Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Syphon Filter

Page: 1 of 1
 DeadYorick
02-08-2008, 4:38 PM
Anyone play Syphon Filter? They are still making sequels for the games. My favorites were the old PS1 versions (1-3). Anyway anyone play them?
 Negative Sun
02-08-2008, 5:20 PM
The PS1 games were awesome, about the same quality as GoldenEye was for N64.
 Pho3nix
02-08-2008, 6:15 PM
^ True.

Despite being sort of a "cheap Metal Gear Solid copy" I still enjoyed the PS1 games.
 DeadYorick
02-08-2008, 6:17 PM
^ True.

Despite being sort of a "cheap Metal Gear Solid copy" I still enjoyed the PS1 games.

Syphon Filter didn't seam like a Metal Gear Solid copy. It had stealth missions true. But it also had heavy combat missions as well.
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-09-2008, 3:05 PM
All Syphon games were awesome...

That is, excluding the pitiful Omega Stream.
 DeadYorick
02-09-2008, 3:09 PM
All Syphon games were awesome...

That is, excluding the pitiful Omega Stream.

Omega Strain*

Omega strain was okay. Since it was multiplayer and you could customise your character. Except the fact that the story relied on you reading in between the lines and your character was not in it at all even though you were the one killing all the major terrorists that threatened the world.
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-09-2008, 3:19 PM
I was talking more about gameplay here. But I think it was bad storywise too...
 DeadYorick
02-12-2008, 10:25 PM
What about Syphon Filter did you like specifically? I liked the weapons
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-13-2008, 6:39 PM
The feel. Plus the gameplay (Which, by the way, is good again on Dark Mirror) .

I've always liked how the first one looked like the first MGS game. There's even an artic setting on it.
Page: 1 of 1