Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] Black Down

Page: 1 of 1
 TomasA
04-27-2008, 7:03 AM
Me and four of my friends are making a mod witch will be a 6-7 hour of the game expansion, The Mod already is scripted, and is in the procces of being voiced , this expansion will be after the TSL, (Light side ending)

Story

After the defeat of Darth Traya you have been searching for Revan for about a month, on your crew Is Atton, Visas Marr, Brianna, Bao-dur and Hk-47 and that other droid (forgot his name :lol: ).The game starts with the Exile (He is level 31) being on the ebon hawk, in a intro your char goes to the cockpit and talks to Atton (level 21 ,soldier)
Atton:
Well our fearless leader, what next?

Your answer
1. Show more respect!
2. how far to the outer rim?
3. What do you think?

If you say the first one, Atton will be silent but to the other two he will answer the same

Atton (to the 2# answer): The outer rim is not far, we could Hyper-Jump but the walking trash can is not fixing the Hyper-drive

Your answers:
1. I’ll ask Bao-dur
2. Why don’t you try fixing it?!
3. I’ll see what I can do

You walk to the hyper-dive and talk to Bao-Dur(level 20)
Bao-dur: Hello General

You answers:

1. Bao-dur, can you fix the hyper-drive?
2. Are you fixing the Hyper-drive

Bao-Dur (to both answers the same) :I’m Fixing it right now
Your answers:

1. Good

2. Faster

Then a cut scene and Bao-dur fixes the Hyper-drive

Bao-Dur: done

Your answers:

1.Good work

(yes only one)

You leave and talk to Atton again, then a cut scene and you Hyper-Jump

You go to the Main Area of the ship and talk to Hk-47(level 21)

Hk-47: Greeting: Hello Master, Question: When are we going to kill?

Your Answers:

1. Soon

2. Do you always have to kill?

Hk-47: (to both answers the same) Answer: It is in my Programming

You’re Answer:

1. I’ll have to ask Bao-dur to re-program you
2. Fine

You walk away and then Brianna (dressed in Echani light armour, she is Level 25)

Brianna: Exile, I don’t like the blind one, she has dark thoughts

Your answer:

1. You do too
2. I don’t care

(in both answers you walk away)

In anyways you talk to everyone in the ship and soon Atton tells you that something has cought the Ebon Hawk in a Tractor beam, It is a Destroyer Ship, they pull you in, Soldiers storm your ship, you can kill about 10 of them and then a Officer tells you
Officer: Enough!

Your Answers:

1. What is the meaning of this?!
2. Who are you?!
3. How Dare you Attack us?!

Officer (to all answers the same): I Am Endiver, A Officer of the republic and you are under arrest for crimes against the republic

Your Answer’s :

1.What Crimes?!
2. What!

Visas Marr(level 25): I think he believes he can defeat us

Officer: You are under arrest of destroying the mining facility “Peragus”, for the attack on the royal palace, and the destruction of the planet, Malachor V

Your Answers:

1. I have already been proven innocent for peragus, and Malachor V was a grave yard planet
2. How dare you!?

Officer to the 1 answer: Peragus is still destroyed and you are under arrest as for Malachor V-it was still a planet

Officer to the 2 answer: Enough of this, arrest them

You get to pick a one more person to join your party, because Atton is already in it, after a fight with 20 soldiers, your other team mates are arrested, and the Officer uses a farg grenade and knock’s you out, You wake up in a prison , with Atton as your cell mate, he explains that this is the Prison called Black Down that is on a unknown planet and no one has ever escaped and that the Ebon Hawk has been destroyed, This is a ruthless prison, Guards only get involved into stopping riots and not letting anyone escape, and nothing else, there is black Markets, fights to the death, bums who come to your cell and try to steal everything, this is always a struggle of survival. Your main quest is to find your team mates, think of a escape plan, retrieve your Droids and armour and weapons, escape

This will change the main story and for good rpg games will take about 5 hours to finish it all with side quest, for those who like to explore the prison, take time with your quests, and always gets stuck it will take from 6 to 7 hours of game play

Creation:
We are creating a whole new ship, (using the inside of the Ebon hawk+ a lot lot lot more), the ship will be in your escape plan, but it is very well guarded and is not easy to take.
The game provides everything, space shooters like in the first part, awesome fights ,and much more

Ranchor:
http://www.ipix.lt/images/16323986.jpg)
The Ranchor will be a small one that will be used A LOT in this mod, for the big Riot, for punishmet ect

The main "BAD GUY":

http://www.ipix.lt/images/42988491.jpg)

We using sith students for the Main Officer :)

The cruiser:

This is the new ship we are desining, my friend found this in a site and I sad that we can tottaly use that model to build our own

http://www.ipix.lt/images/82316502.jpg)

Revan:
http://www.ipix.lt/images/86729993.jpg)

yes for all you Revan fans he is coming back for a fight!

Prison [Riot/Ending]
- pic deleted to avoid confusion - no porting please.

