Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP]Compability Mod Pack,CMP

Page: 1 of 1
 LordRevan999
01-25-2008, 6:54 PM
As many may know that I took control over the compability mod concept first started by Danyael27 after the team's splitting.I will be starting the mod for now but some things must be done first.The team has not been progressing since then maybe because we are stuck in real life and also because I was helping Serathas with his mod.So now those who know and those who don’t know please know that in no way we are taking credits of others work we will simply combine mods together or say make them compatible with each other so that it saves space and so that some other problems can be solved.So please don't take us wrong we will give original modders their credits.Below is the list of the current team.

Danyael27: Advisor
Ferc Kast: 2da editing
Serathas: K1 Scripter/Modules/Beta tester
darthriddick: Scripter/Beta Tester
LordRevan999: Incharge/Skinning/Custom Items/2da Editing
Murdrax:Beta Tester
I need to recruit another skinner,2da editor,beta tester.If any one wants to join ask me.

Till now Permission Recieved from:
mindtwistah
LordRevan999
Envida
Deadly Stream
Darth HK
Darth333
Prime
Sekan
DarthDingDong
Oldflash
DarthRiddick

Permission needed from:
Miles Edgeworth
mandalorian16965
Darth Xander
Bill Hickle
Glovemaster
Indiana_Revan77
DARTHMOELLER
Deathdisco
sith_master_3000
obiwan3001
Achilles
RedRob41
mjpb3
Silveredge9
ChAiNz
Evasto
Shaggoth
Dark Diva
Agent Xim
Meck Project
HouseOfAmon
TheJediExile
Shadowleader
HandoKinral
Xavier

If anyone can contact or if any modder who is in the above list can give us permission it would be a great help.Also I repeat I need a skinner,beta tester,and 2da editor.
Our Plan is to get permissions from as many modders we can and then we would start the making mods compatible.Then v.0.8 be released only for beta testers then v0.9 will be released which will be beta tested for last time so that no problems are left.Then v1.0 will be release and a bonus mod might be added.
Explanation:Please everyone read this.We are not trying to take glory of any thing.We have nothing against anyone.We just want to make a mod containing mods which are not compatible and to save time of downloading different mods.At this time we have an idea to separate K1 and TSL mods in two different folders.We will try to make more folders and separating mod types from each other.

Major Edit:Please everyone read this one.I have realized where I was going on and when I learned about what I had been doing is wrong.I am ashamed of myself but I want make it up for what I had done.So I have changed somethings in the mod pack.And from now on the project is to make mods compatible using tslpatcher which are not compatible or which donot use tslpatcher.I don't know whose mods are using tslpatcher and who's not.So I would first like to ask if someone can tell me the names of mods which aren't using tslpatcher.And secondly I am not removing the permission given or permission need list cause I don't know if any mod by the list given modders dont use tslpatcher.If I am wrong again somewhere please correct cause it took me time to think how to correct this thing.And from now on the mod pack is defined by its name and will be really a compability mod pack.
 Inyri
01-25-2008, 7:08 PM
I'm fairly certain Shem said you could not use any of his mods (source (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2401392&postcount=121)), unless he changed his mind. I know I and several others on that list have already stated our positions on the mod in the old thread.
 Darth Payne
01-25-2008, 7:15 PM
Inyri, i've allready sendt a pm to him about it.
 LordRevan999
01-25-2008, 7:16 PM
I'm fairly certain Shem said you could not use any of his mods (source (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2401392&postcount=121)), unless he changed his mind. I know I and several others on that list have already stated our positions on the mod in the old thread.
Alright you win I lose.

Edit: And also I forgot to write the list of permission needed includes those who have rejected because I hope they rethink over this again.If you don't want your name then just ask nicely and calmly.
 Darth InSidious
01-26-2008, 9:54 AM
Just to clarify, I've already said "no". My permission isn't needed, it's been denied.
 RedHawke
01-26-2008, 1:03 PM
I had deleted this post because I do not agree that these things are to be done in public, but I will undelete this post because that is what was asked for.

My answer is the same here as it was for the other Mod Pack... sorry no please remove my mods from your 'list'.

