Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting far enough before talking

Page: 1 of 1
 GeorgNihilus
02-12-2008, 6:18 PM
Hi people :) lately I did a script to make Mira dance for the PC (punishment for her stubborn attitude ALL THE TIME to me hmm), the script works fine but problem appears when I initiate the dialog with the dialog button too close to Mira (let's say less than 1.2 meters). In this case, no matter the cameras I set through the DLGEditor 2.3.0 (I've not tested all of them of course) the animation shows only Mira's face when dancing :mad: specially in close environments as narrow corridors, small rooms or narrow doors. On any other case (more than 1.2 meters or so) the animation plays perfect with cameras ID/angles sets like -1/2, 2/2, 8/2, 2/2 and sometimes -1/0.

So, what I need is to move back Mira to the default dialog distance (which is a little more of 2 meters it seems more or less) BEFORE firing the dance animation (the script or whatever that automatically fires when she is far from the PC and you press the key to start talking to her); that would solve the issue easily. Or some function to make her or the PC get away a meter more or so only in case they both were too close ... I haven't seen functions for this ... but I'm not an experienced modder you know :xp:

Well that's it, any ideas?

good modding and thanks on advance :thumbsup:
 Stream
02-13-2008, 8:53 AM
Attach this script to a node before the one that makes her dance;

void main () {
object oNPC = GetObjectByTag("Mira", 0);
object oPC = GetFirstPC();

int bRun=FALSE;

ActionPauseConversation();
AssignCommand(oNPC, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oNPC, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oNPC, ActionMoveAwayFromObject(oPC, bRun, 2.0f));
ActionResumeConversation();
}

--Stream
 GeorgNihilus
02-13-2008, 9:22 PM
Exactly what I needed :D a couple of steps back before the dance, worked fine Stream :bow:

thanks a lot, good modding! :thmbup1:
Page: 1 of 1