Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Iceberg - A JA SP Map

Page: 1 of 1
 Demeggy
08-05-2008, 6:27 AM
Iceberg (v3)

Lo all,

Technically, this map isn't finished. The reason I'm posting it, is because I'd like to more or less showcase its development as I redo the entire thing after a hard-drive failure (and sufficient lack of correctly backing up old files).

The map was first conceived back when I applied for a Uni degree in Games Design. I used GTK to create a singe-player level in which a plucky Jedi set in the NJO era had to investigate the ruins of an Imperial Base on an Icy planetoid, and do battle with a couple of experimental Force sensitive Imperial scientists. Not very original I know, but I lost the initial version (bearing in mind this goes back about 6 years), and as such, focused my attention on my degree.
I picked up the project after I finished Uni and begun redesigning the map with pretty much the same layout, but with more detail (and using many level design skills I'd learnt over the years).

Within 3 months, I had the map blocked out, detailed, textured, modelled and scripted with events as opposed to a narrative (puzzles etc), and took many screenies and videos, which are the only remainign evidence this hard labour of love existed.

In April of this year, a friend leant me an uhm, 'copy' of a Gary Newman CD, which was riddled with trojans, and subsequently ransacked my Hard-drive.

I thought I'd backed up the correct .map and .bsp file's, but, they were a very, very early version of the very first room re-concieved and as such, Iceberg 2.0 was no more.

(For said screenies, see my temp folio site; http://www.geocities.com/clupton@ymail.com)

So now, after 3 days of hard work, I've completely managed to block out the map once again, with a slight tint of evolution, and have begun re-developing for the third (and hopefully final) time, Iceberg.

Any ideas or comments?
 M@RS
08-05-2008, 12:01 PM
If you posted any pics, I can't see them....could you put them in your lucas photo album please?
 Demeggy
08-05-2008, 1:45 PM
hey :) The majority of pics can be found in my level design section on my temporary site, found here;

http://www.geocities.com/clupton@ymail.com/)

If again, no avail, shout back. Cheers,
 M@RS
08-05-2008, 2:28 PM
it was blocked...sorry
 Demeggy
08-06-2008, 3:19 AM
Album added :)-
 M@RS
08-06-2008, 12:02 PM

ooh, that looks awesome, when will you be releasing it?
 Demeggy
08-06-2008, 5:09 PM
Well, I've got to redo pretty much EVERYTHING atm. The 3rd version is blocked out about 3 quarters now, so once I've got that done, I'll start on details, doors, elevators etc, then textures, then NPC's, followed by models and effects and the likes, and eventually scripting in the objectives. So for the proper final release, we're talking upto 3 months, because I work full-time and have an active social life, but I do intend to get it out speedily, as this map has been as much a curse on my life as it has an act of artful blessing.
Check the album, theres a new version of the map blocking in GTKRadiant I've just taken. Theres a few differences, but the layouts pretty damn close to version 2's.
 M@RS
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
:lol: okay
 Demeggy
09-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Update;

The map's been fully blocked out with detail about 60% done so far. There's veen some major changes to the level design in particular areas, but most of these changes are aesthetic, and simply serve to purpose as giving the visage of being in an underground factory/bunker complex environment.

I'll whack up some screenies tonight.
 M@RS
09-02-2008, 3:20 PM
Thank you :D
 tiefblau
09-05-2008, 9:59 AM
So where are the screenies? ^^
 M@RS
09-05-2008, 8:04 PM
In his album...
 Demeggy
09-14-2008, 8:04 AM
Sorry, screens are coming! It's just taking me a while to get everything redone in this particular part of the map... I don't want to put shots up showing an untextured caulk infested map just yet! But I will update in the next day or so!
Page: 1 of 1