Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Index was outside the Bounds of Array

Page: 1 of 1
 Clint_johnston2
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Not that any of you are particularly interested, but I finally was able to get KOTOR tool working. *note to self: remove foot from mouth and read the "read-me" next time*

I had hoped this might reduce my frequency of questions, but alas I have another. Trying to see the inside of the Appearance.2da file for the Slenderbody 1.1 mod from over on KOTORfiles, I selected open on the appearance.2da file I had extracted from that mod. And I got this message:

Index was outside the Bounds of Array It prompts me to continue or quit. I tried continue, but no results. I had to quit.

Somebody mentioned somewhere (god help me if I can remember where) that there were 2 types of .2da files, and some were editable, and some were in a form of binary? Does anyone here know about that? If so, is there some way I can get into it? Any help would be vastly appreciated.

PS. I thought this would go here, since it pertains to modding and .2da editing, not really bearing on the KOTOR tool itself.
 stoffe
04-23-2008, 2:13 PM
Somebody mentioned somewhere (god help me if I can remember where) that there were 2 types of .2da files, and some were editable, and some were in a form of binary? Does anyone here know about that? If so, is there some way I can get into it? Any help would be vastly appreciated.

KotorTool's 2DA editor supports the 2DA v2.b format, which is a binary format used by the Kotor games. All the standard 2da files in the game come in this format, and this is generally what most of the modding tools support.

Some mods, usually older ones, come with 2DA files in the older plain text 2DA v2.0 format instead though. The game engine still supports these, but they are presumably slower and less efficient. You can't open these with KotorTool and most other modding tools, though you can open and have a look at them with a normal text editor.

(For compatibility issues with other mods its usually best to determine what changes have been made to those files and then apply them to a copy of that 2DA file in the binary format instead.)
 Clint_johnston2
04-25-2008, 1:51 AM
many thanks. Will pursue when I get latest problem with another game solved. Ah the life of the wandering gamer...
Page: 1 of 1