Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiple Server Trouble v1.10

Page: 1 of 1
 Bokken
03-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Well, I need to run two servers. I've checked a guide, but it doesn't work. I'll show what I did under the target field.

Recruiting
---------
"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II PC Server\swbf2sm.exe" -port 3558 -config recruiting

Training
---------
"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II PC Server\swbf2sm.exe" -port 3559 -config training

What am I doing wrong? :confused:
 TripHammer
03-24-2008, 11:57 AM
You're not doing anything wrong as described by the BBO guide. The manager has an issue where it isn't creating the second folder for separate settings.. you have to create it yourself.

-The BBO server manager should be installed here:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II PC Server
You may have to run the BBO server manager (swbf2sm.exe) from that location at least once to create a "Settings" folder in that same location, or if you've run the BBO SM already the "settings" folder should already be there.

-Create 2 new folders in the "Settings" folder in that same location called server1 and server2 and leave them empty. (Create as many server folders as needed for the amount of servers you want to setup).
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II PC Server\settings\server1
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II PC Server\settings\server2

-Right click on the BBO swbf2sm.exe program located
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II PC Server.
Select >"send to desktop". Create the amount of shortcuts for the amount of servers you want to create. If you want 2 servers.. you'll need 2 shortcuts... 3 servers, 3 shortcuts, etc.

-Right click on one of the BBO shortcuts on your desktop, and select >Properties. change the target line to
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II PC Server\swbf2sm.exe" -port 3558 -config server1
Adding the "-port 3558" and "-config server1" at the end of the target tells the server what port and what configuration settings to use. Click OK. When you double click the shortcut for server1 to run the BBO server manager, BBO will create a whole new setup for server settings in the new folder you created "server1". When the BBO server manager comes up make sure the ports are configured as 3658 for the gameport and 4658 for the rcon port and then <save>. Start the server when you have it configured the way you want.

-Right click on the second shortcut you created on your desktop. Change the target line to
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II PC Server\swbf2sm.exe" -port 3559 -config server2
Click OK. When you double click the shortcut for server2 to run the 2nd BBO server manager, BBO will create a whole new setup for server settings in the new folder you created "server2". When the BBO server manager comes up make sure the game port are 3659 for the gameport and 4659 for the rcon port and save. Start the server.

-for a third server, you'll need a server3 folder created in the same location as the others and the port in the target line would need to change.. (increment 1) to 3560, and the game port when the BBO server manager comes up would need to change to 3660 and the rcon port to 4660.

That's it! You can run as many servers as you want at the same time (but over 3 is pushing it). Any server settings you save will be saved in the server folders you created that correspond to the server1, server2, etc.
 Bokken
03-24-2008, 5:25 PM
Thanks, TripHammer! This really helped!

Alright, new problem. My clan wants me to add some of the +123 2.2 maps, but every time one of them comes up, I lose the connection to the host.

??????????
 TripHammer
03-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Mod maps won't run on the server unless you remove the sound folders from the maps. The +123 Mod V2.2 with the sound folders already removed available HERE (http://files.filefront.com/123+v22+for+Server/;9602632;/fileinfo.html) or you can remove them yourself from the files you already have.

The BF2 folder and DLC folders from the +123 Mod v2.2 must be put into your Addon folder here:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II PC Server\Addon

You'll have to create the Addon folder in that location if you don't already have one there.

That's it. If you want to run Mod maps on your server... the sound folders have to be removed from the maps and if you put them in the Addon Folder they should show at the bottom of the map list in the BBO server manager.

If you want to play the XL maps or the SWBF2 campaign maps on your server.. they are there installed with the +123 Mod v2.2, but you have to run the map manually from in game admin commands because the BBO SM doesn't support XL or Campaign maps from the server manager.. only from in game admin controls.

GL!
 Bokken
03-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Alrighty, I've removed the sound files, but I still lose the connection. And lately, that's not only when the mod maps come up.

I'm just full of crappy problems.
 >General Havok<
03-25-2008, 11:18 PM
I dont really know what your talking about but im sry about your problems LOL
 TripHammer
03-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Alrighty, I've removed the sound files, but I still lose the connection. And lately, that's not only when the mod maps come up.

I'm just full of crappy problems.

Is the BBO server manager giving you an error? Are you running the server from a seperate computer and joining the server with your computer? Or are you running everything (servers and game) from one computer?
Page: 1 of 1