Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[RP] Casting Call: The Jedi Knights of the Round Table

Page: 1 of 1
 Tysyacha
01-28-2008, 9:48 PM
In real life, I've always wondered why the Jedi Order (the one in KOTOR and Episodes I-VI) was so down on romantic love, marriage, and procreation among its members. Perhaps the answer (or at least a playful theory) lies somewhere along the lines of Arthurian legend, and the tragic tales therein...

Time Period: 5,000 BBY (Pre-KOTOR, the dawn of the Golden Age of the Sith)

Characters: Six Jedi--three Masters, two Knights, and one Padawan. The Masters, of course, echo the roles of "Arthur", "Guinevere", & "Lancelot", with the Knights and Padawan struggling over whom to pledge their loyalty. This group of six forms one of the first primitive Jedi Councils. Will the betrayal by the lovers of their Grandmaster cement the Order in a crisis, or split in in two?

My Character: Jedi Knight Itreya
Race: Human
Appearance: Like my PC in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P__BXAsJN8)

Background: Itreya is the servant and apprentice of "Guinevere". She knows of her adultery but is hesitant to inform the Grandmaster of the Order of this. In a way, Itreya commits just as great an act of betrayal by remaining silent and trying to protect "Guinevere" from punishment. This betrayal is doubled when she is ensnared in a web of blackmail by a fledgling Dark Jedi Knight. Despite all of this, Itreya is kind and passionate, wanting only goodness and love in everyone's life at the potential cost of forgetting justice.
 RobQel-Droma
01-28-2008, 10:17 PM
My Character: Jedi Knight Camevon
Appearance: clicky (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=faramirmaingx3.jpg)
Weapon/Equipment: Not much besides twin blue lightsabers and a chestplate of synthetic leather to slow most melee weapons.

Background: The apprentice of "Lancelot", Camevon is headstrong and quick to act. He does not tend to worry about the correctness of his actions, rather feeling it is better to act and not hesitate. He knows of some of the secrets Itreya has, along with some other darker problems that the Jedi Grandmaster does not know about, but he feels that it would be detrimental to reveal these, and so keeps quiet.

BTW, Tysy, what level of technology are we looking at? I mean, are we fighting with swords, or sabers? ;)
 Tysyacha
01-29-2008, 8:26 AM
Lightsabers are in use, but they require a power pack attached to the user's belt. This is according to the Star Wars Official Chronology, which I bought last year right before New Year's. :) Thanks for joining! :)
 Rexraptor2000
01-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Name: Jedi Master Gravinustus
Race: Turian
Appearance: Combat 1 (http://images.wikia.com/masseffect/images//1/18/Masseffect_40_1280x760.jpg), Combat 2 (http://www.fanboy.es/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/mass_effect.jpg), Passive (http://masseffect.bioware.com/_commonext/images/me/conceptart/masseffect_01_400x760.jpg)

Background: Gravinustus, or Gravin for short, is a cold and calculating figure who sees justice and order as the path. He's one of few words, preferring to listen in opposition to speaking and will often only input suggestions or advice when he deems it necessary, and often knows more than he says. He's also almost unmatched when it comes to physical and combat prowess, and spends most, if not all, of his free time training. He prefers the blaster (Check pic) over the lightsaber in most cases, only resorting to the saber when necessary.

Gravin has seen much in his lifetime, and knows much too just from listening and observing, including some secrets of the other Jedi. For now though, he doesn't act upon this knowledge or inform the Grandmaster, as he sees this as something that needs to be dealt with at the right time. And when it does, he will not be hesitant in dealing out the appropriate justice.
 steven
01-29-2008, 12:43 PM
*rubs hands together* Character resurrection time...

Name Jedi Padawan Mignola Sapien (or Mike for short)
Race: Nautolan
Appearance: Mike (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/4c/Nautolan_NEGAS.jpg)
Weapons/Equipment: Sword (see Picture), Mask (http://www.1ofakindstuff.com/products/pred_ch.jpg)

Background: Mike was an unfortunate person as at birth, due to a faulty gene in both his parents, Mike 's eye's would cause him great pain if they interacted with light. To combat this problem, Mike's father attempted to raise him underwater however he met the unfortunate fate of being attacked by sharks. Mike was only one years of age when he watched his father being brutally eaten by sharks and would of been next if it wasn't for a quick rescue by a mysterious watchman that looked after the planet from great evil. This watchman looked after Mike and built him a special mask which contained certain light filters which allowed him to see above water.

