has reigned over the land. The last Wyvern war had caused much death and pain to the people of the land. Now, a century later, the Wyvern have multiplied and there even is talk of Elder Dragons roaming the land once more.

After the sighting of a Fatalis (The most powerful of the Elder Dragons) over by the Castle of Schrade, the Hunter Guilds in every Village have taken measures to strengthen their numbers in order to drive back the Wyvern threat and find the strongest group of hunters who will ultimately face off against the Elder Dragons and return peace to the land.

A caravan of Hunters now travels through the snowy mountains on it's way to Pokke Village, inside may be the last hope for the people of this earth, the hunters who will defy fate and battle destiny for a future that now hangs in the balance...

For starters, you will need to create a character. I will post all you need to know in the story thread to get you all going.

As of the rules, you all know them, if you don't then remember these words:

No godmodding, no flaming, no major plot twists unless these are discussed priorly with me.

That's the code, learn it, live it, love it :P

Now onto Character Sheet:

==================
Character Sheet
==================

Name:
Hair:
Eyes:
Skin:
General Appearence:
Favored Weapon: (Sword and Shield, Longsword, Great Sword, Hammer, Hunting Horn(much like a hammer only it plays notes that cause magical effects on oneself and party members), Lance, Gunlance, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun, Bow and Arrow)
Armor: (Only if you know the armor name, otherwise keep it blank, if you know the game then only use armors between HR1 and HR2 not higher)
Bio:

Now for the birthplaces:

We will all start in Pokke Village, we will all arrive there as the need for new hunters is dire. The last hunter was attacked and forced into retirement and now the village elder lady and the Hunter Guild need people to look after the village. Pokke Village is just at the base of the Snowy Mountains and it's mostly cold there but not enough to be unbearable, you can walk in light clothes but if you want to venture to the snowy mountains you'll need hot drinks to thwart the cold. It has an armory and weaponsmith, a general store, a farm in which crops can be grown, ore can be mined and fish can be fished. Further details will be given.

Dondruma: It's a village located in the region of Schrade, it is a village that's contantly ravaged by Wyverns, elder dragons and carapaceons (Crab-like creatures either giant or the size of a cow). But the townspeople are far from accepting doom, they are hard working people and constantly rebuild.

Kokoto: It is a village that neighbors Pokke and it's mostly the same as Pokke in structure, it is located near a vast forest.

Jumbo: It is a village in the desert close to the volcanic regions, it is much like Pokke also in structure. The conditions in the village are fair but to those not accustomed to the heat, it might get a little too hot. Cold drinks are a must for traversing the desert.

Here's my character:
==================
Character Sheet
==================

Name: Lumina
Hair: Red
Eyes: Green
Skin: White
General Appearence: Lumina has a slim figure, she has a semi athletic build but she's not muscular. When she's not wearing her armor she mostly uses a tank top and a skirt with leather boots. She mostly has her hair in a ponytail.
Favored Weapon: Longsword, Hammer, Gun Lance, Bow and Arrow
Armor: Velociprey Gunner Armor
Bio: Lumina was born in Dondruma, the fact that her village was attacked constantly made her have a difficult upbring. Her Father being the famous hunter that he was, made sure she got proper training in many melee and long ranged weapons. Her brother Rylel is the head of the Hunter Guild in Dondruma and is one of the few legends who faced an Akantor and wears the armor proudly to show for it.
As she figured she had a reputation to live up to she trained hard and now she's been selected with other hunters to provide support for Pokke village and she feels this is her chance to prove herself.
 Master_Archon
08-25-2008, 1:19 AM
Unlike most other lazy people, I did some research on Monster Hunter, and found it quite interesting. I will join.

Name: Remiel Umbra (Prefers being called by his last name)

Hair: Brown with Grey hair streaked throughout/in various clusters across his head

Eyes: Steel Blue

Skin: Light Tan

General Appearence: Remiel is tall, lithe, and svelte, although he's not muscular in a sense, he does have very defined, and sinewy 'muscle' (More like tendons, especially in his arms). Wears simple, patched trousers, a pair of leather 'tankboots', a sleeveless shirt, and one old tattered leather glove on his right hand, and for particularly cold days (or for hiding something), he wears an old cloak.

Favored Weapon(s): Bow and Arrows, Gunlance, Dual Swords (they exist in the Monster Hunter games, but it's up to you if they'e usable Miracle), Long Sword

Armor: Blademaster Battle Armor (Not sure about what HR1 and HR2 means, but I did do some research, and by my guesstimation Battle Armor should be fine.)

Bio: Too tired, do later.

As a side note (and to help Miracle out a little, and to get some joiners), for those of you who want a relatively good idea of the weapons and armor of the M.H. game, then here are some links, you lazy bums :lol: .

Weapons: Linkism! (http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Types)

Armor: Awesome Site!!! (http://www.paperninja.net/monkey/mh2_4koma/index.php);) Link (http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_List_%28MH2%29) (This is where I guessed which armor was permitted or not.)

My recommendation to any who wish to join: don't just randomly choose any armor you like, ask Miracle which one(s) would be fine (that's kind of the obvious thing to do...).

[I believe permitted armors would be Bone, Battle, Velociprey, Mofumofu, Leather, Chain, and Hunter, though there's probably a toad-load more that could be worn that I couldn't find on the wiki or armor site (and that Miracle most likely knows about), but I did my best to help and encourage others to join. :D]
 Shana
08-25-2008, 1:05 PM
I love you Archon! Nice to see you once again. Yep, any questions you have I'll be glad to answer so don't worry, I'm here for all of you who would like to join.

Sorry that I didn't specify what HR1 and 2 means. HR stands for Hunter Rank.

Hunter Rank 1 through 3 are the standard low ranks of the Hunter Guild. When you reach G Rank in the Guild your hunter rank is 4 up to 8. So yeah the monster hunter wiki is a good place to get your info, there's also a lot of info on the monsters as well as their weakneses so you can prepare your posts as well for them.

As I said I'm here for you, any doubts, questions or clarifications you need then don't hesitate to ask :D
 Cyborg Ninja
08-27-2008, 1:29 PM
Name: Takeda Hasashi
Hair: Short black hair
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Light Tan
General Appearence: Takeda has an athletic build to him and his slightly above average height for his age. He wears a balaclava mask to cover most of his face except his eyes.
Favored Weapon: Dual Swords, Longsword, Light Bowgun, Sword and Shield
Armor: Shinobi Armor (with the hat)
Bio: Takeda was born in Kokoto. His family believed he would be one of the hunters to end it all so he began training at a young age. By the age of 14 he became the best fighter in Kokoto. He had also trained in the coldness of Pokke and in the heat of Jumbo. This put him ahead of any other hunter in Kokoto. He excelled in training and passed way ahead of anyone else granting him whatever armor he wanted. Takeda took the Shinobi Armor as his choice and was selected to join a group of hunters for a mission. He accepted and is now currently on his way with the other hunters to Pokke.
 Shana
08-27-2008, 5:53 PM
Perfect! Now if nobody joins later on today I will start the roleplay early tomorrow so that people might get interested as they see it begin. :D
Page: 1 of 1