Thats Pretty Much it, the beta version is coming soo, for all those who want to be beta testers, please send me a P.M. only a few people will get to be them :lol:

(yes me and my friend are prison break fans! :D :lol: )
 Marius Fett
04-27-2008, 7:07 AM
May I ask why there are K1 screenshots for a TSL mod?
 TomasA
04-27-2008, 7:12 AM
Those are just models, I told you that where using them
 Marius Fett
04-27-2008, 7:16 AM
So you took them from K1 and put them in TSL?
 TomasA
04-27-2008, 7:20 AM
Yes, infact most of the areas, maps ect in this mod are from K1, because it had just more soldiers,beast ect. If we would just use the TSl we would make about a unfull 4 hours of gameplay, and we are just deciding what to put in the game, because we just have the script and we are trying to make the voices of the original chars to be reactrated and we still have our own chars that we are voice acting
 Marius Fett
04-27-2008, 7:51 AM
Umm... Sorry to burst your bubble, but porting ANTHING from one game to another is not only agains LF rules, but it is also ILLEGAL. You could get into a lot of trouble for it.
 TomasA
04-27-2008, 8:03 AM
oh then sorry
 JD-Rom
04-27-2008, 9:36 AM
Maybe you could work around that. You know re-use and retexture TSL areas as well as make your own. That also applies to the characters in TSL, you could re-use them or you could make new ones. It doesn't have to be from K1. I really like the premise of this mod, and it would be a waste if you did all that scripting for nothing. :(
 Darth333
04-27-2008, 10:19 AM
As already mentioned above, we do not condone porting assets from one game to another. Please take the time to read the forum rules: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=127725)

I won't close the thread at this stage since there are possible workarounds as explained by JD-Rom.
 TriggerGod
04-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Well, K1 and K2 have practically the same codes, so taking an area from K1 to K2 (Or the other way around) can be very simple. But illegal.

As for that prison area, I suggest making a brighter version of the Jek Jek Tunnels as the place you use to get to where everyone is, and the Jek Jek arena for attacking the guards.
I don't know if your gonna put in that Black Market and Fights in there, but heres another idea:

If you've played Chronicals of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, then you know you get sent to a prison, where you can take place in fights with other inmates, and buy all kinds of stuff in your effort to escape. You should add side quests like delivery where other inmates see what your delivering and attack you to get it.

as for the officer, I suggest using the Dark Jedi Male model. Or using a TSF model, then change him to the Dark Jedi.
 ForeverNight
04-27-2008, 4:38 PM
Anyway, let's just wait for the modules to be rebuilt using a non-KotOR1 module as the base.

Looks like a promising story, should be interesting to see the execution.
 TomasA
04-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe you could work around that. You know re-use and retexture TSL areas as well as make your own. That also applies to the characters in TSL, you could re-use them or you could make new ones. It doesn't have to be from K1. I really like the premise of this mod, and it would be a waste if you did all that scripting for nothing. :(

Thats what where doing now, basicly where just gonna take the skins and try to put them on a model of anything :) >.< but anyways my friend has some programs, where working it out, reading the copy right rules and it seems that we can use the texture and everything else if we warn the players before installing that its just a mod and all right goes to Lucasarts,bioware,obsidian and so on. so the game is making progress and already hack-sinked the voice's and sometimes they sound like robots :lol: but most of the time, it sounds good for all the other stuff. We are now just thinking up more lines, editing maps textures ect for all that

First Pic:
no porting. thanks -d3 ~ the second battle in the game :lol:
 Darth333
04-28-2008, 2:59 PM
Hmmm...maybe I wasn't clear enough in my first post...

Please do not discuss porting assets from one game to another on this forum. That includes from Kotor 1 and Kotor 2. Use the TSL models or make your own from scratch.

Please focus the discussion on things other than porting and adjust your mod consequently or the thread will be locked :lock:
 TomasA
05-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm not "Porting" i'm remodeling and using textures to make apply the things I want, and this is totaly legal, aslong as I don't sell or burn it to discs its as legal as my foot UP YOU ASS! IF YOU DON"T SHUT THE **** UP!
 Ghost Down
05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Stuff like that won't help you mate, will only get you banned. ;)

Besides, I think this is a hoax. You still haven't showed a decent mod shot, just a bunch of random shots from both games ..
 jonathan7
05-01-2008, 1:04 PM
The legality of it is irrelevant...

7. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods, even if it is for your own personal use. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.

Even if what you are doing is legal; all threads about it in LF are to be closed. And why oh why are you flaming the lovely D3? She is only doing her job.

Not that the kind of individual who swears in forums is aware of such things.
 90SK
05-01-2008, 1:18 PM
I'm not "Porting" i'm remodeling and using textures to make apply the things I want, and this is totaly legal, aslong as I don't sell or burn it to discs its as legal as my foot UP YOU ASS! IF YOU DON"T SHUT THE **** UP!

Don't harsh out dude. Unless you want to get us closed down, you'll abide by the rules that LucasArts has set up, and not your own poorly constructed concept of what's legal and what's not. Understanding the playing field is the first step to playing the game, and you don't seem to, which is going to be problematic. Especially with a piss-poor attitude towards the people who'll probably end up helping you learn how to do what it is you want to do.
 Darth333
05-01-2008, 1:18 PM
I see that you are quite the polite one...unfortunately with such a nice attitude, chances are that you'll shut up before I do...

Consider this your last and final warning.

* locks thread* :lock:

p.s. If I might suggest some reading, in addition to the forum rule quoted by Jonathan7, I think you missed the section about flaming. This (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html) as well as this (http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html) might also be of interest to you.
Page: 1 of 1