Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW timeline...

Page: 1 of 1
 RobQel-Droma
02-23-2008, 2:18 PM
While I'm working on my fic, I've been checking up on some of the dates for what is supposed to be happened - since the story takes place before KotOR, there's some seeming continuity errors with the actual timeline.

However.... since I was working on finishing up the next few chapters of the story, in which I planned to have a little background/history (and dates), I went and did some checking. I originally thought there was a small gap between the Exar Kun War and KotOR with a nice open spot, but I wasn't quite correct. Here's what I found:

3983 BBY - the Exar Kun war finally appears to be over by this time.

3976 BBY - Mandalorians start attacking outer worlds. Republic chooses not to intervene. The Knights of the Old Republic comic's story starts here.

3963 BBY - Mandalorians start invading the Republic, and the Republic answers.

3959 BBY - Revan and Malak start the new Sith War.

3956 BBY - the story of KotOR starts.

So, I have a couple questions. First of all, is this correct? And secondly, would it be plausible to center a story about Kavar as a padawan during the space between 3983 and 3963 BBY? As far as I know, there's not much going on during that time that directly involves the Jedi or the Republic...
 Rev7
02-23-2008, 6:16 PM
Okay, let me try this again. I spent a good 20 minutes on this and then LF went down on me:

The timeline is generally correct, but I did notice some things that are not right. Here they are:
First of all I think that I should state that all the information that I will be talking about was off of Wookiepedia. Not the most reliable source, but I have no idea where else to get the information. Okay, here we go-- The Exar Kun War (Or better known as the Great Sith War) actually only lasted 4 years--from 4000 BBY to 3996 BBY. The war ended in 3996 BBY.

Your information on the Mandolorian Wars appears to be correct. There is something else that I noticed, Revan and Malak weren't in the New Sith War. The New SIth War was from 2000 BBY to 1000 BBY. I think that you got that war mixed up with the Jedi Civil War which was from 3959 BBY to 3956 BBY. Your information was correct.

I think that it would definately be plausible for a story centered around Kavar being a padawan during those years. That is a 20 year time period, which would probably make Kavar, I would say, around 20-35 years old. I would definatly say that that is plausible. Hopefully I helped...
 RobQel-Droma
02-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Okay, here we go-- The Exar Kun War (Or better known as the Great Sith War) actually only lasted 4 years--from 4000 BBY to 3996 BBY. The war ended in 3996 BBY.

Hmm, you seem to be right. I checked some other places, and it seems my original number was merely the date when most of the storylines ended for the characters that took part in the war.

There is something else that I noticed, Revan and Malak weren't in the New Sith War. The New SIth War was from 2000 BBY to 1000 BBY. I think that you got that war mixed up with the Jedi Civil War which was from 3959 BBY to 3956 BBY. Your information was correct.

Ah, that is the name I was looking for.

I think that it would definately be plausible for a story centered around Kavar being a padawan during those years. That is a 20 year time period, which would probably make Kavar, I would say, around 20-35 years old. I would definatly say that that is plausible. Hopefully I helped...

That's good. Thanks for your help!

(ha, mach! my story isn't so chronologically screwed after all! :p )
 Rev7
02-24-2008, 1:17 AM
My pleasure. :)
 machievelli
02-26-2008, 10:07 AM
(ha, mach! my story isn't so chronologically screwed after all! :p )

Only if you assume that he is in his late 40s to mid 50s when we meet him in TSL. I was going by apparent age, which would have made him mid to late forties. That was my only quibble.

As for how to get around my plaint, if you had left out the Republic troops, making them local militia instead, and made it a full scale pirate fleet style raid (Which have occured throughout human history during periods right after wars) instead of a full; scale military style invasion I would have said nothing.

Think of the difference between the Viking incusrions of the 10th century, and Normandy.
Page: 1 of 1