Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

0xC0000005 error - Advanced Training

Page: 1 of 1
 sfkz
01-25-2008, 8:28 PM
Basically, I just got this game, and when i go to enter "GPC and Wilderness" to start the advanced training, i get a black screen, the word "loading" appears, then i get an error.

"Psychonauts has encountered an error - Crash: 0xc0000005. Please contact tech support at ....etc"

I got the game from steam, so the patch doesn't work, but I'm assuming it is already the latest version, and my system specs greatly surpass the minimums, they can be found below:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz
RAM: 2GB
VIDEO: Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB
SOUND: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value

I also have roughly 80gb free on the drive which Psychonauts is installed on, so HDD space wouldn't be an issue.

All of my drivers have been updated, I've turned everything off since other threads seem to liken it to a graphics issue. I've disabled everything i can via Services and Task Manager and I've even tried entering the same area through the reception (as opposed to the Main Campground area), all with no avail.

I have the .dmp file available if it can help in the diagnosis, and am willing to upload it somewhere for someone to examine it to help me out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm loving this game so far and I don't want it to be cut drastically short!

sfkz~
 urluckyday
01-25-2008, 11:36 PM
I take it you're using Windows? Which one are you using? XP or Vista?
 sfkz
01-25-2008, 11:49 PM
ah yeah, the only thing i didnt mention:

I'm using XP, i have also gone into the common files within the steam folder and changed the compatability tab to Windows 2000, without any luck as well
 urluckyday
01-26-2008, 7:16 PM
Well, I only ask to make sure it doesn't get asked later...

I mean, the best thing I can suggest is to actually ask for support from whoever it is takes it...I'm sorry that I can't be of further help simply b/c I don't have the game for PC.
Page: 1 of 1