Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question: Game Update 5

Page: 1 of 1
 3dbones
07-14-2008, 1:39 PM
I have seen a quote on another forum that says there will be voice chat as well as an in game web browser in Game Update 5. How true is this quote? If they did add these, it would be a cool add on, in most games I've played voice chat is a must for raids so it will be nice to have it already built into the game, as long as it works correctly. And in EVE Online they have an in game web browser which is VERY handy because you can create websites specifically for the game that people can bookmark and access at anytime rather then having to exit/minimize the game to look things up.
 JekRendar
07-25-2008, 12:06 PM
It's true. Google it.

I'm skeptical of the in-game voice communication. It's a common knowledge that the quality of in-game voice communication is never as good as Vent or TS. But, for those guilds that can't afford a Vent server, this is a decent substitute.
 adamqd
07-29-2008, 10:26 AM
the good thing about voice chat is all the weird 30 year old men pretending to be 20 year women, who want to marry (steal all your shizzle) you, will have trouble making you believe them :D
 3dbones
07-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Too bad it only works if you have a mic....which i dont, so there's no proof. I swear im an 18 year old girl, btw ive always wanted RIS gear with full 35s :D GIMME NOW!!!
 adamqd
07-29-2008, 12:07 PM
;) Cyber me and we'll talk :lol:
 kellina
11-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Ive never tried the voice chat in game how is it?
 Tommycat
11-20-2008, 9:32 PM
Better than nothing, but not as customizable as Vent. I love our Vent. Though when you are in a group with people you don't have to give out your vent info. Group chat and you can talk with them all.
Page: 1 of 1