Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Map rotation - Needs some tips on managing

Page: 1 of 1
 Flyswamper
04-20-2008, 5:08 PM
I've got a dedicated server up and running and have been playing with it for a couple weeks now. Most of the settings/options look pretty straightforward and have worked as I'd expect.

Map rotations, next map, and the ability to change things on the fly have been a bit of a mystery to me however. I can change to a specific map quite easily, I know how to run the next map in the server rotation, etc....

Some things that havent' worked as I'd expect are:

choosing "Set next map" doesn't seem to have any impact.... the next map doesn't seem to change. I see a message in the server log, but it doesn't run the map I chose next when the game ends.

Also, I kinda thought that checking/unchecking and sorting/resorting the map list would change the map rotation on-the-fly while the server is running. But it doesn't seem to be working, at least I havent' figured out how to make it behave like I think it should.

I've scanned through a copy of "SWBF2_BBO_SM-RM_User_guide.pdf" that I downloaded and haven't seen anything that really gives me a better understanding.

Can any of you guys tell me what I should expect to be able to do (and what I can't do) with regard to changing the map rotation on-the-fly with the server still running? Do you have to start/stop/reset the server to change the maps that will be run and/or the order they will run?

Thanks
 TripHammer
05-14-2008, 1:57 PM
If you're using the remote manager.. you may have to hit <save> after you've set the next map.

You can run maps on the fly with the admin commands in game.

/addmap plus the map code will set the next map to what you want. If the map doesn't automatically rotate then use /runnext after you set the map.
Page: 1 of 1