Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Crashing after every mission on XP II

Page: 1 of 1
 vamps720
01-02-2008, 5:22 AM
I realize that you all found a solution to the XP crashes the first go round. But I am running an Nvidia 8600GTS amd downloading the older driver versions has not worked. Any ideas?
 Marius Fett
01-13-2008, 3:21 PM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling.
 chevy05
03-10-2008, 4:16 PM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not work. Only a patch from the programmers will fix this game, and there never will be a patch. Lucas and company could make some easy dough if they would release a Direct X 9 version of this game with the fixes and maybe a few updates. There is nothing like this game for a PC on the store shelf.
 tyrone333
03-11-2008, 4:19 AM
Try Updating your computors Direct X drivers Space Format your PC try everything
 chevy05
03-11-2008, 7:09 AM
Try Updating your computors Direct X drivers Space Format your PC try everything
I have tried running RS on several PC's with XP SP2 that had either 3Dfx or ATI video cards with Direct X 9c. I have not tried Nvidia video cards though. Are their drivers compatible with RS and XP? Vamps720 has the same problem with an 8600GTS. Also, what do you mean by Space Formatting? Are you talking about partitioning the hard drive in some way? I really enjoyed RS and if I had room for one, I would build an old PC for a few of my older games as I do not believe my new Core Duo and other hardware will work too well with Windows 98 or ME due to drivers.
 Erwin_obs
06-09-2008, 7:16 PM
Page: 1 of 1