Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Speculative Fiction] We, the Living

Page: 1 of 1
 Tysyacha
02-08-2008, 11:26 PM
(Note from Tysyacha: Speculative fiction differs from sci-fi in that it deals with future times and how people predict they will be, but it's more realistic than 'whoa, far out'. In speculative fiction, there usually aren't any aliens, lunar colonies, spaceships beyond space shuttles, etc. Speculative fiction deals more with the social/philosophical future reality, a la Orwell's '1984' or Margaret Atwood's 'The Handmaid's Tale'. Thus, I present our story's intro...)

All of us, the roleplayers, have been accused of crimes in a totalitarian-dominated future. All the countries of the world are ruled by one world order, though it does not dare identify itself as such for fear of revolution and war. The crimes of which we are accused are either trumped-up charges or real charges that carry new meanings in the eyes of the totalitarian government.

We have all been sentenced to die horrible deaths (pick your own method.) Medieval and other cruel punishments are allowed under the repealing of anti-torture statutes. However, our sentences are commuted to exile and hard labor at the last second possible through the 'mercy' of our benefactor government. How long? You pick. Anyway, we wind up at the same work camp, where we learn the true nature of the way the world works now...

...which is that totalitarian actions are sending us literally backward in time!

What will we do to challenge this in our exile? Will we stand or be broken?

Here's my character:

Name: Itreya (I like that name! It's my new favorite when I'm not Tysy)
Race: Caucasian
Ethnicity: Russian-American (legal immigrant)
Appearance: Like Tysy in my KOTOR video (see JKORoundTable thread)
Crime: Treason
Death Sentence: To be burned at the stake in an outdoor area/clearing
Page: 1 of 1