Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Voice Editing

Page: 1 of 1
 ganoesparan06
01-27-2008, 4:18 PM
I would like to attempt some voice editing for K1...

Im wondering what program would be good to use for splicing together parts of different voice excerpts to form a new conversation.

For example there is a lot of Dialogue that the NPC speak in the game - like Bastila and Carth. It would be relatively easy to locate them saying pretty much any word that could possibly be used to splice together a new sentence...

It might sound a little strange but its better than no voice at all right?

Just experimenting anyway...

So what would be a good program?
 Stream
01-27-2008, 4:53 PM
I personally just use Windows Sound Recorder for .wav files, it may not have all these fancy settings and what have you but it works. Otherwise just try a google search for sound editing programs, there's hundreds of freeware software out there, download.com is another good place to try.

--Stream
 ganoesparan06
01-27-2008, 6:30 PM
Does windows native sound recorder program allow you to splice together exceprts from different voice files tho?
 Stream
01-28-2008, 2:33 AM
Yeah open one file, move to where you want to insert and go edit>insert file

--Stream
 DarthStoney
01-28-2008, 7:45 AM
Goldwave is a pretty good program and easy to use it is avaliable as shareware.
 Kristy Kistic
01-28-2008, 6:43 PM
Goldwave (http://www.goldwave.com/) is a very nice program and works extremely well for patching wav files together to make new dialog lines. I've personally used it for this exact purpose.
 Ferc Kast
01-28-2008, 7:15 PM
I recommend Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/), as that is the only sound program I've ever used...And, at that, I only have used it for my AP Spanish class. It seems to be somewhat decent and can save as wav files, IIRC.
 ganoesparan06
01-28-2008, 9:58 PM
Goldwave is shareware?

That means id have to pay for it right? How much is it?

What about Audacity - ive actually heard of that, its supposed to be really good.
 DarthStoney
01-28-2008, 10:46 PM
goldwave is free to use but if not registered it has a toll counter for each session when it reaches its limit you can restart the program and the counter starts over. I have yet to reach the limit just splicing dialog together.
Page: 1 of 1