Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Schattenlander - The Darklands

Page: 1 of 1
 Corinthian
12-15-2007, 3:16 PM
Germany has never been a peaceful land. Romans, Huns, Mongols, Muslims, Franks, Goths...all have battled within this land. The land remembers the blood that has been spilled here. But in the hidden years before the remembered times, creatures walked as men, and men were like beasts. But these creatures have been long forgotten, buried beneath the relative mundanity of life in the war-torn Holy Roman Empire.

Five years ago, as they each individually finished their apprenticeships, a group of friends made a pact - to meet in the city of Leipzig in precisely five years, at the Rosengarten Inn, there to discuss their futures. That day has come, and now, the friends migrate from across Germany to fulfill the pact.

As they each enter the city and find their way to the inn, one of them is running as though all the hounds of Hell were at his heels...

1465 A.D., Germany. The closing years of the Medieval Era, the end of the eras of supersition and the rise of Enlightenment. A war-torn land, with peasant revolts and rebellious Barons seeming to spring up every day, from the four corners of the Empire. But even a raging horde of Mongols could not bring a fear of this magnitude. The fear that makes a young child shy away from the dark corners of the home, the fear that leaves even the boldest-hearted quivering in fear at the unknown.

Everything they thought was true...is true.

In Medieval Germany, reality is more horrifying than fantasy.

This RP will be somewhat different from what we're all used to. For one thing, I'm going to have a hard time working in anyone joining late, as a major thing is that the characters are all quite familiar with each other - the RP isn't going to be leading into situations where I can easily latch someone else onto the group.

Name: (Nothing too outlandish, this IS the Real World. Preferably something Germanic, too. Not a big deal, though.)

Age: (Below thirty, above twenty. This is five years after the end of your character has left the family home.)

Trade: (Try to keep it in line with your character's abilities. If your character spent five years as a Franciscan Friar, you really shouldn't have much experience picking pockets or busting heads.)

Appearance:

Skills: (You know the drill. Try not to be too amazing, especially at stuff that involves killing people. Hard to have anything be intimidating when your guy runs through Mongol Raiders and Teutonic Knights as quickly as a warm knife slices through softened butter.)

Possessions: (Money, weapons, food, drink, useful equipment...it's a Catch-all. No Katanas .)

History: (Only put in stuff the rest of the group would know, or things your character would tell without much prodding. If you want to do a revelation about your character, do it in the RP.)
 Corinthian
12-16-2007, 2:08 PM
Name: William Schmidt

Trade: Hunter

Appearance: William is tall and lanky, with short-trimmed brown hair and blue eyes. He usually wears earth-tone clothing, cowhide pants and a vest, usually with a cloak over it. He wears a sturdy knapsack on his back, a blanket roll over the top, with the cowhide sheath for his bow hangs along the side. Along his belt is the sheath for his dagger.

Skills: William is a good shot with his bow, able to nail a running deer at a hundred yards, provided the wind is favorable and nothing particularly unpredictable happens. He's got the knowhow to skin, gut, and cook it as well, although it's strictly for nourishment - he can cook. He's not good at it. He also has the knowledge to make new arrows, although only fire-hardened wood with fletching. He's no smith. He knows how to track by a footprint, and can usually tell the species by prints, as well as by other means - bent grass, cracked twigs, animal leavings, scratches on trees. He's capable of being quite stealthy, particularly in woodlands.

Possessions: Aside from the clothes on his back, he owns his bow, twenty-six steel-tipped arrows, and 100 pfennigs in a pouch hanging off his belt. A rondel dagger hangs from his belt. In his pack is a skinning knife, a hide-wrapped chunk of venison, a pouch filled with dried fruit, a length of thin rope, ten feet worth, and a waterskin.

History: William's history is rather dull. He was born in a small town a few hours ride from Leipzig, moving to the city to learn his trade as a hunter. During his seven-year apprenticeship, he met his friends, and as they each finished their apprenticeships, he proposed that they meet in the Rosengarten in five years.

For the past five years, William has been traveling along Germany, spending a month living at an inn in Worms, or living in Bramburg briefly, supporting his traveling by selling deerskins and meat. His return to Leipzig was uneventful, although the dullness of the trip was cut by his eagerness to see his friends again after five years. He's been in the Rosengarten for two days now.
 Writer
12-16-2007, 5:22 PM
Name: Christoph Alden

Trade: Draftsman

Appearance: Click to pic (http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/c/christian_bale/thumbnails/tn2_christian_bale_2.jpg)

Skills: Christoph has a creative mind, an eye for detail, and a steady hand. And he has truly mastered the trade of drawing. In addition, due to his size, he is quite intimidating, and that is often enough to prevent a fight, though he knows how to hold his own against an uneducated fighter.

