Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[IGF] - 8 Years Old, 250+ Active Members - Accepting New Recruits

Page: 1 of 1
 [IGF]IronLight
04-15-2008, 6:27 PM
Imperial Ground Forces [IGF] supports Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Jedi Academy for PC and is hosted at http://www.darkjedi.org/club/IGF)

We're a PG-13 clan with multiple servers dedicated to promoting what games were intended for: fun. We accept members of all ages and skill levels: as long as you enjoy the game, and can play in a respectful manner, then you're welcome to join us.

I've listed some quantitative details about us below, but what IGF really has to offer is the experience of being in a truly friendly and accepting community of players that just love the games they play.

If you're interested in experiencing it for yourself, stop by the site at http://www.darkjedi.org/club/IGF) ... Click on the "Enlist" link in the left menu to join, and make sure you set "IronLight" as your recruiter.

Technical details about what we have to offer:

Multiple servers for Battlefront 2 v1.1 and a dedicated Jedi Academy server, 30 Standard Ranks (additional ranks available in sub-divisions), over 50 Awards, Weekly Event Participation ribbons, a profile that graphically records your accomplishments for awards and ribbons and keeps a text record of your promotions, an Events Division that runs our Events, a Server Administration group that manages our servers, an Elite Division that practices with teamspeak and scrims with other clans, military structure comprising (currently) of 4 Regiments housing a total of 10 Companies, each of which hosts 2-3 Platoons containing 5-12 members a piece: each level of the military Structure has 1-2 Officers assigned to keep the club very well-organized. We also have a Hall of Fame, Leadership Training Programs (if you'd like to become an Officer), Meetings, Comlinks (Forums), Member of the Month polls, an extensive Knowledge Base, and Battlefront 2 and Jedi Academy Tactics Bases.

The site has evolved from simple forums to a wide variety of clan and community-based services and is currently in the midst of its most prosperous period since the club opened in 1999. DarkJedi.Org (the host site) currently hosts over 40 clubs supporting different games, and IGF is currently the 2nd largest with 271 Active Members (largest has 330): We've had over 2500 members throughout the club's 8 year history (we'll be celebrating our 9th Anniversary this coming November).

Of course, if you have questions, please feel free to ask them here, or email me directly at ironlight@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to being of assistance to you, and I hope you'll consider making DJO and IGF your future home for gaming.

-General of the Army, IronLight
Typhoon Regiment Commander
Imperial Ground Forces
Page: 1 of 1