Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"Resetting" Tattoine

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Xander
03-30-2008, 4:08 PM
Hey people again I have a problem. I have recently installed BoS succesfully after eliminating some mod conflicts, but one of the conflicts involved Daemon Drexel to not appear on Tattoine, It has been fixed and he and appeared but once it was too late. Thing is I reinstalled BoS after I first visited Tattoine, so he won't appear because I have already been. I ask, is there a way to "reset" Tattoine so that Daemon will appear? By reset I mean start Tattoine over, I haven't gotten very far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~DX
 xrefusex
03-30-2008, 6:07 PM
It would probably be more advisable to use an earlier save. Otherwise, I suspect with KSE and messing around with the variables should get you your results. Perhaps someone else can provide more on that...
 Paddythegreat
03-30-2008, 6:09 PM
When i inbstalled bos i had completed tat but drexel still appeared when i went back?
 Darth Xander
03-30-2008, 7:39 PM
It would probably be more advisable to use an earlier save. Otherwise, I suspect with KSE and messing around with the variables should get you your results. Perhaps someone else can provide more on that...
Yes, I had suspected that variable manipulation may be involved. Is this the only way of acomplishing my goal?

Also It doesn't havr to be all Tattoine just Anchorhead.
 xrefusex
03-31-2008, 9:14 AM
I suppose if you've just started, it wouldn't be that much of a loss of your progress. I know what you mean very well though, I was in the same position myself a few months ago and had to re-start the planet. Perhaps by comparing Tatooine or BoS-specific variables from an ealier save (I always make a new save in the ebon hawk when I'm done with one planet, before going on to the next) and your current one, you'll find the trigger you need to 'reset', but there's a chance you might not reset all of them accordingly and end up in a bigger mess as you progress later on.
 Darth Xander
03-31-2008, 10:55 AM
I am allright with restarting Tattoine, and I know that the reset I seek exists because it seems all planets reset after visting Lehon.
 Marius Fett
03-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Try looking for the script that actually does the resetting and fire it early.
 Darth Xander
03-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Couldn't someone make one for me?
Or point me in the right direction?
And I have absolutley no idea what a variable is.
 BigMike322
03-31-2008, 10:05 PM
I would just replay Tatooine.
 xrefusex
04-01-2008, 8:29 AM
By comparing variables I mean opening a couple saves (one before you get to Tattoine and your current one) in KSE and looking in the "globals-->booleans" and "globals-->numerics" for references to Tat(ooine) for the differences and then making the respective changes. It's probably more hassle than it's worth it though, as it can be a bit hit-n-miss if you aren't entirely sure of the changes you make and it might mess up your saves some more.
 Darth Xander
04-02-2008, 3:28 PM
OK I am realyl not sure which gloabls need altering so can someone please take the time to fix it please. Here are my globals (http://files.filefront.com/Xander+Globals+for+Tat+retzip/;9930972;/fileinfo.html)
Page: 1 of 1