Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question: changing appearance of gun and armor

Page: 1 of 1
 Drizzt312
04-17-2008, 8:44 AM
I would like to change the look of a robe to look like a piece of armor and a gun to look like another gun model how do i do this? None of the posts in the tutorial forums told me how to do it!

Im pretty sure that this is in the wrong room but i couldn't find anywhere else to put it! AH!! sorry about this people!
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-17-2008, 8:52 AM
if you have kotor tool you go to BIF's then to templates.bif then to blueprint,item then choose what you want to change (they are listed as the code so look it up here: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/info/cheatskotor2) ) then double click the name and it opens a box and you need the change the the last 2 #s to a higher 2 diget # and then change the base item box to what ever you want and then play around with the properties box and if you want click description and change the name and ite description. if you still dont understand tell me and ill find a better tutorial
 Drizzt312
04-17-2008, 7:55 PM
ok i figured most of it out but i want to the robe that i am using look like battle armor but i can't see battle armor as a base item. What am i supposed to click?
 ForeverNight
04-17-2008, 8:00 PM
Alright... So, find the TGA for Battle Armor... As well as the Model for it. Take those and then change them so that they're named the same as the robe's that you are modifying TGA... At least, I think that's what you do...

Help?
 Drizzt312
04-17-2008, 8:14 PM
ok changed and modified things but now how do i get it in the game without it overwriting the actual game files like haveing my blaster replace the mining lasers and having the robe appear on the Harbinger and Make it so that the republic soilders wear them(i know strange but i have an idea for a mod and i want to see how the robes work on them)
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-17-2008, 9:02 PM
if you make the republic soldiers wear them they wont show up it will only give then the bonuses the robe/armor has
 Drizzt312
04-17-2008, 9:06 PM
oh crap that wont work then so how would i get it in the game so that someone wears it that is not the exile and party
 ForeverNight
04-17-2008, 9:26 PM
Hmmm..... Well, you could check with Twi'leks, they seem to have the ability to wear armor. So, that's probably a good bet.
 Drizzt312
04-17-2008, 9:47 PM
hmmm...maybe but just in case it doesn't work right ill give more info I want a bunch of people to be able to wear it (like the miners or the koonda milita) just i want to change their armor to my robe/armor .example: like have all the miners wear my robe/armor or have all the koonda milita wear my robe/armor
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-17-2008, 9:47 PM
put it on a commener
 ForeverNight
04-17-2008, 9:53 PM
Never even thought of that....

Well, in that case, this is going to take more editing... You're going to have to open the .utc of every character you want to wear this armor... then you're going to have to place it on their person... And, in some of these cases, they're not going to be able to wear the armor due to an already modeled clothing and whatnot.

Otherwise... I don't really know how to help... Sorry.

Edit: Wait!!!!

You're going to have to create another item like an implant or something, and then place it in the people who need to wear the armor, make the implant run a disguise property. So your Khoonda militia people all look like commoners or what, and then you'll just equip the armor to them....

I think that should work... Somebody please know!

Either way, its gonna be a whole lot of .utc editing, and then you'll have to create a quick custom item... I don't know if its worth it or not!
 Drizzt312
04-17-2008, 10:03 PM
could i use kotor tool to edit the peoples .utc's?
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-17-2008, 10:03 PM
its not as hard as you think just edit the .utc for one type of commener there are types they dont all have different .utc files so it will take about 1/4th the time you think it will

Edit: yes you could i do thats what i used for the miner mod i made for you
 ForeverNight
04-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh, yeah, you have to use KotOR tool for this one!

While K-GFF is downright handy, KotOR Tool is a real time saver!

Yes, use it!
 Drizzt312
04-17-2008, 10:22 PM
that was really easy thanks guys!(and gals if there are any!)
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-17-2008, 10:51 PM
your welcome any other questions ask me
Page: 1 of 1