Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Invasion: The Resistance (D&R)

Page: 1 of 1
 starmark2k
11-04-2007, 5:00 AM
Hey Dantoonies and Dantoonets, if is a new month and that means I present a brand new RP for all you lovely gorgeous peeps.

This time it’s based in Earth’s future in a world that has been invaded by sinister insectoid aliens and their robotic armies. Where human society has been all but destroyed and all it’s people killed or turned into slaves.
__________________________________________________ ______

Invasion: The Resistance

Excerpts from the audio journal of Professor Simon Ripley, head of Paranormal Psychology at Oxford University.

23rd November 2008- My contacts at S.E.T.I have been picking up some strange signals they believe are Extraterrestrial Origin, they have been unable to find it’s location in the universe. I’m leaving for The United States tomorrow to act as an advisor, they say they need someone of my expertise before they try and send some form of reply.

25th November 2008- After careful consideration I advised S.E.T.I to reply to the Signal by sending the standard response made for such situation, basic information on Earth and it’s inhabitants. I’m going to stay in America few months just in case the signals origin is closer than predicted.

7th December 2008- A second signal was received today, this time it was clearer, we could hear some kind of alien language accompanying what we believe to be the same message in English, German and Chinese. It simply read “We will answer all your questions soon.”

25th December 2008- Some how all forms of communication ceased today televisions, radios, telephones and even the internet just stopped working. I get the feeling this Christmas will be remembered for a long time.

29th December 2008- Fire has been raining down from the sky for the past 3 days, the communications blackout must be related. Cities have been destroyed and hundreds of thousands have been killed, this is Armageddon… I fear it has something to do with the signals S.E.T.I received.

3rd January 2009- Robots, they look like human skeletons have begun marching through the streets and rounding up the Survivors, they kill the elderly and sick. I’ve managed to avoid capture for now but I am unsure how long I can keep it up.

8th January 2009- I’ve met up with some others who have avoided capture. They’ve told me about how those who have not been so fortunate are being taken to camps, Adults and children are being separated. We’re going to go hide in one of the destroyed cities.

15th February 2009- The past month I’ve met other Survivors in the ruins of New York City, I’ve discovered that some of the Military did survive the initial attacks and begun a Resistance. All the people that have been taken are made to work in slave labour camps, mining our planets resources for the Aliens. These Aliens have been described as Humanoid insects, I’ve not seen one personally and I hope I never do.

1st April 2009- The Robot army keeps coming into the city Hunting us, I don’t know how I’ve survived, I’m either lucky or someone up there loves me. We met some members of the resistance and they’ll take us to their camp. IT turns out the Resistance is mostly made up of normal people who avoided capture, escaped the camps, or been freed by the resistance itself.

4th April 2009- The Droids Found us and have surrounded us, I fear my end is…< Gunshots heard in the distance>.

Recordings End
__________________________________________________ ________________
The Story

You play a member of the resistance against the alien invaders. The RR Starts on the 7th May 2010 so the aliens have been around for about 18 months. All cities, military bases and other settlements have been reduced to Ruins, most of Humanity are in the Camps being used for Slave labour.

__________________________________________________ ________________
Rules- RP forum rules are standard.
no 'super' Characters
no killing PCs without permission
Minimal Char Control (it’s unrealistic to RP without it creeping in)
Thread master controls all 'plot sensitive' NPCs
7 day Absence rule- don’t post for seven days your character becomes a NPC until you return.
No one liners
1 pc max
__________________________________________________ _________________
Character Sheet

Name: (John Doe, Jane doe, etc)
Nationality: (Englsh, American, Mexican, French, etc.)
Sex: (Male or female)

Appearance: (Pic or description)

Weapons/Equipment: (Weapons, tools and armour.)(Note. You’ll gain access to weapons during the course.)

Bio: (History and personality)
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Name: Richard Cole
Nationality: American
Sex: Male

Appearance: Picture (http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0418279/T26409.jpg)

Weapons/Equipment:
XM8 Assault Rifle (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/XM8_-_Final_Version.JPG).
MEU(SOC) pistol (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/92/Meusoc86.gif/300px-Meusoc86.gif)
Frag grenade

Bio: A marine in the US Army he served well and fought in Iraq from the beginning of the War until he was given leave to go home for Christmas 2008. His family and home were in New York City and he was fortunate to survive the initial attacks on the planet’s cities with his families. When the Aliens came they captured his wife, but in saving his daughters life he was unable to track down where she was taken.

He soon met up with members of the resistance and taken to the small base they managed to set up in the cities outskirts. Having military experience Richard was put in a position of command where he could be the most help. He still continues his search for his own wife but understands he has a duty to members of the resistance.

