Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Give the Zune some love...

Page: 1 of 1
 urluckyday
01-18-2008, 5:39 PM
Well, I'm back again after another one of my hiatuses...sorry... :(

So at Christmas I got one of those things...you may have heard of it...Zunes? Yea, that's it (btw, I'm totally being sarcastic).

Well, I started this thread merely as a question for anyone who doesn't want a Zune. I just want to know why people think that they're so bad. I mean sure, the first version of the firmware was horrific in its DRM management, but V.2 is, in my opinion, excellent, and I would go as far as saying I like it better than the Ipod...

Well, sorry for my absence, but I can tell you guys didn't miss me too much, and that's understandable...

Enjoy!
 MJ-W4
01-19-2008, 3:50 AM
No Zune for me. I simply don't need one.
 Astrotoy7
01-19-2008, 7:02 AM
I definitely like that theyve finally put native h264/mpeg4 onto the zune, no longer requiring everything to be transcoded to wmv

The only reason why I wouldnt get one is that my iriver portable media center is still working OK, as dated and clunky as its starting to look!

Whilst the zune probably isnt as bling as the ipod touch, the interface is OK and for those who record HDTV, supports native dvrms encoding.

@OP: check out a freeware app a friend of mine wrote, supports transcoding many different file formats to zune compatible settings.. was geared towards hdtv users initially, but very versatile - even x64 happy :)

http://mcebuddy.com/)

mtfbwya
 Sabretooth
01-19-2008, 7:43 AM
No Zune for me. I simply don't need one.
:wstupid:

A fancy MP3 player has no place in my life, Microsoft or otherwise. Especially since most of my music is randomly generated in my head.
 stingerhs
01-19-2008, 9:18 AM
i've been using the same iPod for the past 2-3 years (something like that, at least), and its been working faithfully for me everyday since i got it. so, i've never had any reason to get a Zune. ;)
 Pho3nix
01-19-2008, 9:41 AM
I can't come up with a single reason to buy the Zune.

My iPod touch is as perfect as it gets. I don't think I'll ever switch from Apple's mp3 players to Microsofts, because they simply make better products.
 Negative Sun
01-19-2008, 7:04 PM
Zune and iPod are extremely overrated and pointless IMO...

I like my phone that phones, plays mp3s and takes pictures and plays videos etc etc. :)
 urluckyday
01-19-2008, 8:24 PM
^See, I would agree with that since I have a great phone for doing things like that, but it's just the fact that I want something that won't burn up the battery of a necessary device...that's why I get individual media players...and I think the Zune is simply the best when it comes to it...
 MJ-W4
01-20-2008, 9:51 AM
The reason I don't really care about mp3s at all is their entire lack of dynamics. There's more to music than squashing all dynamics into one narrow margin. :)
Page: 1 of 1