Possessions: Christoph carries little in the way of money, as he finds the things he can buy with it more valuable. A vast assortment of pencils can be found scattered throughout the bottom of his well-worn leather pack, and three or four large leather 'sheaths' wrapped around stacks of paper, some of it already filled, but much of it empty. Beyond that, he has a large water can, a long knife, and no food presently on his person.

History: Christoph Alden was born on the road. Even from a young age, he was always getting into fights... and winning. When he turned fifteen, he astonished his parents by picking up drawing. Not long after that, he was observed in a fight by the man who would begin his training, though it took a while to convince the elder artist that this rough boy was truly talented. For the next seven years, they worked together, honing Christoph's drawing skill. The higher points of these years were the friends he made. At the end of the seven years, Christoph was eager to spread out and find new adventure, though he did promise to return after five years.

During the last five years, he has traveled throughout Europe and has sketched many things. With each new place he came to, he would set up a little stand and sell a few of his drawings. Many of them sold, and he received many requests for sketches of his customers. With as popular as his sketches became, it's easy to wonder why Christoph carries so little money. If asked, he holds up his drawing tools with a grin and says, "Tools of the trade, good food, and a place to sleep at night."

Christoph has just returned to Leipzig, keeping the promise he made five years ago. He is eager to meet his old friends, but he knows that five years is a long time and he wonders how he and his friends may have changed since they last saw one another...
 Corinthian
12-16-2007, 7:31 PM
What Martial Arts? They're many and varied. Also, there weren't many martial arts in Medieval Europe, they dominantly arose in Southeast Asia. In fact, I know of hardly any Martial Arts that are both ancient and from Europe or even the Middle-East.

I'm going to advise you change the bread thing. Bread doesn't keep well. After a day, it'd be incredibly stale, and by the end of a week, the bread would be a teeming fungal mass.

Other than that, you're fine.
 Writer
12-16-2007, 9:41 PM
Heh... wouldn't that be the greatest thing ever? Open your pack to find the bottom eaten out by mold! No? ok... no bread.

As to the martial arts, I have ne attachment to them... am changing it to hand-to-hand combat training. A bit less exclusive, don't you think? :)
 Corinthian
12-16-2007, 9:57 PM
Sure. I'm just nitpicking. It's kind of what I do.
 mur'phon
12-17-2007, 3:18 AM
Sorry for misunderstanding, this one should fitt a bit more

Name: Manfred Holck

Appearance: Tall, and skinny, with blonde hair and grey eyes.

Trade: Courier

Skills: Getting small things from A to B is what he is best at, on foot horseback or by boat, trough forests mountains or any other terrain, he'll get it there faster than most. He can read/write (french), but isn't exactly good at it. He also have some skill with the bill hook. Getting by as a courrier isn't easy, and he has become quite good at playing cards, even when not cheating...........

Possessions: A leather west and a less-puffy-than-average shirt and pants, and leather boots. A bill hook and tools of the trade and traveling gear for rough terrain, aswell as some dried food.

History: A street urchin, Manfred spent his childhood fetching and carrying for others, barley making enough to survive. At the age of 10 a servant on a nearby castle took pity on him, and took him as his son. During his years as a servant, he picked up some french from the "fine folk", and learnt manners.

While he liked life better as a servant, he always dreamed of seeing what was outside Leipzig. His foster father was able to persuade the lord that he needed another courier, and recomended Manfred as he already knew some french. The lord agreed, and Manfred was sent to Leipzig to learn.

While studying, he met his friends, and got out with them as often as he could. After learning to read/write french, he was enrolled in the local pesant militia to teach him dicipline, obidience aswell as basic self defence. A courier then took him in as an aprentice, and for the next couple of years he traveled around Europe. When he came back to Leipzig to finish his aprenticeship, he and his friends promised to meet again five years later.

