Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Those "?" Force Powers

Page: 1 of 1
 HIGH ON PIE 14
03-28-2008, 7:21 PM
So I was just wondering how you would go about learning those force powers "that cant be learned through normal means."You know, those ones that show up as ?s in your aquired force powers screen. Is it possible to get them all or are some of them just cut content?

...I know you get beast trick on dxun
...you learn a useless one from Handmaiden
...force sight from Visas
...and obviously breath control from Kreia on Narr Shadda

So what about the other ones? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 TKA-001
03-28-2008, 7:52 PM
I didn't know you could learn a power from Handmaiden. What is it?

If you haven't beaten the game yet, then there's Force Crush (dark side offensive power) and Force Enlightenment (light side buff power) which you learn near the end of the game. Which one you get depends on your alignment.
 JCarter426
03-28-2008, 7:57 PM
Beast Trick (Dxun)
Force Breath (Nar Shaddaa)
Force Sight (Visas)
Battle Precognition (Handmaiden)
Enlightenment/Force Crush (after Dantooine)

That's all of them, I think. Handmaiden's is actually pretty useful. Beast Trick, Force Sight, and Force Breath are pretty useless.
 Sgt. Strike
03-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Outside of the JJT, Force Breath is useless. I did find some use with Beast Trick. Force Sight is nice, to see things as they appear to Visas.
 Rev7
03-29-2008, 1:11 AM
^
On Malachor V I found Force Breath useful.

So what about the other ones? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well, I am pretty sure that you named all of them. I have no idea if there were any cut force powers...
 JCarter426
03-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Force Sight is nice, to see things as they appear to Visas.

You can do that if you go into first person view with Visas or Kreia--for free. :p

Never thought about using it there...I usually just avoid the green cracks. It is somewhat useful on Korriban, but it's really just a waste, since there are items that give immunity to poison. And if you're fully LS, Master Heal is practically free.
 HIGH ON PIE 14
03-29-2008, 3:43 PM
^

Well, I am pretty sure that you named all of them. I have no idea if there were any cut force powers...

You're probably right. Its just I had those and there were still question marks. I think the rest are for special prestiege class powers like force camoflage or something like that. Perhaps they were cut. I mean whole classes, like bounty hunter were cut from the game so cut powers is indeed plausible. Well thank you everyone, its just good to know I did'nt miss anything.
 JCarter426
03-29-2008, 3:56 PM
Oh, I'd forgotten about Force Camouflage. There's also the Sith Lord power "Crush Opposition" (which is pretty useless). And there's a Jedi Master ability called "Inspire Followers"--I'm not sure if it's a feat or a power, though.
 Gothic90
04-08-2008, 8:56 PM
Answers:
1) I'm pretty sure you can get all of them. I believe that the question marks for special prestige classes won't pop out if you are not of that class.
2) Battle precognition is not useless at all, especially if your wisdom is high, which, because of the existance of your personal crystal and some other items like Circlet of Saresh & Ossus Keeper robe, is often the case.
3) Force sight is indeed not very useful but it is cool.
4) I think Breath control only works in Jakk Jakk tar. You just successfully make those saving throws on Malachor V so easily that you think breath control works. It seems that I was poisoned once with Breath control on in the academy on Korriban. I'm not sure about this one, though.
5) Inspire Followers is a pretty nice force power. It's free and it's not completely useless. The feat is Lightside enlightenment, and the Sith Lord counterpart is Darkside corruption.

The thing I find odd is that the teachers of such force powers do not have them themselves... i.e. Visas does not have force sight, Handmaiden does not have battle precognition, & etc.
 Corinthian
04-08-2008, 9:11 PM
Meh, Force Breath isn't even that useful in the Jekk Jekk Tarr. Just wear a Breath Mask.
 JCarter426
04-09-2008, 12:52 AM
The thing I find odd is that the teachers of such force powers do not have them themselves... i.e. Visas does not have force sight...

She does in first person. ;)

Handmaiden does not have battle precognition

This one definitely doesn't make any sense, same with Kreia not having Force Breath or Beat Trick. Meh...I guess Obsidian just forgot or didn't have the time or inclination to give it to them (except for Battle Precognition, they're all useless anyway.)

Meh, Force Breath isn't even that useful in the Jekk Jekk Tarr. Just wear a Breath Mask.

Yeah, it is pretty useless. I only use it in the JJT so I don't have to wear a breath mask or Bioantidote implant (and thus give up an item during the fight). Not that it would make a difference, because none of the enemies there have any armor, and only about half of them have any (weak) weapons. If they're Nar Shaddaa's best...
Page: 1 of 1