Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Order of the Bald Sith

Page: 1 of 1
 Jacen Stargazer
12-20-2007, 7:17 PM
I noticed something in KotOR. Most have noticed that Darth Bandon shares a head model with many unnamed Sith in KotOR. These are fairly rare Sith- one is on Taris, one is on the Leviathan, one is in the Rakatan Temple, and a last one reports to Malak on the Star Forge. Excepting the governor on Taris, these bald Sith seem to be Malak's top men.

And Malak himself is bald.

Coincidence? I think NOT!
 Ctrl Alt Del
12-20-2007, 7:21 PM
The Sith governor on Taris is a mere apprentice - And I don't think he's Malak's, Bandon is.

Nah, they just needed more room to put those cool tattoos on their heads.
 Miltiades
12-20-2007, 7:25 PM
I guess many Sith shave their head completely bald. You can't see the apprentices hairstyles, because of the hoods. I'm guessing lots of them are bald too.

...Or, bald Sith have higher rank, and when you are worthy enough to Malak, you shave your head.

"You have done well, my apprentice. You may shave your head!"
"Thank you, Lord Malak. Thank you!"

And then we get the discussions: Who's balder than who, and gets a higher rank? Oh, boy, I think I'm going to bed... :p
 RobQel-Droma
12-20-2007, 8:23 PM
Its an extra force power. They get under a bright light, tip their head, and bam! You just got force-blinded. Better than learning the actual skill to do it with the force, you know - path of the easy.
 SilentScope001
12-20-2007, 8:36 PM
Isn't one of Revan's male heads 'bald' too?

And so was Darth Maul, he was bald.
 Jacen Stargazer
12-20-2007, 8:56 PM
To be truly bald a Zabrak has to shave off his horns, IMHO.
 RobQel-Droma
12-20-2007, 11:00 PM
IMNSHO, horns are not considered hair. Therefore, Stargazer, Maul was truly bald as everyone else obviously sees. Anyways, if they were, he would not be a true Sith - how dare you accuse Lord Maul like that? Shame on you. I now remove you from my list of smart people.
 Rev7
12-21-2007, 1:15 AM
Sidious had hair, Vader HAD hair. It is a popular hairstlye I guess. ( I don't have a bald head, I happen to love my hair)
 Miltiades
12-21-2007, 5:33 AM
Sidious had hair, Vader HAD hair. It is a popular hairstlye I guess. ( I don't have a bald head, I happen to love my hair)

Maybe losing your hair is a symptom of reveling in the dark side.
 Kas'!m
12-21-2007, 8:06 AM
Darth Bane was bald too, and so Naga Sadow was too . . . I think you may be on to something
 stoffe
12-21-2007, 9:18 AM
"You have done well, my apprentice. You may shave your head!"
"Thank you, Lord Malak. Thank you!"

It's part of the initiation rites into the higher echelons of Malak's Sith organization: Shaving your own head with your lightsaber. Those who complete the task and survive are deemed worthy.

http://www.jediknightii.net/smiles/smiles/salook.gif)
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I guess those wierd purplish marks/scars on their heads weren't really from turning to the dark side, then..... well, they were, but in a- different sort of way.

But, if you read the LotF series, you would know that Darth Caedus has hair, right? So....
 Miltiades
12-21-2007, 1:39 PM
But, if you read the LotF series, you would know that Darth Caedus has hair, right? So....

He'll lose all of it. You'll see! :)
 Ctrl Alt Del
12-21-2007, 6:11 PM
It's part of the initiation rites into the higher echelons of Malak's Sith organization: Shaving your own head with your lightsaber. Those who complete the task and survive are deemed worthy.

Sounds dangerous. Can't they use Lightscissors?
 Darth InSidious
12-21-2007, 7:00 PM
Sounds dangerous. Can't they use Lightscissors?
Lightscissors are for the weak. :p
 Inyri
12-21-2007, 7:00 PM
My theory is that the dark side impedes hair growth. Malak's bald, Revan is (potentially, if you use that Asian head) bald, the apprentices are bald, Sion's bald, Darth Vader's bald, Darth Maul's bald... Sidious and Dooku obviously conspired to use Rogaine though...
 Shem
12-22-2007, 12:20 AM
And Malak himself is bald.

Coincidence? I think NOT!Just remember that Malak was bald with those same head tattoos before he ever became a Sith Lord.
 Darth InSidious
12-22-2007, 8:59 AM
So we know he planned to fall to the Dark Side even before he did!

