Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

my Friends cannot connect to my servers, why?

Page: 1 of 1
 lead-menace
02-17-2008, 8:50 AM
I don't know why, just reply and ask me anything and I can ansewer to help
 TripHammer
02-28-2008, 8:23 AM
Are you asking for help? or offering it? Do you have the problem?

Can your friends "see" the server in the online list and they just can't join it?
 lead-menace
02-29-2008, 9:03 AM
oh yeah sorry yes I am the one that has the problem, my friends cannot even see the server in the list
 TripHammer
02-29-2008, 2:39 PM
You need to make sure you're running the same server version as your friends are playing. If you're running the server manager for 1.0 and they have the 1.1 game installed.. they won't see your server. make sure your server is running on the internet and not set for a LAN. I'd also make sure your firewall isn't blocking your server or their connections.
 lead-menace
03-01-2008, 8:34 AM
ok so also, would a wirless internet connection have anythign to do with it?
 TripHammer
03-01-2008, 9:47 AM
It shouldn't matter that you have wireless internet... but it will matter if you've got a seperate firewall for the router. You usually have to go into the router configurations and clear the ports for server and game use or just DMZ the line your server is on. DMZ= Demilitarized Zone.. or clearing all the ports on an internet line. It's usually a configuration setting for routers for specifically clearing lines for server use. It'll be in your router docs. Each router is different so I can't be any more detailed than that.
 lead-menace
03-02-2008, 2:57 PM
ok thanx I will be trying some of these out, can I PM you this weekend anytime, because that is when I will be setting it up and any other help I will need pretty much imediatly
 TripHammer
03-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Hit me up on Xfire.. I'll help you out anyway I can.
Page: 1 of 1