Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Miracles...? And a suprising debater...

Page: 1 of 1
 Arcesious
08-02-2008, 6:37 PM
I've heard about a lot of miracles lately. And I've thought in ways I never have before debating with a particular thiest on another forum. (A thiest just as formidable in debate as Achilles and Jae Onasi.)

Pretty much, he's made a lot of good points, but when it comes to Miracles such as 'rising from the dead' I have no solid refutation. Using the argument 'you have no proof that these miracles happened' would be rather ignorant. This guy isn't a liar. I'll just link the two threads... Fair to say; I'm a little out of my league.

It all started here: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=381897&tstart=0)

And is now still going here: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=401025&tstart=0)

It's more than just an average debate, really, but it's gone places I had never expected. No offense to the thiests, but I've never before met such an intelligent thiest as this 'UtimaCenturion' on the EA Spore forums... I'm willing to yield, but not until I run out of 'ammo'...

So... Advice please? This is very intriguing debate. It's a nice challenge, and I'd like to know what the people of this forum think about it all. It's a very, very interesting debate.

(You must be getting annoyed by now with me always going to to y'all for the answers every time something comes up... :p )
 El Sitherino
08-02-2008, 10:44 PM
No. We debate here, home games only.
 True_Avery
08-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Why are you asking us to fight your battles?

You are debating against someone who has decided to hug science, but at the same time fill in the holes with his god. He believes the bible is perfect, but at the same time seem to enjoy using science to back up his argument as well.

You can't win. His argument is based entirely on blind faith and ignorance of science, while claiming to be devout to each in some ways. He is trying to use science to prove the existence of his god.

You can't win. You are fighting faith. Yours and others attempts at logic and reason are wasted, and it would be better to simply walk away and accept that there are those who choose to be naive. There are simply some battles that can't be "Won" or debated down.
 Arcesious
08-02-2008, 11:22 PM
There are simply some battles that can't be "Won" or debated down.

Very well then...
 Emperor Devon
08-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Bleeehhhhh, so many pages of comments to read through. Can't you just quote whatever argument it is you want refuted? ;_;
 EnderWiggin
08-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Bleeehhhhh, so many pages of comments to read through. Can't you just quote whatever argument it is you want refuted? ;_;

iknorite?!

_EW_
 Web Rider
08-03-2008, 12:55 AM
According to Voodoo rituals and what medical examiners have been able to determine, the chemicals put the person in a state that is as close as possible one can come to medically dead without being dead, and their "ressurrection" later is more of good timing on the part of the Voodooer.

As for more Jesus-styled ressurections, such as reviving from a state where you are bloodless, there's holes in you and so on, you're not going to find much real science to support it if any.
 Arcesious
08-03-2008, 2:35 AM
Then I guess I've lost the ability to make a good thread for the time being... I guess this thread will die uselessly... Along with that oen other one... Besides... The debate now goes well...
 Emperor Devon
08-03-2008, 2:46 AM
Then I guess I've lost the ability to make a good thread for the time being... I guess this thread will die uselessly...

It wouldn't take much effort to copypaste some text. :/ But whatever, your call.
 Arcesious
08-03-2008, 3:30 AM
I'm embarrassing myself all over the place today... (Making bad threads, and whatnot) My most recent blog would make a good topic. I can see it now "The craziness of the one called 'Arc'"...

http://www.lucasforums.com/blog.php?b=257)

Read it... Read my two minutes lapse of insanity on SWK... If you don't laugh, then something is seriously wrong with you...

Edit: Hey... That gives me an idea for the perfect forum topic!
Page: 1 of 1