Near his late teens Mike was discovered to be force sensitive and the watchman tried to train him to use his powers for good, however the watchman's teaching experience was limited so Mike only able to learn the basics. However the Watchman wanted more to happen with Mike, so he contacted an old friend who he learned was apart of newly formed order of force sensitives and convinced him to have his order train Mike to apart of their ranks.
 ForceFightWMe12
01-29-2008, 5:11 PM
Hmm...tsk tsk - only one Master? Perhaps another of my classic stoic masters are needed here...though I have to say, I'm not exactly familiar with the Arthurian lore that you seem to be acting on here, Tysy...
 Tysyacha
01-29-2008, 5:27 PM
The legend of King Arthur, in very brief form, goes this way:

King Arthur sought to unify the jumbled mess of provinces that was England into one country. He also created the "Round Table", sort of like a huge council of knights that would fight not for bloodlust/gold/revenge, but justice and the ideals of chivalry. All of King Arthur's knights sat at a round table so that it would have neither head nor foot. All would be considered equal, though there was one chair only the purest could sit at.

Arthur married the beautiful Guenevere, and they were happy for a time until a French warrior named Lancelot du Lac showed up and wanted to become one of his Knights. Lancelot and Guenevere fell in love, and their betrayal of Arthur was high treason. Through their affair, they set the stage for the downfall of the Round Table itself.

Mordred, Arthur's illegitimate son by his half-sister Morgawse, eventually came to the kingdom of Camelot to try and claim the throne. Arthur would not stand for this, for he hoped that someday he and Guenevere would have a son who would be his heir. Out of a desire for revenge, Mordred and some of Arthur's knights ambushed Lancelot and Guenevere in a lover's tryst. Forced to deal with his wife's adultery, Arthur reluctantly sentenced his queen to burn at the stake for treason, for this is the "civil law" that he put into place. Found guilty through a trial by jury process he founded, Arthur felt he had but two choices: Kill the Queen or kill the law? His only hope lay in Lancelot.

Lancelot rescued Guenevere moments after her stake was lit, so this meant Arthur had to go and fight him man-to-man, with all of his loyal knights behind him. Being fatally wounded in the battle, Arthur saw his dream of "Might for Right and Justice for All" fade into the abyss of the Dark Ages. However, it still lives on in popular legend...:)
 Black Knight of Keno
01-30-2008, 8:50 AM
Is the Grandmaster open? I have a certain character I might want to include in this RP
 Darth Kalverys
01-30-2008, 9:11 AM
I have a tendancy to just randomly leave RP's... but Tysyacha has sparked my intrest in this type.

My Character: Jedi Knight Jasper Vontrapar
Age: 16 (? Errrr... well I had intended him to be a padawan, but then I saw that the role was already taken, but I'm too lazy to change the age... instead, I thought I'd write this long message explaining why. *rolls eyes*)
Appearance: Jasper (http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii25/xXJasperHaleXx/70265631.jpg)
Weapon/Equipment: Lightsaber, Stealth Generator belt and a power pack enabling the Jedi Knight to use a lightsaber.
 Tysyacha
01-30-2008, 9:19 AM
OK, the three Knights and the Padawan are taken, as is one Master, presumably "Arthur". I still need a "Master Lancelot" and a "Master Guinevere"; then we can start! :)
 ForceFightWMe12
01-31-2008, 7:39 PM
Name: Jason Travestnie
Appearance: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/BastilaRevanforever/Renders/CabalOnline.png)
Back Story: There isn't much to say about Jason - other than the fact that he is exceptionally gifted. Through many different tasks, missions, and tests, he proved himself worthy of the title of Jedi Knight by his late teens, and since then has moved on to the level of Master. It is true that he's a little reckless, and he might not be the strictest of masters, but he certainly is one of the strongest, and the most skilled, despite his relative youth. However, it is because of this leniency and recklessness that he's now worked himself into the hole he's in. Love between co-workers never was good...cheating with your best friend's love was even worse.
 Tysyacha
02-01-2008, 5:33 PM
Hey, Black Knight of Keno...

What this RP needs is a "Mordred", aka a Dark Jedi/fledgling Sith, who provides the impetus and the motivation for "Arthur" to deal with his wife's betrayal. Want to catch Linieva Zhenevaru and "Lancelot" in the act and make Itreya pay? :) Sorry I killed the Grandmaster off, but I felt it would make this RP a bit more personal if I offered Gravinistus the role. *muahaha*
 Master_Archon
02-01-2008, 6:39 PM
Hey Tysy, mind if I join with a Gawain character type? Because I personally didn't want to join as one of the main masters.