For five years now he has traveled, realizing his dream of seeing the world.
He has just returned from constantinople, eager to meet his friends again.
 Black Knight of Keno
12-17-2007, 4:13 AM
Actually, if I may, many medieval and ancient martial arts in europe are currently sports. If you start to seriously examine things, even swordsplay was considered a martial art in medieval Europe. During the time period which you are taking, fencing and swordsmanship are the most prominent martial arts trained in, but there would still be older kinds around if you looked hard enough for a trainer. Boxing, wrestling(cath wrestling and Greco-Roman), savate, Jogo do Pau, archery, glima, khridoli and pankration were all martial arts that can be traced back to the medieval times and before. Shot put and javelin throw are also currently sports which grew from martial arts. So, check your facts before generalising martial arts as an Asian thing. Now here's my application:

[This profile has been deleted at the request of Corinthian]
 Corinthian
12-17-2007, 1:54 PM
Oh, come on. It was one thing just once, but I explicitly say "Hey, try not to be too amazing at stuff that only lends itself to killing people". I mean, good grief, the little notes are about a line long.

Black Knight, I'm aware that technically, swordfighting is a Martial Art. However, most Martial Arts revolve around straight hand-to-hand fighting. Don't get condescending, I really don't appreciate it.
 Black Knight of Keno
12-17-2007, 2:13 PM
If you are referring to me, everything that I included in my skills is essential to a knight of an order that fights in rather extreme conditions(i.e. Holy Land). Besides, survival skills in that day and age weren't too great and I at no point wish to claim that my guy can hack his way through even two well trained soldiers.

Nonetheless, most of the martial arts types I mentioned didn't involve swordfighting. Also, I was not condescending. I was merely pointing out a fact you had missed to check upon and wished to spread information of western martial arts since you said you didn't know many western martial arts types. Sorry for trying to civilize you.
 mur'phon
12-17-2007, 2:55 PM
"Oh, come on. It was one thing just once, but I explicitly say "Hey, try not to be too amazing at stuff that only lends itself to killing people"

Not sure if it was directed at just Black Knight or me aswell, if you meant me just tell me and I'll change it.
 Corinthian
12-17-2007, 2:56 PM
Yeaaah. That's not condescending. You may want to look up the definition of the word.

I'm aware your character is a Knight Hospitaller. I have a little issue having that slide down, especially considering your character logically left Leipzig at 14 when he was made a Squire. (By the way, that almost never happened, most Squires were first noble Pageboys.) But I'll deal with it. It's mostly the fact that I requested that our characters be relatively unfamiliar with carving humans apart. I had hoped that somebody would at least consider being a character who had skills that lended themselves to actually, you know, NOT killing people. Whatever, this RP is probably going to tank anyway.
 mur'phon
12-17-2007, 3:02 PM
I had hoped that somebody would at least consider being a character who had skills that lended themselves to actually, you know, NOT killing people.

Sorry for misunderstanding then, when you wrote "you know the drill try not to be to amazing etc", I asumed you meant "standard" rp character.
 Corinthian
12-17-2007, 3:06 PM
Generally, the idea tends to be "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Not to toot my own horn, but you'll notice William actually has a profession that is not just likely, but common, and skills that are centered on that profession. I have a hard time reconciling that William, Hans, Mattis, and Cristoph hung out together.
 Black Knight of Keno
12-17-2007, 3:06 PM
con·de·scend·ing /ˌkɒndəˈsɛndɪŋ/ [kon-duh-sen-ding]
–adjective
showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority: "They resented the older neighbors' condescending cordiality."
—Related forms
con·de·scend·ing·ly, adverb
—Synonyms
patronizing, disdainful, supercilious

If you want me to scrap the char and make some sort of a weak thing that gets eaten halfway through my opening post, sure. Just bloody well say so right away and don't start bitching about how I write my posts, since you obviously do not like learning new things.

And yes, that was condescending
 Corinthian
12-17-2007, 3:12 PM
You know what? I think this RP would be better off without you, Keno. By the way, your efforts to enlighten me have failed, as you have alerted me to things I already knew. Now, you seem to be assuming this is going to be a traditional RP, with lots of bad guys and attacks every third post. Incorrect. This is Medieval Germany, not The God-Kings of Lorn V on the Road to Damascus. It's sort of like having a Call of Cthulhu RP where every character is a Navy SEAL, equipped with anti-tank rifles and rocket launchers.
 Rogue Nine
12-17-2007, 3:18 PM
Guys, calm the hell down, will you? The RP hasn't even started and you're already bickering like schoolchildren.

