Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL body models in K1

Page: 1 of 1
 thisguyrich
11-04-2007, 9:47 PM
I'm trying to use a body and head model from TSL in K1, but whenever I go to the portrait screen and attempt to select that head, the game crashes.

Is there some way to make it possible to convert these models so they will work in the game?
 Omega_Novae
11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Unless the TSL models are found in K1's files, then you can't port resources from one game to the other (due to legal reasons), if that's what you're talking about.
 thisguyrich
11-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Legal reasons?

I guess I have no choice but to use an head model from KOTOR 1 that's not really all that suitable for the skin.
 Marius Fett
11-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Porting Of Assets From One Game To Another Or Discussion Of Such Mods Is Against The Rules Even If Its For your Own Personal Use

7. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods, even if it is for your own personal use. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.

In Other Words You Can Get In Trouble With The Moderators For Talking About These Sorts Of Mods So Ummm.... DONT DO IT! :lol:

-DarthDingDong
 thisguyrich
11-05-2007, 1:04 PM
Sorry. I didn't know. I was only asking for clarification on the legal matters, because I had never heard of that before.
 Prime
11-05-2007, 1:32 PM
That's ok. We just like to avoid the topic to save people from potential trouble. :)
Page: 1 of 1