Note: I recieved some PM's last time I posted my opinions on this topic and well lets just say I didn't appreciate any of them. So add this on to my previous reasons I posted before as to why I refuse permission for Mod Packs.
 LordRevan999
01-26-2008, 1:42 PM
OK Darth InSidious I have removed your name.Sekan has given his permission,thanks Sekan.
 Marius Fett
01-26-2008, 2:26 PM
I see my name is on the list. Use what you want just don't alter anything please and include my original readmes.
 Darkkender
01-26-2008, 2:29 PM
In advance I'm voting no for my inclusion, I cannot fully speak for the Entire MECK Project related modders such Xavier or Prime so don't take this as a denial for the MECK project.
 Master Zionosis
01-26-2008, 2:48 PM
This is the first I've heard of this project, even with the previous thread :p.

I'm going to state that I don't want any of my mods included in your project thanks. :)
 Darth Payne
01-29-2008, 7:04 AM
Well, i just got the best news of the year.

Oldflash has given permission to use his mods in this project.

Hopefully this will get some modders to reconsider their decisions to not give their permission.
 LordRevan999
02-01-2008, 6:55 PM
OK,I have fixed some problems I got when trying to make some of the mods compatible now since oldflash has given permission I will soon try to download his great mods and then would make them compatible too.
 Darth Payne
02-01-2008, 6:58 PM
And btw, we are still on the look out for more permissions.

If you yourself have made a mod that you would like added to this project, PM LordRevan, he is in charge as project lead.
 Ferc Kast
02-01-2008, 8:11 PM
I give permission to most of my mods being included...except for certain ones that I did. But, I will add them into the pack on my own time (to ensure that the ones I don't want included will remain unincluded).
 murdrax
02-29-2008, 7:26 PM
well from a point too by lordrevan just found this thread too bad redhawke on your recjection for being included i understand but also saddened would have been neat to see your awsome work included in this im gonna be watching this topic very closely.
 LordRevan999
02-29-2008, 7:29 PM
Thanks,murdrax but I am currently working on bendak's golden armor.So you will have to wait a bit.To see me working on this again.If you can ask permissions form those listed in permission needed list.And also you are in the team as a beta tester.
 Emperor Devon
02-29-2008, 8:09 PM
Permission needed from:

Empeor Devon

I'm not sure why you put me on the list, as what (very few) mods I've released either used stoffe's wonderful patcher or didn't have any 2da files. Putting them in a giant mod pack would actually make them less compatible with the smaller mods out there.

Having just finished reading the old thread for this, however, I can only assume you're including them to garner extra glory for the project or because you've not taken the time to find out what I've made actually does.

I don't like either reason, nor the history of the team involved in this effort. Permission denied.
 Kristy Kistic
02-29-2008, 8:58 PM
Please remove my name from the list. I am not interested in having my mods included in this project. Permission denied.
 Lordjedi
02-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Are you aware that some of those modders haven't been online in years?
 Shem
02-29-2008, 10:50 PM
My name is still on the "Permission Needed" list. I denied this a long time ago. Please show me that you actually read my posts in this thread since this is your thread after all.
 greggomonkey
03-01-2008, 8:19 AM
hello the holowan plug-in for k1 has mods that are now long unavailable and has almost 100+ mods in it from many of these modders that arnt even around anymore ill try and find a link.
 JFSOCC
03-02-2008, 3:40 PM
what's people's motivation behind denying permission? I really do not understand, you make a mod which you've shared with the public, then someone asks you to add it to a pack, without altering anything, and with fully crediting you.

where is the downside? is that you do not wish to be mentioned amongst other names? is it an issue with such a thing not being modular. is it the author of the pack you dislike or distrust?

it just completely baffles me why anyone would not jump at the possibility to further share something they created.
 Inyri
03-02-2008, 7:45 PM
it just completely baffles me why anyone would not jump at the possibility to further share something they created.Most of the people who are denying the use of their mods have already made their mods as compatible as possible with other community mods. As such there is no reason to add them to a 'compatibility pack' since they are already compatible. In fact some authors have stated that doing so would reduce their mods compatibility.

I certainly hope you're not trying to pressure authors into doing something they're not comfortable with by guilt-tripping them. These mods are already all quite available.
 darthriddick
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Permission for the use of any and all material created by me for use in either of the KOTOR games is GRANTED.
i'm sorry i've been away for so long everybody, but i had a rather traumatic death in the family.
I Also decided to leave becuase i was worried that my participation might have been one of the reasons some people expressed distrust over the mod pack. i have set up several projects in the past only to have them fail a mere few months after they were set in motion, mostly due to my Real life takeing sudden and or violent priority.

However if the team needs any work done, i'd be happy to help, just nothing too big, as my life is still rather hectic.

