Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Unexpected problem, help please

Page: 1 of 1
 Raye
04-20-2008, 11:43 PM
I was going to attempt to mod, because I want to make a better female head I can use. The Athena one is alright and everything..but that make up is just scary to me <_<

Anyway, so I downloaded the modding tools and everything and messed around some, creating back up copies of stuff I used cause I knew I was going to mess up.
The thing is, I pretty much only stuck to female heads. I don't remember touching a male head. I start up the game and some guy's heads are missing. Atton's has been replaced with an NPC one, Mical's is totally gone, and some of them are just white all around.
What have I messed up and how do I fix it? xD
 spyblade
04-21-2008, 3:51 AM
Did you mess with the 2da lines and the order in any of the 2da files because the line number is a primary factor? If they are out of order this might be the problem.
 Raye
04-22-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm not entirely sure.

What tool would you use that with? I used Kotor Tools to extract some files to another location. And after that I mainly just played around with female heads in photoshop, put in the override folder and then took them out.
 stoffe
04-22-2008, 8:32 AM
I'm not entirely sure.

What tool would you use that with? I used Kotor Tools to extract some files to another location. And after that I mainly just played around with female heads in photoshop, put in the override folder and then took them out.

Do you have an appearance.2da or heads.2da file in your game's override folder?

Your problem sounds like it might be caused by a heads.2da file where the lines have been reshuffled and saved in the wrong order. This can happen if it is opened in KotorTool and you click on any of the column headings to sort the lines by that column. Unfortunately KotorTool writes the file in the sorted order if you save it, which will screw up any references to lines in this file.
 Raye
04-22-2008, 6:25 PM
Ah, yes, I see both of them in my override folder. So do I take them both out?
Page: 1 of 1