Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Corpse fade timer

Page: 1 of 1
 encinodude
05-01-2008, 6:28 AM
Corpses of the people I kill usually fade moments after they die. I think this takes away from the immersion, especially when they start disappearing halfway through a big battle. Is there a command to prolong the time corpses stick around?
 Wedge Suron
05-01-2008, 7:39 AM
Not all corpses do fade though, until you exit the module.
 Shem
05-01-2008, 7:42 AM
The game is programed so only three corpses will appear at the same time. Once there is a four corpse or more, the older one(s) slowly will disappear.
 stoffe
05-01-2008, 7:48 AM
Corpses of the people I kill usually fade moments after they die. I think this takes away from the immersion, especially when they start disappearing halfway through a big battle. Is there a command to prolong the time corpses stick around?

You may be able to fake it via scripting using the SetIsDestroyable() function. It can be used to make a corpse stay indefinitely after a creature has been killed. If combined with a delayed command that sets the corpse to be destroyable again it might be possible to simulate corpse fade after the desired amount of time.

This would mostly be useful in specific cases though since it will be a pain to make all creatures in the game run such scripts, and it might affect performance noticeably.
 jonathan7
05-01-2008, 12:12 PM
This would mostly be useful in specific cases though since it will be a pain to make all creatures in the game run such scripts, and it might affect performance noticeably.

How badly would it affect high-end machines? i.e. Would it be the game engine struggling and not the machine, if corpses stayed around for longer?
 encinodude
05-02-2008, 12:54 AM
I have a feeling it'll be the game engine. I can play Hitman 4 smoothly but KotOR and TSL have very average framerates for me. Has to be the game engine. Neverwinter Nights had way better performance for me too.
Page: 1 of 1