:xp:
 Serpentine Cougar
12-22-2007, 3:37 PM
But Yoda was almost-bald.... :Open2:

Also, lol @ thread.
 Shem
12-22-2007, 5:04 PM
But Yoda was almost-bald.... :Open2:And Mace Windu was bald. :xp:
 Miltiades
12-23-2007, 7:51 AM
And Mace Windu was bald. :xp:

"The dark side clouds everything". Yeah, right, because you're dark side yourself! :)
 Ben Bryddia
02-12-2008, 1:40 AM
To Darth InSidious’s comment on lightscissors: How about a lightrazor? Like the one Dooku used for his beard? Or, if not that, could you adjust blade length for the infamous sheering? I’ve heard rumor (Splinter of the Mind’s Eye to be precise) that Anakin’s second ‘saber had incredible adjustability. Luke once made the blade as small as the fabled lightletteropener of Master Vodo-Siok Baas.
To Serpentine and Shem: Yoda: Dark Rendezvous hints that Yoda had once had a brush with the darkside so that could explain the hair loss. And as for Windu, we all know how close Vaapad skirts to the darkness. Besides, I bet he liked the aerodynamics of baldness while he fought.
All right, enough of this.

Well, actually, Malak lost his hair (he used to have very normal black hair if the KotOR comics aren’t mistaken) due to one of the many experiments performed on him by a certain Mandalorian Doctor named Demagol. This was back when Revan was known to most, media included, as the Revanchist, (possibly where he got his Sith name) and his crew of upstart young Jedi were only scouting out Mandie territory and working to support the Republic Military, not leading it. Pre-Exile joining, for those who didn’t get that. Pre-Juhani’s dad dying and Griff leaving his sister and Brjik joining the Vulkars and Carth becoming a hero and Saul Karath becoming a villain. And, naturally, before Revan gets the sophisticated armor; man, that must have been a boring Galaxy. :)

Darth Bane lost his ability to grow hair when he was a young cortosis miner on Aptarros due the local chemicals and the fumes from mining equipment.
For those willing to check out the Star Wars preview page on Darkhorse.com, you will see that one of the Tales previews shows Maul BEFORE he was anything but a beggar on Iridonna. He had red skin, but no tattoos and no hair.
As for Vader, we all know he had that lovely chance to see what it feels like to be the marshmallow on fire, I don’t think that really counts.
The only two on the list so far I cannot explain away is the one on Naga Sadow and the one on Darth Bandon.
My guess is that those who do it by choice do it for fashion. Bald and tattooed is the new thing in Chic Sith Magazine. Caedus, Kryat, and Nihl just haven’t gotten their subscription renewed. I tell you, when a Sith Lord stops worrying about looking demonic, corrupted, and shiny all sorts of terrible things start happening to his career. Just take Judo Kreesh for instance, longest hair I’ve seen on a Sith…or, perhaps, Kaan, or even Githany. Hmm, Traya didn’t turn out well either, hmmm. I wish I knew if Nihilus had hair. ;)

-Bearer of the Krijinia.
 Tommycat
02-12-2008, 3:29 AM
Sideous was a member of the Hair Club for Sith....

Not only am I a member, but I'm also the Emperor.....

Short hair, and baldness could be for the intended fighting. Nothing to hold on to... With hair it is very easy to control your intended target if you can get a hand to their head.

Windu may have cut off his hair for the fact that with Vapaad, hair might have gotten in the way. Or he might have burned it with a sabre once and you know how bad hair smells when its burning.....
 Master Shake
02-12-2008, 4:11 AM

http://www.jediknightii.net/smiles/smiles/salook.gif)
.....Ya and then Malak said you also had to shave your beard with your lightsaber until he accidently cut off half of his face. :lol:
 The Betrayer
02-12-2008, 5:52 AM
My theory is that the dark side impedes hair growth. Malak's bald, Revan is (potentially, if you use that Asian head) bald, the apprentices are bald, Sion's bald, Darth Vader's bald, Darth Maul's bald... Sidious and Dooku obviously conspired to use Rogaine though...
And the only serious response award goes too...
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-13-2008, 7:08 PM

So hair is some kind of "Angel halo" of the Jedi?
 PoiuyWired
02-14-2008, 3:53 PM
So, as jedis get better, they become hairyer... Maybe its the Jedi;s Way to hold good Midiclorians...

