Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

BigBadSoundmod released...

Page: 1 of 1
 Oddball_E8
11-30-2007, 5:45 AM
well, i finally got the permission from the people whos mods i borrowed sounds from (and the ones i didnt get permission from ripped the sounds from movies anyway and hence isnt intellectual property).

so, im pleased to present, the big bad soundmod!

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Big_Bad_Sound_Mod;84730)

btw. it seems i uploaded the wrong readme file with it... no biggie, its just missing one BIG credit!

creds go to (ill update the readme when i have time) the sound bunker www.fan-files.com) for having a HUGE selection of excellent quality sounds (if youre thinking of making your own soundmod check it out... i only found out about it AFTER the mod was done, so theres a good chance that there are even better sounds out there... so get modding!)
 jonathan7
12-03-2007, 1:51 PM
looks quality (or should I say sounds :)) its in my override folder; specially like the Dooku sound!
 Oddball_E8
12-03-2007, 4:03 PM
im glad you like it...

well, to be honest, im just glad i got any kind of response...
 Aeroldoth
12-03-2007, 4:09 PM
Okay, I've had some time to go through them now and have mixed feelings.

Blasters - These have a deeper sound than the high-pitched "ptooo" they currently do. I don't immediately think them good or bad, just different. I kinda like the regular blasts, and kinda don't like the powerblasts. The latter seem to have an echo or reverb that I'm not fond of. However, I think I will keep them, as I do like the sonic one.

Close combat - Most of these add a wet "splooching" sound of blood splatter when you hit. I personally don't like these, although others might, as I'm not fond of blood sounds. The constant "wet" sounds as I hack everyone would make me wonder why my guy, and all the floors everywhere, aren't drenched in blood spray, and would make me want to take a shower. Not for me, although the metal on metal clang is nice.

Grenades - The thermal detonator is awesome! I think it well befits the deadliest of grenades. The others, not so good. The high-pitched part at the end of the detonator? I think something like that would be great for the concussive grenade. Also, while the flat, sort of muffled effect for the frag is nice, the game unfortunately uses the same sound for generic explosions. All the explosions on the Endar Spire sort of underwhelmed me. Plasma? Neutral.

Impacts - I don't know when these are triggered. I don't recall hearing them in my game, and playing the files didn't ring any bells. So I don't know if they're good or not.

Sabers - I like these. They're a nice change of pace, something different, from the regular saber sounds. My only suggestion here is to change the softhit sounds, as I really don't like them. Every time one of the jedis on the Spire kicked, I winced. Also extend the humgood sound... you can never hear enough saber humming.
 Oddball_E8
12-04-2007, 7:23 AM
well the "kick" sound uses the same sound as a normal hit... nothing i can change there sorry...
also the same thing applies to the normal swords... when you kick you still get the sword sound...

so basically if i put a normal "punch" kinda sound as a hit soft you'd just wince when you got that noice for running your saber through somone... its just chosen depending on what youre impacting on i guess...

about the "splooching", yeah i can kinda understand you there.. i was contemplating not using it myself, but then i thought it was still better than the originals so i went with it... easy thing to remove tho hehe.

you seriously dont get impact sounds btw? i get them constantly... unfortunately i get the same sound no matter what i hit with my blasters (wich is a bit of a pain since i actually had loads of impact sounds lined up)

thanx for the imput anyways... ill go scouring for more explosion sounds for those grenades then (its the only thing i can be bothered to "fix" hehe)
 Oddball_E8
12-04-2007, 7:40 AM
ok... made some quick alternatives... gonna upload them now... hope you like it...
Page: 1 of 1