Strong willed, constantly serious and a man of his word, you can always rely on him do the right thing.
 Corinthian
11-04-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm in.

Name: Robert Stewart

Nationality: Swiss

Appearance: Robert is fairly short, about 5'6, and has arms and legs that are remarkably long compared to his body that look somewhat loose, like they might suddenly detach. He has short-trimmed brown hair and a haphazardly cut beard that might be supposed to be a goatee and mustache. Generally, he wears warm, dark clothing.

Weapons & Equipment: Self-made laptop with top-of-the-line components. Not very useful for much other than solitaire with the Internet disabled.

Ithaca 37 Pump-action Shotgun: Taken from New York Arms.

Colt M1911: On their trip north, they passed through a ghost town with a gun shop. They broke into the shop and took some guns to defend themselves. Robert took this.

Bio: Before the invasion, Robert was something of a legend. As a teenager, he developed a keen understanding of the internet, and the various programming languages and such, and by his sixteenth birthday had taken an interest in hacking. By his twentieth birthday, he had established his name as a major hacker and also attracted the ire of the Swiss Government for various criminal acts. He managed to escape Switzerland and fled to the United States, where he was arrested and offered a deal - Return to Switzerland and be arrested and charged, or stay here and turn his skills towards something valuable, working for the government.

After the Christmas Crash, Robert found himself more or less useless. Computers had been the only thing he had really known for the past decade and a half. After the invasion, Robert fled, escaping into D.C.'s sewer systems and finding his way out of the city through the foul-smelling tunnels.

He managed to run into a handful of survivors from D.C. and the surrounding suburbs. After a questionable suggestion from Robert, they headed north, towards Canada. In the outlier areas, they've had better luck avoiding the robots and are now not too far out from New York.

Robert is a bit of a joker, making sarcastic wisecracks even after the end of the world. He's got a bit of an issue with people telling him what to do and how to do it, but he's also a little irritated about becoming the de facto leader of his small group of refugees.
 Black Knight of Keno
11-04-2007, 3:03 PM
Name: Boris "Alpha" Alexandrovich
Nationality: Russian

Appearance: Gung ho (http://usuarios.lycos.es/castrostudio2000/soldier2.jpg)

Weapons/Equipment: FN F2000 (http://up.sur-la-toile.com/i4Sr), Smith & Wesson Model 500 (http://www.pheasantridgeguns.com/images/sw500.jpg), KM2000 (http://www.swatlux.com/im/articles/BWC/KM2000.jpg)

Bio: Boris was born into a poor family still during the cold war. His father was an avid supporter of a White Russia, which led to him 'disappearing' just before Christmas of 1989. His mother couldn't support him for long even with the help from relatives and so as soon as she could, she sent the young boy into the army. There Boris thrived and entered the Spetsnaz, going up in the ranks quite swiftly to become a Lieutenant. Moving around with the Russian Federation's Pacific Fleet, he was in a Canadian port at the time of the alien invasion.

As the invasion commenced, he and his squad looted their ship's armoury and headed out into the North-American continent to fight. As they travelled around the lands, the squad's members diminished by multiple reasons and their weapons changed several times during the trip. Eventually three of the original Spetsnaz squad and other collected refugees arrived to New York armed with brand new weapons and equipment that they looted from an armoury not too far from NY. In the city they searched for any signs of life and continued to train their urban skills with the direction of the Spetsnaz members. They eventually met up with the New York survivors and decided to join forces for a while even if the two Russians aren't too happy to be working with their Americans rivals, the Marines.

As a person, he is a very strong-willed person and despises anyone who makes jokes in a combat situation. When in combat he is resourceful, calculating and cold but in normal situations it entirely depends on who he's around. Boris has an obsession about keeping his gun clean and can't help but to pitch in when a situation needs brute strength or combat calculations, even if he's not wanted.
 Writer
11-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Name: Adelina 'Jewel' Moretti
Nationality: Italian American
Sex: Female

Appearance: 'Alina' Moretti (http://delirium.lejournal.free.fr/Charlize_Theron.jpg)

faint white scar running diagonal on right cheek
long, fairly recent scar running along left forearm, acquired during her escape from the slave labor camp

Weapons/Equipment:

an assortment of throwing knives
two Glock G23C's (http://conspiracyx0.tripod.com/weapons3/g23B.jpg)
lock-picking tools of various kinds for various types of locks

Bio: The daughter of an Italian immigrant and an American woman, Adelina has lived in many different locations around the world and has picked up a smattering of languages from the places she's lived. Her father joined the American military ten years after emigrating from Italy and his family moved with him wherever the military sent him.

