Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

what dissapoints me

Page: 2 of 2
 heartless
08-22-2008, 12:21 AM
I am a Balck Belt in karate, and using tonfas as a weapon isn't as hard as it seems. The saber tonfa is a little ludicrous, but with some training, it's doable.

I'm a black belt in Matsubayashi Ryu Karate and I want to slap the newb who wanted to add tonfas as Jedi weapons. Wassup?

Edit: There is a difference between using tonfas and using lightsaber tonfas. If your teacher has ever tought you to use tonfas, picture lightsabers instead of tonfas. Picture trying to brace a lightsaber tonfa after a swing. Just do it.

I can tell you this much, I've studied okinawan karate since I was 11 years old, I'm 29 now, I've also been a huge Starwars fan. But as soon as I saw Maris Brood and her tonfa lightsabers I wanted to throw up. Simply because anyone who knows anything about melee combat will tell you that her weapons will be more of a disadvantage than anything else. And yes, I've studied tonfa combat.

The Dope Boys are in this. Wassup?
 Da_man
08-22-2008, 12:26 AM
What is so different between tonfas and the other freaky lightsabers that make you people hate them?
 Astor
08-22-2008, 7:51 AM
But as soon as I saw Maris Brood and her tonfa lightsabers I wanted to throw up. Simply because anyone who knows anything about melee combat will tell you that her weapons will be more of a disadvantage than anything else. And yes, I've studied tonfa combat.

The Dope Boys are in this. Wassup?

Sure, to an ordinary, earth-bound human they'd be a disadvantage. But you're forgetting about a certain magical energy called the Force.

And I don't see why all these martial arts people get so wound up about these things - it's a fantasy world - it doesn't have to follow real world norms and restraints.

If you forget about these things, and try to enjoy it, you might have a little fun by accident. :)
Page: 2 of 2