Corinthian, must you take everything as an affront? I've gone over BKK's initial post and I could find very little matter that can be construed as condescending. Instead of politely nudging him towards a character more in line with your vision in this RP, you decide to take offense at the first sight of something that doesn't go along with your thinking. This isn't quite the attitude to have when you're trying to recruit someone for your RP. Quit being confrontational. That is not a suggestion.

BKK, you could have handled yourself a bit better. Sarcasm rarely helps.
 Corinthian
12-17-2007, 3:21 PM
Sorry. I've been fairly frustrated with RPs recently, given that every one I've tried to create has either died without a single post, croaked halfway to my character goal, or made three pages and then keeled over of a massive heart attack. I took that out on Keno, and to a lesser extent, Mur'phon and Writer.
 Rogue Nine
12-17-2007, 3:31 PM
I can understand your frustration, but that's no reason to take it out on prospective RPers who want to join. The goal is to bring them in, not alienate them. RPing is a dynamic, ever-changing experience. You can set guidelines, yeah, but ultimately, it's up the the creativity of the RPers to bring it to life. If someone doesn't fit in with what you envision your RP to be, tell them so, but not to the point where they want to leave, because that's entirely counterproductive. More often than not, you can work out some kind of compromise that is agreeable for each side.
 Quist
12-17-2007, 8:35 PM
Name: Verena 'Vreni' Schultze

Trade: Blacksmith / Novice Locksmith

Appearance: (http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5681/liesel01jk1.png) Vreni stands just a shade under 5'8, with wavy blonde hair and expressive blue eyes. When traveling and for everyday activities, she wears the contemporary kirtle over a smock, often in dark hues. When smithing, she wears a short-sleeved chemise and leggings under her heavy blacksmith's apron.

Skills: Vreni is a skilled blacksmith, adept in creating and repairing weaponry and armor, though she prefers working with the former. During her five years away, she has also taken up locksmithing, though she is nowhere near as proficient as she is with blacksmithing. She is also a rather good cook.

Possessions: In her hardy rucksack, Vreni keeps her smithing clothes and a majority of her tools, including various jigs, tongs and picks. Other essentials such as a waterskin, some dried food, and a comb are also carried. On her person, she keeps her hammer hidden under her dress at her hip; a small flap in her skirt allows for easy access. She keeps her meager earnings in a small purse, also at her hip. Her heavy apron is rolled up and tied lengthwise to her rucksack.

History: Vreni was among the older of her peers, as such, she often played the role of the elder sister to her younger friends. The only child of a blacksmith, her father taught her his trade as if she were his son. Nevertheless, blacksmithing was an odd profession for a mдdchen to take up and she was often ridiculed by girls her own age and troubled by her fellow trade apprentices. Fortunately, a chance encounter led her to meet a group of friends who welcomed her for who she was.

Following the completion of their apprenticeships, Vreni joined her friends in making the five-year pact, then set out across Europe as a journeyman, seeking to hone her trade. However, female blacksmiths were just as uncommon to the rest of Europe as they were to Germany and she grew frustrated trying to find work, often dealing with with outright mockery as well as blatant harassment. She eventually found a job as a cook and a part-time smith at a small inn in Strasbourg, France.

She is eager to return to Leipzig to reunite with her friends as well as to scout out new opportunities for employment.
 Master_Archon
12-17-2007, 9:53 PM
Ah, you took the trade I wanted Quist. Oh well, might as well find another. :)

Name: Jachen Meinhard

Trade: Priest

Appearance: Face (http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/LucEmrys/Klarrann.jpg);) Full View (http://bp1.blogger.com/_6U-YOzQ0S_E/RcR_xNEzdVI/AAAAAAAAADg/yrb0rT-arq0/s1600-h/klarrann8ku.jpg)

Skills: Nothing exceptional about his particular abilities, he can preach, pray, and he holds amazingly extensive amounts of medical knowledge, including good herblore, and other thing you would find a priest and former monk good at. He prefers talk over combat, and is skilled at charm, coerction, and diplomacy, though he's not crafty by nature, and prefers not to make pacts through trickery. He's well learned, and probably the best reader among his friends. He's multilingual, to a degree, from his vast travels.

Possessions: His priestly clothing, his bible, and a Holy Icon from his church, which he weilds as several things, from a modest weapon, to a walking staff, to an easy way to attract passers-by to listen to his sermons. He also has a modest, but small amount of money, and gifts for each of his friends which he has bought over his travels. He also carries a sack of dried fruit, hard cheese, and jerky, and a water canteen.

