Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TPM subtitles and text boxes

Page: 1 of 1
 Alexrd
05-03-2008, 7:18 AM
I'm not english, so I would like to change the subtitles and text boxes of TPM. Anyone knows if it's possible?
 Alexrd
05-21-2009, 2:03 PM
Or tell me on which file the subtitles are in?
 Alfa_One
07-29-2009, 2:13 PM
Well, the file which contains the substitles is called talk.txt and it is inside of LOCALIZE.LAB file, you can extract and edit it, after doing that you must put it in the game folder (where the TPM.exe is).
 Alexrd
07-29-2009, 6:18 PM
And how can you open any .LAB file?
 Alfa_One
07-30-2009, 7:03 PM
You can open any .lab file with the Scumm Revisited 2, here is the download link:

- http://scumm.mixnmojo.com/programs/scummrev2.zip)
 Alexrd
08-07-2009, 6:10 PM
On the talk.txt file, I found some quotes from Qui-Gon talking to Jira, however I never found her on the Mos Espa level, was it cut like the STAP, or is still in the game?
 Alfa_One
08-08-2009, 7:13 PM
On the talk.txt file, I found some quotes from Qui-Gon talking to Jira, however I never found her on the Mos Espa level, was it cut like the STAP, or is still in the game?

I think that there are several conversations that in game never are used. I never found Jira in Mos Espa.
 NumberWan
10-19-2009, 3:51 PM
She is not the only one being cut from the game. There's Jabba's porter, who feels very nervous about failing to have found the paddy frogs for his master. His voice files can still be found in the game archives. It seems he was intended to be an alien of some kind.

Jira files are also there. They are JID9200-JID9206, if I'm not mistaken.
Page: 1 of 1