Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Taking screenshots

Page: 1 of 1
 dub
01-12-2008, 6:44 AM
How to take screenshots? What key is it? I've tried hammering a few of the function keys, but that didn't take any.
I read through the manual but also didn't find any hint of the screenshot key...

I know I can use printscreen to take one screenshot, but that's not much use to me as I want to take multiple screenshots and I don't want to have to go to: pause the game, alt-tab out and paste them into Phostoshop, alt-tab back in, every time I take one. Also using Printscreen means I can't take snaps of cut-scenes.

I know FRAPS can take screenshots but I don't want the logo over the top of my screenshots and I am not planning on buying FRAPS just for this game.
 Thrik
01-12-2008, 12:31 PM
There is no built-in way to take screenshots in Psychonauts. Here is some free screen capture software I'm aware of (included in this superb list (http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=522081) that you might want to bookmark):

http://taksi.sourceforge.net/)

It's open source, which is usually a good phrase to include when searching for free software as it almost always means there's no ads, no trial limitations, etc. :)

It does video too, but not with audio.
 dub
01-12-2008, 1:29 PM
Hey, thanks for the info and thanks for that list.

I can't believe that some games still don't have screen capturing facilities built in... that's absolutely silly. I guess because it was a console port... but still.
It's a real shame too that they make it so hard for you to get images from the game, especially with a game that looks this nice and has such a nice art style.
 Baja
01-12-2008, 4:35 PM
Did anyone ever find a way to edit the game, such that it would be possible to disable the HUD display?
 Thrik
01-12-2008, 5:30 PM
No.

I actually spoke to Tim about exactly that, and while he told me a way of doing it it doesn't actually work. I assume the functionality was there while they did internal testing but disabled for the proper release.

It could be there's a way to access a debug menu in Psychonauts, but I've no idea how. I wasn't really bothered enough about it to press Tim further, but if someone wants to shoot an email off to Double Fine I can't see any harm in that. :)
 Baja
01-12-2008, 8:23 PM
No.

I actually spoke to Tim about exactly that, and while he told me a way of doing it it doesn't actually work. I assume the functionality was there while they did internal testing but disabled for the proper release.

It could be there's a way to access a debug menu in Psychonauts, but I've no idea how. I wasn't really bothered enough about it to press Tim further, but if someone wants to shoot an email off to Double Fine I can't see any harm in that. :)

I'll try sending them an email, what's the address?
 Thrik
01-12-2008, 8:51 PM
Use info@doublefine.com. :)
 Baja
01-13-2008, 10:00 AM
E-mail sent, now we wait.
 dub
01-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Do let us know what comes of that, if anything.
 Baja
01-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Well, it's been 5 days. No response as of yet.
Page: 1 of 1