If not, then I understand. Also, if I can have the character, tell me what rank you want him, because I don't know myself personally, Gawain is considered one of the best knights in Arthurian legend, but I don't want to make him a master without consent.
 Tysyacha
02-01-2008, 6:44 PM
Sure! I also like Gawain, and I can't wait to see what he'll contribute. :)
 Master_Archon
02-01-2008, 7:51 PM
Edit: Oh great!...Sorry folks, didn't mean to double post, I forgot I was typing in the quick reply box, and not editing my above post...my bad.

Name: Onuu Var

Race: Zabrak

Appearance: Warrior (http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/164/6/e/The_Emperor_of_Iridonia_by_RoxySpaulding.jpg)

Weapons/Equipment: lightsaber with power pack; Two short blades; Vibro-Naginata

Background: A man of valor, honor, courage, and purity, he has served his entire life under the current masters. He is the adopted child of two human parents, whom were related to the Grandmaster, who he has considered his uncle his whole life. He is unashamed to state his relation to the Grandmaster, though he knows it is not a blood relation. Who his real mother and father are, he knows not, all he knows is he has brothers, and maybe even sisters out there somewhere.

Onuu at a younger age served to bring honor back to his uncle, who was insulted at a celebration by a strange force wielder who made brash accusations, and even severed his own arm off (the head would be too...unrealistic), and then carried it out. Onuu met the challenge, and in the end, though he nearly failed, he did succeed, though the strange fellow ended up as a mentor and ally in the end, and Onuu learned a great lesson from that quest, and has never been the same since.

It should also be noted that his skills in non-lightsaber combat are exceptional, as well as his dislike for the lightsaber, though he does have one. He was also one of the youngest knights to ever be promoted to masterhood and then allowed onto the council. Though that may soon change.

His personality is that of kindness, wisdom, and above all, patience. He has a naturally soft voice, and is relatively quiet, though, when forced, he can speak out with great strength, and it is rare that others do not heed to his words. Onuu is a "behind the scenes" guy, prefering to keep to his own business. His speach is warm, and has an almost unnatural charisma. And above all he enjoys to tutor padawans, and young knights, but loves the company of children most of all, and is often found with the younglings, and even children in general, even those that are not force sensitive, or apart of the order. Currently he is married with two children and one on the way.

[Okay, I'm done, tell me if it's good or not Tysy.]
 Tysyacha
02-01-2008, 8:27 PM
That is a fabulous profile, and with your deep and interesting background story, I would like to see how Onnu reacts to the death of the Grandmaster. Perhaps he could request to help Itreya and Linieva (Guinevere) with the funeral preparations...? :)
 RobQel-Droma
02-02-2008, 2:57 PM
BTW, who's the "Lancelot" character?
 ForceFightWMe12
02-02-2008, 2:59 PM
That would be me, I do believe ^.^
 steven
02-02-2008, 3:26 PM
Should my character attend the meeting, or would he not be allowed because of his rank?
 Tysyacha
02-02-2008, 3:45 PM
He's not a Master, so he can't be at the meeting, but he can eavesdrop at the door...:)
 Darth Kalverys
02-02-2008, 3:47 PM
What about the Knights?
 Tysyacha
02-02-2008, 3:53 PM
The Knights can eavesdrop, too--in fact I'd find it strange if they wouldn't try! *LOL*
 RobQel-Droma
02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
^Oops, lol. Well, just pretend that I slipped outside while you guys started the meeting then.

That would be me, I do believe ^.^

Oh... well, hello master. :p
 steven
02-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Is Gravinustus the "Arthur" character or was that the grandmaster before his death?
 Tysyacha
02-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Gravinustus is now "Arthur", having taken the old Grandmaster's place. :)
 Master_Archon
02-07-2008, 8:34 PM
Ok Tysy, seeing as I have no idea what your plans are for this RP and the Sith, maybe you could tell me what my character should/could say.
 Tysyacha
02-07-2008, 9:04 PM
The Sith are just starting out, and yet their "Golden Age" is about to take place. Unfortunately, I'll wager that in this RP, Onuu and the other Masters only suspect this, as did Yoda before Anakin became Darth Vader. I not only intended for this RP to have parallels to King Arthur, but to the events in KOTOR and the 6 movies as well. :)

So, for your character, I'd have him say the dark side's growing stronger and the Sith bolder, sending spies to masquerade as Jedi and possibly infiltrate.
 Master_Archon
02-08-2008, 8:21 AM
Okay then, I'll work on that.
Page: 1 of 1