Cheers ya'll, and i hope this wonderful project works out, it would be a major shame and a huge loss if it didn't.

~DR
 JFSOCC
03-03-2008, 8:14 AM
I certainly hope you're not trying to pressure authors into doing something they're not comfortable with by guilt-tripping them. These mods are already all quite available.
certainly not, I was just hoping someone could make sense of it. decreasing compatibility certainly is a very valid argument. I know forums are a hard place, and a second meaning is often intended, comments can be considered snide without meaning to, and tempers get high.

but I'm the kind of person that tries to get things discussed, explained and in the open. which means a lot of trouble, sometimes more than it is worth.
 Darth InSidious
03-03-2008, 8:17 AM
certainly not, I was just hoping someone could make sense of it. decreasing compatibility certainly is a very valid argument. I know forums are a hard place, and a second meaning is often intended, comments can be considered snide without meaning to, and tempers get high.

but I'm the kind of person that tries to get things discussed, explained and in the open. which means a lot of trouble, sometimes more than it is worth.
Frankly, the entire mood and method in which this mod project was assembled leads to the somewhat inescapable conclusion on the parts of a few of us that this is a cheap attempt to grab 'glory' from the mods included without actually having to do much hard modding. It's unnecessary, unwieldy, may actually cause incompatibility, and will also cause much confusion as to who is the author of the component mods - after all, who ever reads the credit lists in readme files?
 LordRevan999
03-03-2008, 9:26 AM
Excuse me,but Darth Insidious you are wrong that we are doing this for glory or whatever you call it.The purpose of this pack is to give compability to mods especially the ones which include appearance.2da.If you and I can mod this doesn't mean everyone can mod so many have the problem of making two or three mods compatible so they can play all of them.
If you still think we are here for glory then you are wrong.I am not attacking on anyone I am trying to explain this to you people.After all that happened in the last thread I don't wish to make it happen here(At that time I was not Incharge).
Please tell us why?
Look at murdrax he asked to make a pack of mods.Atleast only few are here to understand what we are doing.
 JFSOCC
03-03-2008, 5:11 PM
after all, who ever reads the credit lists in readme files?
I do. but those who don't, also wouldn't pay attention to the author of the original release. but fair enough.
 Inyri
03-03-2008, 5:28 PM
Sure they would. They're always eager to say "omg _____ i luv u marry me and have my children!" to whoever's name is on the file page.
 jonathan7
03-03-2008, 5:40 PM
What I find very curious is I would understand it if you wanted to marry several mods togeather, but instead you just want to include every mod ever made; which will lead to clashes.

I don't understand either why you are bugging those who have requested that their mods are not included; its their hard work so their decision. I also dislike the way this was done; you should of approached all the authers individually to ask if you could use their work, instead of having an 'opt' out system; instead it seems that you are trying to blackmail/shame those who don't want their mod included by naming them in the first post; "Permission needed from" as you have left in the names of individuals who have stated they don't want to be included. It also seems that you have put very little effort into your first post; given that, is the project going to be a success? And not to be inflammatory but I tend to agree with DI's point.

Just my 2 cents.
 LordRevan999
03-04-2008, 2:32 AM
Sorry everyone,for not removing names of those who refused.I didn't want to blame/shame those who refused I just didn't paid attention to the list.I thought I removed those names.Any how thanks jonathan7 for telling me my mistake.I am sorry if anyone has taken this as a blame/shame.
And one more thing what does inflammatory means seriously I am not English.
 Stream
03-04-2008, 2:45 AM
It means provocative, also i do understand why some authors don't want their work included, most of them nowadays use TSL Patcher so that their work is compatible with others, if you included them in a big pack you would have to make new .2da files and that in itself may cause a problem, if you miss something it could mess up the mod completely, I'm not saying you will but it could happen we all make mistakes.

--Stream
 Marius Fett
03-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Look, personally I don't mind you using my mods, but there are quite a few who do.
I suggest you do something like this:

Download all the mods you want compatible. Take the 2da files and JRL files etc from those mods and merge them so you have just one 2da/JRL with all the mods data in them.

Then release these files without the actual mods and just link to the mods in the readme.
 Darkkender
03-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Look, personally I don't mind you using my mods, but there are quite a few who do.
I suggest you do something like this:

Download all the mods you want compatible. Take the 2da files and JRL files etc from those mods and merge them so you have just one 2da/JRL with all the mods data in them.

