Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can Yavin IV and BOTS coexist?

Page: 1 of 1
 BigMike322
03-09-2008, 8:38 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to use BOTS with Kotor Mod Manager. I wanted to have Yavin IV installed, then switch it out for BOTS after I finish it. Would this work, or are they the type of mods that have to be installed from the very beginning of your game?
 jonathan7
03-09-2008, 8:44 PM
You need them both installed from the start; it should be possible to make them compatible tho; I wouldnt of forseen too much clashing between them; especially as they use custom modules; the problem would be edited appearance files; and possibly items.
 xrefusex
03-10-2008, 1:28 PM
I had the same question myself! I remember I had installed BOTS on top of force-power mods and it messed up some of the appearances; all the rodians were female jedis and stuff. Caution...
 Darth InSidious
03-11-2008, 3:50 AM
That rather depends...on what you mean by BOTS?
 xrefusex
03-11-2008, 7:12 AM
Brotherhood of Shadows mod. At least that's what I'm on about...
 Darth InSidious
03-11-2008, 7:15 AM
Well, yes. Just install Y4 first, since it doesn't use TSLPatcher.

Also, xrefuse, which force power mod did you install?
 xrefusex
03-11-2008, 2:32 PM
Cheers Darth InSidious!

I think I was using the force_destruction, force_quake and multi_plague/kill force powers. I think that I might have also had installed the Iriaz_Dantooine_Modules_Fix and Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard mods as well. Maybe I hadn't removed them properly.

A similar problem arose last week when I was playing through with only Quanon's Temple Mod and BoS and the Rodian had become one of the custom Tentateraks beasts that Quanon uses in his mod. The problem was that I decided to play through anyway and didn't save early enough in the game on Korriban, so when I removed BoS (because of the messed up appearances), the beast was still there, not responding to anything, blocking the path to Yuthura, meaning I had to restart Korriban. Sounds worse that it actually was, just frustrating when small incompatability issues as such arise between mods.
 Darth InSidious
03-11-2008, 11:31 PM
^That error was probably caused by an appearance.2da glitch. I'd expect you installed the temple after BoS, right? That would be the issue.

And while I don't have the FPs you've downloaded, I'd guess those are mutually incompatible or don't use the TSLPatcher?
 BigMike322
03-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Thank you very much for your help.
 xrefusex
03-12-2008, 5:38 PM
^That error was probably caused by an appearance.2da glitch. I'd expect you installed the temple after BoS, right? That would be the issue.

And while I don't have the FPs you've downloaded, I'd guess those are mutually incompatible or don't use the TSLPatcher?

I don't recall, but that's pretty much what I figured had happened. After erasing the entire override forlder and installing the mods from scratch in a different order, it seemed to work fine.
Page: 1 of 1