Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] Jedi Legacy - A New Storyline Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Sarendipity
11-05-2007, 4:08 PM
Hello all. This is a mod I started ages ago, pretty much as a way to learn how to mod. It grew and grew as I learned how to do different things, and now it's become this really ambitious storyline mod. I haven't worked on it in several months, but I decided to go back to it and maybe even try to finish it. As of now it's FAR from finished, but I'm almost done with the first module.

You start out in the Jedi Enclave Sublevel, which has been cleaned up quite a bit and turned into a temporary home for the Jedi Order. Revan, the Exile, and some of their companions are missing, but the rest of the gang has set about finding Jedi and rebuilding the order. It's at least a few years after the events of TSL... I had a timeline worked out before, but I can't find it now. Essentially, I got tired of waiting for III and wanted to make my own.

When you start out, you're about to go through the Trials of Knighthood. After that, you'll be told something about yourself that has been kept secret (I know, I know... but it's a good one, I think). And of course, you'll be sent on a broader mission from there... but I'm getting way ahead of myself. The mod assumes all lightside choices in both games. Sorry, but otherwise the story would be extremely limited. I am going to try to allow the player to choose genders for both Revan and the Exile, though.

I know this mod will take a LONG time to complete. I'm hoping to put out a module or two at a time for you to enjoy as it progresses (and to be tested). What's more, I'm a perfectionist, so this mod is going to be very thorough. Everything right down to journal entries and load screens will be customized to make it look like a new game.

That's why I'm posting this, even though I haven't got anything for you to download yet. It will make the mod a lot better (and my work a lot easier) if I can borrow some stuff from other modders. For one thing, I would love to use some of the custom characters I've seen around here. I don't want all of the Jedi in the enclave (or eventually, the party members) to look like people you've seen 100 times before. Also, I'll probably be needing a lot of advice/assistance/motivation as the project moves along.

Screenshots can be found here: http://jedilegacy.blogspot.com/). They really don't do the mod justice, but they can at least give you some idea of what it will look like.

Please respond if you would like to contribute any of your own stuff to the mod, or just to tell me that you're interested - it will help motivate me to keep going!
 Hive
11-05-2007, 4:13 PM
This sounds similar to an idea I had myself. My own work has come to a halt due to my unfortunate inability to use gmax and create/modify modules...

Anyway, good luck - it's a very ambitious project indeed.
 Master Zionosis
11-05-2007, 4:19 PM
Sounds very interesting, and you seemed to have planned this out very professionally, and the storyline also sounds very intriguing.

I'll bee keeping a close eye on this :)
 Fredi
11-05-2007, 4:23 PM
Looks nice ... Keep it up ;)
 lordofmalachor
11-05-2007, 4:28 PM
Pics are amazing. Can'twait to play it!
 Malpense
11-05-2007, 6:12 PM
Yeah the images look very nice. Excellent work!
 Tysyacha
11-05-2007, 8:20 PM
I can't wait to play this mod!!!
 Cebot
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Mods looks great. Can't wait to try it :clap2:
 DarthVrook
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
i also like cebot
 Ferc Kast
11-06-2007, 6:01 PM
If you want/need a unique head for Bastila for this mod, I have a few variations that I made with the dotted pattern seen in my avatar. But, everything looks cool. :thumbsup:
 Jason Skywalker
11-07-2007, 4:13 AM
Dang, that looks really good! I'll be here watching how this goes because this is exactly what i wanted: no more ьber-powerful Jedi but now more normal Jedi, more Jedi's and more Bastila!
 Darth InSidious
11-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more. Keep it up! :)
 Sarendipity
11-07-2007, 6:24 PM
Well, now I remember why I stopped working on it before... there are no kotor tool maps at all for Korriban, and only one for Dantooine. Those are the two places where the majority of the plot was going to take place. I guess I'll have to change things around a bit.

Glad there's so much interest in it, anyway.
 Silveredge9
11-07-2007, 7:23 PM
It's possible to do things without using the KTool Module Editor, and without being set back due to the restrictions brought up by which maps are and arn't available. It just takes a little longer to get the hang of.

I've never used the Module Editor now I think about it... only opened it once or twice. :P

What does it do? Automatically alter the .git files with coordinates when you place stuff on the maps?
 correllian_thug
11-07-2007, 7:51 PM
i really hope this gets completed, its all you modders that keep me interested in the kotor games, cheers and good luck
 Sarendipity
11-08-2007, 2:49 AM
Yep, you can basically drag and drop stuff - don't have to keep going into the game to get coordinates. I imagine it makes a big difference. I think I may have tried doing it the other way once or twice and it was just too daunting a task. If you just want to add something I can see how that would work, but what I'm trying to do is erase everything that's there and start from scratch with an empty module.
 magnusll
11-08-2007, 6:59 AM
The 0.3 release of KAuroraEditor will have the capability of navigating within the game areas, warping to a set of coordinates, and updating your current coordinates in real-time.
The prerelease I'm working on at the moment is already able to let you move within a rendered area with spaceship-style movement; all I need to do is to add a small window visualizing your current coords, and a button which will let you warp to another set of coords. This ought to make placeable positioning MUCH easier than it is now.
I've been holding the release of the 0.3 version because I'm working on importing emitters at the moment; if I can't make significant progress within the next few weeks I'll go for an early release, since there already are good improvements from the 0.2 release (the biggest one is the capability of correctly importing Auroralights, and correct handling of all texture UVW mapping except the "Face" one).
Page: 1 of 1