Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jade Empire texture editing question

Page: 1 of 1
 DrSmartAzze
12-05-2007, 4:36 PM
ok i used txb2tga to get the textures i wanted to change to be editable , how do i convert them to txb again?
 tk102
12-05-2007, 8:51 PM
You don't need to change it back to txb. Jade Empire will recognize tga as a valid texture format in the override.
 DrSmartAzze
12-06-2007, 12:35 AM
You don't need to change it back to txb. Jade Empire will recognize tga as a valid texture format in the override.

thank you :) i got a problem tho. im not finding the files for the heads. only a select few characters bodies also. wat do i do to get the full set ?
 stoffe
12-06-2007, 6:04 AM

Don't forget that if a TXB file with the same name as your TGA already exists in the override folder the game will use it instead, so in those cases you must move those TXB files out of the override folder as well.

And when you do extract textures, check if they exist in the override folder first before looking in the game data files. The versions in the override folder usually have higher resolution than the ones in the game data files.

As for finding head textures and models those can be quite spread out, some being in the common game data files while some being packed into the modules where they are used. You should be able to find them if you use the search utility listed in the JE modding thread in this forum and use a wildcard search.
 DrSmartAzze
12-06-2007, 11:50 AM
how do u do a wildcard search?
 stoffe
12-06-2007, 2:27 PM
how do u do a wildcard search?

See this post (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2323801&postcount=75) or the ReadMe file for instructions and examples of how that works. :)
 DrSmartAzze
12-08-2007, 1:35 AM
i got to ask.....where in the jade empire files can i find the txb files for the recruitable ppl or the main ppl in the game? i got a couple of the player skins for the guys u can be, a skin for the male student, master li, deaths hand, dawn star, and the emporer. but i need the others. thank you in advance and ty stoffe this programs cool
 DrSmartAzze
12-08-2007, 1:53 AM
ty stoffe the wildcard search worked :) ill post some skins if no one minds lil later on
Page: 1 of 1