History: Jachen grew up in a small monestary in Leipzig, his parents devoting him to the clergy, he grew up from childhood as a monk. Most of his early childhood was without friends, or even outside interaction of any kind. But as a traveling priest came into town one day, he, even couped up in the monestary, heard of the strange man, and wanted to see. Being given an errand to run one day outside of the monestary, he went to see this man, and after meeting him personally, became inspired to become a priest as well, and travel all over Europe, and even Asia if he could.

As he grew even older, he became more and more familiar with the outside world, until he met his friends, whom he only met by chance, and could meet them seldom due to different constraints. But when he was old enough, he left the monestary, at least as his lifestyle, it was still his one and only home. This allowed him more time to meet with his friends, and create stronger relationships with them.

After looking around Leipzig he found a kind old priest who took him in as a supposed 'apprentice' of sorts. His training consisted primarily on how to survive, and travel intelligently, as well as preaching, and some minor defensive capability, considering most everything he needed to know had already been tought to him at the monestary.

After his training, and preparation, he left Germany, and traveled the world, or as much of it as he could without going too far for him to get back to Leipzig and uphold his promise, in time.

He's traveled far, even as far as the far middle east (if that makes sense to you), though, he wishes to travel to the far east, his promise comes first, and he now travels towards home, eager to meet his old friends and tell them of his travels, and give them their gifts.

(Hope this is all okay Corinthian, if you need anything changed, then tell me, and it shall be done. :whtsmile: )
 Corinthian
12-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I really like your character, Quist. You too, Archon.

Quist, no real questions or anything.

Archon, About this Holy Icon, what does it look like? What are it's dimensions, and what makes it Holy? Also, to be honest, you're probably actually the ONLY one of us who can read.
 Master_Archon
12-17-2007, 10:30 PM
The icon's in the Full View Image, it looks heavy, but it's not quite that heavy, plus my character's reletively strong, comes from ringing bells and stuff like that. :D

As for the Holy thing, it's holy as in it represents his church and it's denomination, etc. And is sacred/precious (can't think of the word I want at the moment) to his church and denomination, also it's anointed, and most things anointed are considered holy.

Don't worry, it's nothing special, it's not like durendal or anything, it's just a special symbol of his church, no more than a guilded pillar. :)
 Corinthian
12-17-2007, 10:32 PM
You...uh...you may want to shrink that. That thing is really, really big. It's not so much a staff as it is a totem pole.

Aah, it's not a big deal, though.
 Master_Archon
12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Let's say it's not quite as wide as it is in the image, that way it fits more securely into the thought of being a 'walking staff', and that would make it not quite as heavy as most would assume.

Besides, I like'em BIG! :D

But a totem pole, that's something I never thought of calling it. Funny too! :lol:
 Corinthian
12-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Alright. We can assume it just looks like that, but on a smaller scale.
 mur'phon
12-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Remade my character, tell me if I need to change anything
 Corinthian
12-18-2007, 2:53 PM
Better, Mur'phon. Much better. I can actually see this group in my head now, for the most part.
 Master_Archon
12-18-2007, 3:45 PM
Not to be pushy, but when will this start? I need a relative knowledge of when so I can make some time on that day to look over the RP and post etc.

You understand. :)
 Corinthian
12-18-2007, 4:17 PM
I really don't know at the moment. A friend of mine is lined up to join, and I don't want to start without her, but she's been fairly busy recently. By Sunday, no doubt, probably by Friday. Heck, maybe even earlier.

EDIT: Mur'phon, why can your character read and write French? We're in Germany. I mean, it's your choice, but it's going to be fairly useless.
 mur'phon
12-18-2007, 5:00 PM
EDIT: Mur'phon, why can your character read and write French? We're in Germany. I mean, it's your choice, but it's going to be fairly useless.

During the middle ages french was the language spoken/known by the nobility/educated all over europe, making it the language to know
 Corinthian
12-18-2007, 5:03 PM
Right, of course. Duh. I really need to remember all that stuff I learned about the Medieval Era. You can speak French too, right?
 mur'phon
12-18-2007, 5:21 PM
Right, of course. Duh. I really need to remember all that stuff I learned about the Medieval Era. You can speak French too, right?

