Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1] Using Items

Page: 1 of 1
 Coolprogram
08-04-2008, 8:00 PM
Hello again guys/girls/aliens,
I am here for a new problem, my problem is getting a key to work on doors. It says the Key is not equip able and will not open the locked door. Any help would be appreciated. BTW: I also have it as a reg. key not Datapad (Reg Key = Plot Useable)
SS: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/484/77234812dt7.gif)
-Coolprogram
 EnderWiggin
08-04-2008, 8:58 PM
Perhaps it would be better to have a script that unlocks the door when you get the datapad?

That seems easier to me.

_EW_
 Coolprogram
08-05-2008, 12:25 AM
What function would I use for that?
Thanks,
-CoolProgram
 EnderWiggin
08-05-2008, 1:44 AM
You'll have to give us some specifics on the mod you're making. When do you get the datapad, first of all? In a dialog or from a placeable? Also, what's the tag of the door?

If you give me that, I can write you a script for you to compile and I'll be able to tell you where to put it.

_EW_
 ForeverNight
08-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Well... did you edit the .UTD file of the door?

If you select the lockable option on the door as well as the Key option (Typing in the .UTI of the Key) it should work just by opening the door.

Otherwise, go with what EW said, scripts sometimes are easier.
 Coolprogram
08-06-2008, 1:47 AM
Ok, I already tried what ForeverNight suggested (That was my first attempt at unlocking the door.) EnderWiggin: the datapad is received during a dialog and the door is k45_door_end.utd.
Thanks for all the help
-CoolProgram

EDIT:

Hello, well, I made two scripts for this to work. I made a script to unlock the door and a script to give you a key :)
-CoolProgram
 EnderWiggin
08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Ok, I already tried what ForeverNight suggested (That was my first attempt at unlocking the door.) EnderWiggin: the datapad is received during a dialog and the door is k45_door_end.utd.
Thanks for all the help
-CoolProgram

EDIT:

Hello, well, I made two scripts for this to work. I made a script to unlock the door and a script to give you a key :)
-CoolProgram

Are you saying it's now working? If so, I'm glad. If not, just tell me. I'm away from my home pc, atm, so it might be late tomorrow night or *gasp* Friday before I'm able to post again.

If he still needs help, and anyone else wants to write the script before I'm able, go right ahead. :)

_EW_
Page: 1 of 1