Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[SWBF2] Freezing

Page: 1 of 1
 teodesetkata
03-23-2008, 3:11 PM
The problem is as follows.
The game starts. The map starts. OK, good so far. But every time about 2 minutes after the battle has started, the PC freezes. It freezes much quicker in space battles and a bit slower in land battles, but I cannot finish any game. An interesting thing is that I tested a normal skirmish game and I lowered the number of units (bots) per team and sometimes it did not crash. But when there are more units, it crashes quickly. I pass the system requirements and I don't know why the game doesn't work.
 TripHammer
03-24-2008, 1:47 PM
What are your computer specs? If you're running dual core.. you may have to turn one core off and run in affinity mode. Check out the procedure in the Battlefront 2 TweakGuide HERE (http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB2_1.html). It also has a couple of other CTD issues. Sometimes it refers to the SWBF1 guide but that's because the engines are relatively the same. The solutions for SWBF1 may help you too.

Beyond that.. it sounds like a graphic problem. Make sure your graphic drivers are updated. I know a few peeps that had to update their Nvidia drivers before the game worked correctly for them.

GL!
 teodesetkata
03-25-2008, 3:01 AM
Will a DXDIAG file help, instead of me listing my computer features manually?
 TripHammer
03-25-2008, 7:25 AM
I guess I'm mainly interested in whether you're running a dual core computer... what's your operating system? graphics card? Did you try any of the above? Updating graphic drivers may help if it's not a dual core computer.. but if you do have dual core, you'll have to turn one off when you play the game.
 teodesetkata
03-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack: Service Pack 2, v.2096
DirectX: 4.09.00.09.04 (DirectX 9.0c)
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 630, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (128 MB)

Hope this helps!
 TripHammer
04-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Your specs should run the game fine. I'd start with lowering your graphic settings or make sure you've updated your NVIDIA card drivers.

How much memory do you have? Are there other programs running in the background?
Page: 1 of 1