Then release these files without the actual mods and just link to the mods in the readme.

This doesn't usually work so well becasue frequently you have to edit GFF files(UTI's, UTC's, etc.) to match with the 2da changes. I can recall from my own experience that doing this type of modding without gaining modder permission WILL lead to sanctions from the community.
 Marius Fett
03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Hmm... I never thought of that...

Looks like you'll just have to make do with gthe permssion you have then. :)
 Taak Farst
03-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Wanna know my opinion? I think this is a thread basically called Need Glory, please may I reupload your mods in a pack and get all the credit?

Do yourself a huge favour and stick to making your own mods. The only modder ever trusted to do something like this is Darkkender.
 murdrax
03-04-2008, 9:12 PM
i dont see it as need glory i see it as someone who is honestly trying to help the players by making things compatable that arent already and i also dont see any pushy moves.

i also think this woul;d be even neater if darkkender was willuing to help out myabe even have this as a sister type project to holowan where the 2 can work together to create the biggest gathering of the best out there!!
 Ferc Kast
03-04-2008, 9:32 PM
Wanna know my opinion? I think this is a thread basically called Need Glory, please may I reupload your mods in a pack and get all the credit?

Do yourself a huge favour and stick to making your own mods. The only modder ever trusted to do something like this is Darkkender.

Now that I see it that way, I will take your advice. I will continue work only on my own mods; Also, I think that I will remove my mods from this pack.

No offense intended, but Farst does have a point there.
 LordRevan999
03-14-2008, 7:10 AM
Everyone please note that the project will be halted for 2 months due to my upcoming exams.Meanwhile all those who wish to tell me where I am still wrong can pm me or post a message in this thread.And Also there is a major edit in the first post read it please.
 Taak Farst
03-14-2008, 1:45 PM
Please everyone read this one.I have realized where I was going on and when I learned about what I had been doing is wrong.I am ashamed of myself but I want make it up for what I had done.So I have changed somethings in the mod pack.And from now on the project is to make mods compatible using tslpatcher which are not compatible or which donot use tslpatcher.I don't know whose mods are using tslpatcher and who's not.So I would first like to ask if someone can tell me the names of mods which aren't using tslpatcher.And secondly I am not removing the permission given or permission need list cause I don't know if any mod by the list given modders dont use tslpatcher.If I am wrong again somewhere please correct cause it took me time to think how to correct this thing.And from now on the mod pack is defined by its name and will be really a compability mod pack.

It is better sounding than before, but ~snipped~
Although it sounds better, I still stick to wat I sed, which was just do your own mods. Ferc obviously listened and took my advice. I'm sorry but Darkkender only did it because they were probably brilliant and popular mods which unfortunately were not compatible. These days most popular mods use TSLP already and the ones that aren't all that popular don't use TSLP. Basically saying, no point in this project m8.

Dn't take this the wrong way, I like you, :D but I h8 the whole idea of this project. Oh and soz but I also know criticism :( you arent alone there. As far as I know everyone h8's all my mods. People don't like this project! It's natural for this to happen!
 Alexander the Great
03-14-2008, 3:18 PM
What gives with that? If you don't like the idea of his mod, simply give him constructive criticism. LordRevan obviously wants to make things easier for people, but there's just not much point in making a compatibility mod when most mods are compatible. And how could he take credit for making all of those mods? It wouldn't even be plausible. I've never seen this much inanity over such a trivial matter...
 LordRevan999
03-14-2008, 4:13 PM
Thanks DDD I was so worried how to talk to these people.Moving towards the topic I have an hour so can anyone tell me how to use tslpatcher or where to even find it.
 Lordjedi
03-14-2008, 4:28 PM
You can find TSLPatcher on Starwarsknights.com :)
 Jae Onasi
03-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Taak Farst, there is no excuse to flame or use obscenities. You've earned a warning for that behavior.

Lordjedi and DarthDingDong--instead of posting about how off-topic or bad something is, use the report button. It's that little yellow dot right next to the red/green online indicator dot below someone's avatar. All you're doing with the extra posts is making the moderating staff delete not only the offending posts but yours too, and that makes extra work, on top of not letting us know about an offensive post as quickly as possible. Leave the moderating to the moderators.

I did quite a bit of clean-up in this thread after closing it. I'm re-opening it. Stay on topic. Cut the spam, cut the flaming, cut the foul language. If I see more of any of that, the thread will be closed.
Page: 1 of 1