Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about JK Dark Forces II Discs

Page: 1 of 1
 CrisG
01-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi there all,
I am wondering if any of you veteran players can help me with info on the
contents of the two CD's for JK DF II which I just bought along with most of the early titles, I installed it and it seems to run fine in my XP with some nice adjustments which I have learned by reading posts here and at the Massassi Temple and Admiral's Command Chamber...but i wondered, when i opted for the fullest install of the highest quality files, the game install never asked for the second disc, does that disk have the lower resolution files and sound filed on it? That was my guess but i was not sure. thanks for any info. I am glad these older games and some of the maps and mods for them are still alive and archived. I am looking forward to seeing the community creations for them.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
01-04-2008, 2:08 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty certain disc two is for music and cutscenes. Later in the game, it should ask you for disc two, although I believe it's possible to play without it.

( http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38) )
 Agent_Katarn00
08-04-2008, 7:20 PM
Get a Crack for the game i'm sure that would work.
 CrisG
10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
thanks but i never use cracks, I only use official disks in the correct manner. I have back up copies for the master archive that are perserved mint, so my play discs i can use as they were intended.
Page: 1 of 1