Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ok I know this will sound really stupid but...

Page: 1 of 1
 lead-menace
08-15-2008, 11:00 PM
I recently installed the game again because last time didn't install properly, my xfire couldn't utilize it correctly, so I reinstalled it but somehting went wrong, I had restarted it and everything I thought but, now when I try to patch the game to 1.1 it tells me that it's already patched yet everytime I go in multiplayer it is on 1.0, is there someway somene can send the files it insalls to me so I can put them in manualy, plz, my xfire is "gamingfront" thx, would really appreciate it
 TripHammer
08-18-2008, 8:40 AM
When you uninstall the game, do a clean uninstall. After uninstallation you may have to go in with Windows Explorer and delete what the "un-installation" left behind. Delete the "Star Wars Battlefront ii" folder in your LucasArts Folder and then reinstall. Make sure you need the patch when you install again because SWBF2 is released with the patch now as 1.1. When in the SWBF2 interface in game, it'll tell you what version you're on in the corner.
 lead-menace
08-18-2008, 10:37 AM
well see thats my problem, I'm on vista and can't uninstall properly, like I don't even know how to unsintal in vista, cuz the uninstaller didn't work, so I delted the entire bfII folder and found the setup else where from the last time I had it installed, and ran that it works, but the version of the game I have did not come with the 1.1 patch already on it so yeah thats what I got, can ya still help me?

what I am really looking for is someone who canjsut send me a zip of eveything and tell me whre they go so I can do it that way cuz the self extracting isn't working
 TripHammer
08-18-2008, 1:03 PM
I don't know if you have WinRar. But if you explore your system with Winrar, it'll show you the folders that Vista isn't... and then delete the folder.
 lead-menace
08-18-2008, 3:37 PM
well see the real problem is is that when I delted it how would I install it again from the disc if everytime I try to run it to install it crashes to teh blue screen error thing and then reboots?
 Aedan
08-18-2008, 5:04 PM
Have you tried uninstalling it from the Uninstall Programs menu? I noticed that you said you used the Uninstaller that came with the program. Try that.
 lead-menace
08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
no ok I think it would be easier to explain this over voice like on xfire, my xfire is "gamingfront"
 TripHammer
08-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Computer specs?
 lead-menace
08-19-2008, 8:55 PM
well what exactly do you want, if I havn't started it yet I have Windows Vista, um, yeah so tell me what you need exactly like I don't know it all off hand or how to find it either, like video card, sound card, all that crap
Page: 1 of 1