Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to lose Zaalbar on Kashyyk

Page: 1 of 1
 ReleaseTheTiger
01-02-2008, 6:36 PM
I've read on Wookieepedia that if you side with Chuundar in the throneroom you may possibly lose Zaalbar as a party member.

How?
 Totenkopf
01-02-2008, 7:18 PM
Never had that happen. Sided w/ Chundaar and Zalbar stayed, but was more cynical in his attitude toward pc.
 Emperor Devon
01-02-2008, 7:29 PM
As far as I'm aware, you can't. I've sided with Chuundar before and he goes along with you anyway. He acts a bit gruffer when you talk to him later, but he certainly doesn't leave. I've not seen anything in the game's dialogues to evidence that he can either.

Wookieepedia's not the most reliable source for exact details, anyway. It's got tons of random bits of fandom or made-up stuff thrown in. (They say you fight 'a host' of Sith Elite Gunners on the Star Forge, whatever those are.)
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-02-2008, 7:35 PM
He won't leave, ever. Just will, as the others said, lose the respect towards your PC.
 Shem
01-02-2008, 9:00 PM
I can also testify that he won't leave too.
 Jasper_Kazai
01-02-2008, 9:50 PM
(They say you fight 'a host' of Sith Elite Gunners on the Star Forge, whatever those are.)A host means a lot of people/things.
 Emperor Devon
01-02-2008, 10:12 PM
A host means a lot of people/things.

My post was actually referring to the Sith Elite Gunners, hence why I used the plural tense and said 'whatever those were'. 'Host', regardless of basically being an archaic name for an army, is a singular object which I would have referred to in said tense.
 deathdisco
01-03-2008, 12:30 AM
IIRC, You don't have to go back for Big Z after you get the starmap. As long as you don't talk to Freyerr(sp?) you can leave him on Kashyyyk.
 CrisG
01-03-2008, 1:29 AM
Yes I believe you can indeed leave him if you wish, though I imagine you could pick him up later too.
 Prime
01-03-2008, 9:29 AM
Walking carpets are fun to have around anyway. :)
 Kas'!m
01-03-2008, 12:59 PM
You can leave him. I've done it. All you have to is avoid his dad, I think (it's been a while since I've played the game), and once you find the Star Map, leave Kashyyyk. The Wookie, near the lift, will tell you still have to help Zaalbar's brother when you leave, but you don't. Then you should be Zaalbar free.
 Aeroldoth
01-04-2008, 4:14 AM
IIRC the recruit Mekel mod replaces him completely.
 Totenkopf
01-07-2008, 3:17 AM
You can leave him. I've done it. All you have to is avoid his dad, I think (it's been a while since I've played the game), and once you find the Star Map, leave Kashyyyk. The Wookie, near the lift, will tell you still have to help Zaalbar's brother when you leave, but you don't. Then you should be Zaalbar free.

Have done that as well. But you have to ditch him, you don't lose him by picking one side over the other. You can also leave him and Mission on Taris (but you have to cheat to do that, I think).
 BrollytheMighty
01-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I know you can leave Zaalbar on Taris by having a high enough security skill, but how do you leave Mission there?
 mattyvirgo
01-17-2008, 8:44 AM
I know you can leave Zaalbar on Taris by having a high enough security skill, but how do you leave Mission there?

How do you leave Zaalbar behind by using high security. Id really liek to try this if someone can tell me.

Thanks
 RyanFialcowitz
05-31-2010, 11:39 AM
How do you leave Zaalbar behind by using high security?

If your security is VERY high you can access portions of the Hidden Bek's base where you're not supposed to be able to go unless you opt to betray Gadon Thek. By doing this you can kill Gadon before you're supposed to and bypass the entire Undercity portion of the game and skip right to the swoop race.

Keep in mind that you will not be able to attain a hight enough security to do this without either modding the game or using a cheat code.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
 Demongo
05-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Keep in mind that you will not be able to attain a hight enough security to do this without either modding the game or using a cheat code.

You need 100 security skill precisely and you can open "impossible" doors:)
 Schutta
05-31-2010, 3:19 PM
I have talked to Freyr, fought him, and let him live, and in the big Wookiee argument at the end, there was a dialog option to just leave the conversation with them all standing there. You could re-start the conversation if you wished, or leave the planet without him. There is no experience or loot reward that way, but I was trying to be as neutral as possible, and got through Taris, Dantooine, Manaan, Tatooine, and Kashyyyk without getting any Light-side or Dark-side points.
 Q
06-02-2010, 12:05 AM
^Is that even possible?

Awesome screen name, BTW. :thumbsup: Why the hell didn't I think of that?
 Schutta
06-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I just checked. There is a dialog option: "I don't care. Just get on with it.", and Jolee can say something like: "Wait, isn't that my line?" and the conversation stops. You can re-start it again or leave.

As far as alignment points, I did not notice one light-side point or dark-side point message (or shift in my character screen) on those planets, but to do that, I had to avoid talking to a number of people.
Page: 1 of 1