Its good that Aayla die early then.... And yes, Han Solo must feel like "An Adventurous Historian Finding Treasure In A Jungle" everytime he goes to Leia.

Well, maybe Mace is supposed to have an Afro as we like it.
 adamqd
02-14-2008, 5:24 PM
 Rev7
02-14-2008, 10:46 PM
:rofl:
If only...
:afro1:
 Ben Bryddia
02-18-2008, 2:48 AM
Awsome! That must have been Mace before he started slipping into Vaapad.

To PoiuyWired:
Naturally, look at Quinlan Vos, Qui-Gon, Tvokka, Lowbacca, Oppo Rancisis...
My little sister and I have a running joke about chaps with facial hair having an innate advantage over clean-shaven people. Take for example, Kyle Katarn; how else does he manage to mow down rooms full of stormtroopers without apparent injury? Of course other factors such as pointy ears (thus explaining why Legolas can fight as he does), being short and green, being a walking carpet etc. also enhance performance to one degree of another.

The General consensus of this highly controversial thread: The darker you go, the shinier you get, the lighter you go the hairier you grow. By this one can instantly determine another's alignment. And, it's a lot more convenient than Force Sight.

The only real problem is the grey areas. If a chap has hair like Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan it is ambiguous as to whose side he swears allegiance too.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.
 MrMarius
03-13-2008, 7:57 AM
Oppo Rancisis must be one hell of a jedi then xD
 Ben Bryddia
03-14-2008, 12:17 AM
What about Lowbacca? He and his fellow Wookie Jedi are exessivly hairy?
 Arcesious
03-14-2008, 12:55 AM
The Dark Side: Take over the universe with the power of the dark side!

Side effects may include death, doom, plot devices that kill you, injury, mental instability, wrinkles, borg-like skin pigment changes, and baldness.

I couldn't resist. :xp:
 PoiuyWired
03-17-2008, 1:37 AM
Oppo Rancisis must be one hell of a jedi then xD
Yes he is, and a master of Battle meditation if i recall.

What about Lowbacca? He and his fellow Wookie Jedi are exessivly hairy?

NOW you know why GL is fursecuting wookiee jedis and their creators?
 MrMarius
03-17-2008, 5:09 AM
I played through Korriban again yesterday and found, I hadn't thought of it at all, Uthar Wynn and Jorak Uln (the Academy's master and former master) were also bald or bald-ish. needless to say there can be only one Dark Lord of the Sith, and so they had to meet their tragic end, but I suddenly noticed their baldness.

Then what about Master Vrook, the guy is grumpy, near bald and strikes me as being too aggressive sometimes... well, he only has an alignment score of.... 55 or something?
 Jacen Stargazer
03-23-2008, 8:54 AM
Vrook hasn't completely fallen- he still has some hair in the back of his head. But he's close.
 Rev7
03-23-2008, 1:13 PM
^But he isn't Sith. ;)
 DarthAve
03-29-2008, 11:49 PM
I think it may be archetypal. Baldness probably is associated with being old. The Sit have been around for what, ever? Also, their short or lack of hair, could represent the masculinity that is the Sith. They want power, and which gender is a ssociated with power? Males! Males commonly have short hair or go bald, circle compleated.
 Rev7
03-30-2008, 12:33 AM
^
Very interesting speculation DarthAve. Why at first, did Anakin (Darth Vader) still have hair when he was on the beginning of his walk down the darkside?
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-30-2008, 9:26 AM
^
Well, it's not like suddenly gains darkside points and his hair fall to the ground as if it was a wig. It must be a slow process. Involving tattoos on the forehead.
 DarthAve
03-30-2008, 9:57 PM
^ What he said. When you slowly dwindle from light to dark, it's gonna be a slow process. A slow process helped by FIRE! Or a lightsaber cut.

Also, from the women's perspective, in either of the games, the sith acamedy's female students: Did any of them have georgous flowing locks? NO! They all had buzzcuts, and they kinda looked like dudes from a distance, masculinity...again. And don't pull Bastilla into what I just said, she's a dwindler, straying slowly from the light to the dark, can can easily be convinced to turn to the light with a little pursuasion. It's all the Sith that are like "No, ur stupid, Dark side roxorz. I keel u." when you try to change them that are...BALD!
Page: 1 of 1