Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Big Bad Soundmod MkII

Page: 1 of 1
 Oddball_E8
12-16-2007, 8:54 AM
well... because apparantly some of the sounds from JK3 (wich i hadnt played) had snuck into my soundmod i had to revise it... and i added some alternative sounds as well...
as well as my old evil scream sounds...

so go ahead and download it at: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Big_Bad_Sound_Mod_MKII;85090)

heres the readme:
Title : BigBadSoundmod_mkII
Author : Oddball_E8
date : 2007-11-28

Description :this here is a little mod i threw together for KotOR (but it works for TSL too) that changes alot of the sounds...
more so than any other soundmod ive seen out there (including my old ones)

heres a short list (of sorts) of what ive changed:

all blaster sounds...
all saber sounds except twirling (for this i suggest the "ultimate soundmod" by shem)
impact sounds for blasters
alot of the fighting sounds for swords and unarmed (blocking, impact, swing etc.)
some of the grenades (frag, plasma, stun and thermal)
and some misc. sounds

NOTE: the sounds under "scream" might be too much for some people to stoumache so please dont use
them unless you really, really want to be evil.

Installation :just put all the sounds in your override folder (without using the folders i have included, they are just there for easy pickin')
i have also provided some alternate sounds for variation. take a listen to them and sort out the ones you want yourself. if there is
one you like, just delete the _alt part of the filename and it should work just fine.
NOTE: the cb_ls_hitsoft1_alt.wav and cb_ls_hitsoft2_alt.wav sounds are there becasue someone complained about hearing the lightsaber sound
when the kick animation was playing. unfortunately the "soft" and "hard" markers in the filenames do not indicate the kind of hit, but
instead indicates what kind of target is being hit. so if the enemy is wearing armor the "hard" sound will be played. However, i did
include this sound for completeness...

NOTE: the sounds in the folder "screams" go into the "streamsounds" folder. just let them overwrite whatever is in there since they wont
permanently overwrite anything.

Un-installation :just remove the sounds from the override folder (and if you installed the screams just remove the files you put in there)

Compatability :this should work with any other mod that doesnt change these exact sounds...

Terms of use :since most of the sounds in this file arent made by me, you'll have to ask the original authors of those sounds if you want to use them...
but if you want to use the grenades sounds go ahead, theyre mine. any other sounds that are not mine or credited in the "credits to" part
are grabbed from the net in general and quite free to use...

Credits to :young Obi-Wan for his saber sounds in the "cool saber sounds v2" mod (for jedi knight)
WelshFromUK for his saber sounds in the "futuristic saber sounds v1.2" mod (also jedi knight)
Liquid Schwartz for his saber sounds (this is geting repetative) in the "geonosis saber sounds" mod (jk again)
Mater_Xalius for his saber sounds (yeah... more) in the "xalius xtreme saber sounds" mod (jk... again)
neo for his blaster sounds (finally something else than sabers!) in the "REAL sounds" mod (you guessed it! jedi knight)

NOTE :this is the final version of this mod. The problems of sorting out gamesounds from moviesounds when looking for sounds has left a bitter taste in my mouth... i probarbly wont mod another starwars game again... ever.
on the plus side tho, none of the sounds in this version should be from other games (afaik)

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY OBSIDIAN, BIOWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT
COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

EDIT: removed my e-mail
Page: 1 of 1