Yes, sort of a requirement for the job. Though I won't be able to read most books as latin is the language of the scholars. Luckily we have a priest capable of that.

Germany has never been a peaceful land. Romans, Huns, Mongols, Muslims, Franks, Goths

Just curious, where did you get the moslems from. Or are we asuming the battle of Poitiers ended diferently? Though if so the HRE would most likely not exist.
 Corinthian
12-18-2007, 6:51 PM
Actually, that's mostly because the Holy Roman Empire was involved in most, if not all the Crusades into the Middle-East. While there weren't any significant battles against Muslims within Germany, Germans fought Muslims a great deal.
 mur'phon
12-19-2007, 6:02 AM
Actually, that's mostly because the Holy Roman Empire was involved in most, if not all the Crusades into the Middle-East. While there weren't any significant battles against Muslims within Germany, Germans fought Muslims a great deal.

I know, it was just that all the other peoples have been in the HRE that i wondered.
 Writer
12-19-2007, 10:33 PM
I changed Christoph quite a bit... didn't really like him that much... better now.

Not to mention, he kinda didn't make sense when compared with the other characters. I believe he fits the RP better now, Corinthian. :)
 Corinthian
12-20-2007, 2:40 AM
Alright. You may want to add a dagger or some other weapon in there, even peasants in Medieval Europe carried some kind of weapon with them, especially on the road. Flung pencils aren't exactly going to be very useful.
 Writer
12-20-2007, 7:07 PM
You never know... depends on the pencil... and its user :p

Added a long knife.
 ForceFightWMe12
12-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Oy vey -.- I apologize for taking so long with getting this up, guys - between the crunch time that comes before the start of Christmas Break and the projects that I had to do for an outside group, I was more than just a little preoccupied XP

Name: Jezebel Worchowitz

Trade: Minstrel, Traveling Poetess

Appearance:http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/BladedxBlood/Anime%20Girl/resdgksi.jpg)

Skills: Rhyming, singing, playing her flute, writing, deciphering meanings, persuading people, weaseling her way out of tight situations

Possessions: Short steel knife with a gilded mahogany hilt - her most prized possession, silver concert flute, knapsack, sleeping roll, coin purse - which is usually quite empty

History: Growing up in a small farming town, Jezebel saw little in her future other than getting married to one of the overweight, sweaty men that helped out around the farmlands and milking cows the rest of her life, caring for each and every one of the thirty-two children they would have together. While her younger sister, Gilda, seemed quite content with that future, Jezebel wasn't exactly the placid, stay-at-home type of girl. No, she had gone into town enough and heard enough of the stories of those travelers who were just 'passing through', buying supplies in the market or swapping stories at the local tavern. She knew that there was a far more exciting world out there than just the cows and sheep - and she wanted a part of it. The tales of adventure, the wealth, the splendor! The fantasies of the outside world excited her - she dreamt of them almost constantly. She could travel to a big city, catch the eye of a rich young man...they would be married, and she would be the mistress of a great, grand manor! She could see it all unfolding before her - and suddenly, she couldn't stand the farm much longer. Despite the constant arguments that broke out amongst her family on the subject, Jezebel refused to stay home and be married to some hick. No - she ran away. She snuck out of the farmhouse her family occupied with nothing but a knapsack filled with a couple days' worth of food, clothing, and the dagger that had been passed down through their family for generations - forged back when her family had been wealthy and affluent, many, many generations ago. She saw it as an omen - that she would no longer have to live in the muck and the dirt like a common peasant. She would be a lady.

Desperate to get out of the town but having no idea where she could go, she quickly joined up with the first traveler she found - and old musician, by the name of Malent. Planning to travel with him only into the first city they found, she had little use for him other than as a guide - but she quickly found herself growing closer to the old man while on the road. Within the days that they had spent together, Malent became like a second father to her. He began to teach her how to play his instrument - the flute - and she quickly fell in love with that, too. The music was so beautiful, so lilting - surely this would be her key into the courts! But alas, she wanders still. She has graduated her make-shift apprenticship with Malent, and she travels now from city to city as a minstrel and poetess, entertaining the courts and royal masses in the hope that she might catch the eye of an affluent young man...
 Corinthian
12-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Ah, there's the lady we've been waiting for, kids. Schattenlander should go up tonight or tomorrow. Welcome to Germany.

EDIT: It's up. http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184611) (Schattenlander)
Page: 1 of 1