Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor 2 english mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Aron
01-28-2008, 7:45 AM
I bought Kotor2 a couple of days ago but when I got home I realized it was in french and my french sucks (I live in Belgium, 50% french, 50% dutch).
I can't return it due to some stupid rules, I would've bought it from a foreign shop but I don't have the money for it.
I've searched the internet for days now without finding any patch that would change the game to englishe except for the movies thx to the high res download.

Could some one give me the english audio and text files, it's not illegal to do that afaik. Back when I bought "Black and white" and "the movies" they were both in dutch and I found the files needed to change the language into english quite fast, Lionhead even released a patch for it.
 Darkkender
01-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Could some one give me the english audio and text files, it's not illegal to do that afaik. Back when I bought "Black and white" and "the movies" they were both in dutch and I found the files needed to change the language into english quite fast, Lionhead even released a patch for it.

Actually in Fact it "IS" illegal and a redistribution of the game files. Even though other game developers might allow it "LucasArts" does not. This would be a direct violation of the EULA. For reference All request for some sort of content needs to be in the "Modding Request" subforum at the top of the modding forums. If i'm incorrect a moderator will state otherwise, elsewhise I see a :lock: in the future.
 Aron
01-28-2008, 11:00 AM
So there is no way I will get the english dialog and audio files? :( that's an unhappy thought.
 Ghost Down
01-28-2008, 11:14 AM
What's wrong with French?
 Aron
01-28-2008, 11:39 AM
My french sucks, my mother language is dutch and I play all my games in English. Also, french doesn't really fit in a star wars game.
 Ghost Down
01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Heh, have to agree with you on that.

I am Dutch, and I also hate games which are in my own language! (Dutch)
Anyway, I wish you good luck in you search :)
 Miltiades
01-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Can't you trade it in for an English version? Where did you buy it?
 Marius Fett
01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Try eBay or Amazon? You can get em quite cheap there.
 RedHawke
01-29-2008, 1:27 AM
Please do not make duplicate threads. One thread per topic please.

Your original thread in TTB (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185732), lets keep the discussion to that one. Closing this one.

OT: There is no game 'files' that can be sent to change the language, you will need to buy an english version of the game, unfortunately.

I do not know the retail laws in Belgium but if there is nothing to cover you, the consumer, then your only recourse is to simply never go in the store with that 'no exchange or return' policy again. Sorry.
Page: 1 of 1