Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KT GFFEditor problem (please help)

Page: 1 of 1
 Swxpert
03-11-2008, 12:41 AM
I new and i can't seem to be able get the GFF editor to work in kotor tool, i downloaded kgff but it still dosnet do anything there is an error message that pops up in kt everytime that says
says " error lauching GFFEditor
is it in the same directory as this program? "

here is whaT I'M DOING just in case it's me but i just redid it to make sure i'm not messing up:
i go computer>C>Programfiles>KotORTool>
then i move the kgff in there the i rename it "GFFEditor.exe" then i start up kt and test it on 001ebo.git(42409) and it always pops up with the error messages that i printed above.

Edit: i'm sorry if this sounds like i'm whining at people to help me but all i want is for this to work so i can start making things and become a contributor aswell, then everyone can appriciate the ideas i have, cause i hate taking and using mods without trying to create and share with people, so if someone could help me figure out whats wrong with my kt i'd really appriciated it.
 Darkkender
03-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I get the same errors. I have chalked it up to changes in KGFF since this method used to work with KT. Since there have not been any updates to KT in nearly 2+ years and since then Tk102 has improved and fixed different things within his utilities this would lead me to believe that KT is looking for more than a file named "GFFEditor.exe" odds are it is also looking for some other internal hooks that have changed within the KGFF's program code.
 Swxpert
03-11-2008, 3:12 PM
So how do you work around this then?
 tk102
03-11-2008, 5:52 PM
I have no such problems launching KGFF from KT. Here is what KT does:
1. extracts the resource to KT's working directory
2. it executes "GFFEditor.exe" located in the same directory as Kotor Tool and passes the name of the resource it just extracted to that program.

There is nothing more magical than that. (I mean, you could copy notepad.exe to GFFEditor.exe and you'd open the file in notepad.)

My KT directory is C:\program files\fred tetra\kotor tool

You might want to double-check your paths.

The work around of course is to simply extract the file and launch KGFF on your own.
 Swxpert
03-12-2008, 12:35 AM
ok so i open the modules with my KGFF what do i do with them?
 tk102
03-12-2008, 1:02 PM
That's beyond the scope of this thread.
 tjhazmat
04-01-2009, 8:49 PM
I have no such problems launching KGFF from KT. Here is what KT does:
1. extracts the resource to KT's working directory
2. it executes "GFFEditor.exe" located in the same directory as Kotor Tool and passes the name of the resource it just extracted to that program.

There is nothing more magical than that. (I mean, you could copy notepad.exe to GFFEditor.exe and you'd open the file in notepad.)

My KT directory is C:\program files\fred tetra\kotor tool

You might want to double-check your paths.

The work around of course is to simply extract the file and launch KGFF on your own.
Or you could just rename the kgff.exe to gffeditor.exe!!!

Simple fix worked for me!
 redskutter
11-22-2010, 6:23 AM
I know this is an old thread but it was bugging me.

Rename the file as said above^^

Find your kotor tool folder right click > properties uncheck the read only box > apply > OK.

Fixed it for me atleast.
Page: 1 of 1