As a child, Adelina - called 'Alina' by her parents - did not have any friends. Her father was always busy and her mother had various social functions, which left Alina on her own with a nanny who cared very little about what the little girl did. And that suited Alina just fine. At a very early age, she got into theft, mainly because it was something exciting that she wasn't supposed to be doing. After she was caught three times, her parents had a very serious talk with her and she promised to do better. But she didn't.

The older she got, the better she became at getting into places she wasn't supposed to be and getting out with things she was not supposed to have. One month before Alina's eighteenth birthday, she was caught one final time, the first time since she'd entered her teens. Telling her parents that she was going to a movie, Alina went instead out into the town, took a bus to a larger city nearby, and broke into a high-end jewelery store.

During Alina's teen years, the FBI opened a file on a series of jewelery store thefts across the country, most of them near military bases. The thief was dubbed 'Jewel', but was never caught. One month before Alina's birthday, she was identified as Jewel and the FBI finally caught up with her. It had taken them four years to track her down and when they did, she refused to give up her identity. Primary interrogation went as follows:

Interrogator: So we finally caught up with you... Adelina Moretti.

Jewel: Who's that?

Int: We know you as Jewel. Your name is Adelina Moretti, is that correct?

J: No.

Int: Then what is your name?

J: (laughter) Jewel.

The initial interrogation was exceptionally repetitive, as the girl called Jewel had no personal identification on hand and would not admit to anything except being Jewel. It was cut short when Alina's parents were brought in to identify their daughter. After that, it was all over and done with rather quickly. The court decided to sentence Alina as an adult, since she was only one month away from legally becoming one. She was sentenced to a full year in jail and heavy fines, as 'Jewel' had stolen over $5 million in jewelery.

A month later, on her eighteenth birthday, Alina got a visitor who gave her a choice. The first option was that she could remain in jail and finish out her sentence, and then go back to life as she'd been used to it. The second choice was that she could be released that very day and go to work for the government, collecting information instead of jewels. Alina evaluated the two options and decided that information collection had the higher risk factor. She took the deal.

Over the next five years, Adelina 'Jewel' Moretti was trained in many different skill sets. She learned several different forms of martial arts, three different languages, six different ways to pick a number of different locks, and how to fashion a good cover story at a seconds notice. In the field, her callsign was Jewel, a throwback to her past life and she was much more efficient in this new life.

On December 25, 2008, 'Jewel' Moretti was in Berlin, Germany, preparing to copy all of the data on a highly secure German computer when the power shut completely off. She was trapped in the room with the computer and barely escaped with her life when the bombardment ruined the city three days later. By that time, she was severely dehydrated and starved. She managed to find the ruins of a supermarket and recovered her health just in time to be captured by the invading aliens. They shipped her away to a slave labor camp in the US. Twelve months later, she escaped and went looking for whatever form of resistance she could find. She found her way to New York City, which is where she is now, May 7, 2010.
 starmark2k
11-05-2007, 1:01 PM
Ok Guys I made a major mistake in ‘The Story’ part and said the RP would be based in 2009 when it is actually 2010 so the Aliens have been on the planet for 18 months. I’m sorry if this affects your Character Sheets too much.

I also forgot to add in certain aspect of the planets occupation.

Blackhearts- A term used to describe the Alien sympathisers who have began to work as the Alien’s eye and ears. They have become lackeys who willingly watch over the Slaves to keep them in line and dispense discipline where needed. They where a red uniform with a black circle on the left side of the chest that earned them the nickname Blackhearts.
 Writer
11-05-2007, 6:17 PM
Updated my bio :)
 Black Knight of Keno
11-06-2007, 12:46 PM
When are we starting or do we have enough people in the first place?
 starmark2k
11-06-2007, 1:32 PM
Started!! ( http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2386453#post2386453)

Ok Writer we’ll meet your character either at the hospital or on the way there.
 Tommycat
11-07-2007, 1:58 AM
Name: "Reverand" Dave Paul
Nationality: American Redneck:D

Appearance:
Tall with long dark hair and a beard both showing signs of grey. Usually dressed in all black with biker boots and a wide brimmed hat.

Weapons and equipment:
10 guage pump loaded with slugs
Two 12 guage sawed off shotguns
Flamable chemicals
Molotov Coctails
"The Twins" - two 44 Magnum Semi-auto pistols
1851 Colt Navy revolver in a holster
Grandpappy's '66 GTO converted to run on alchohol(pure grain). 100 gallon fuel tank matte black with no chrome showing. (got a full description of the car IF you need it)

Bio: Dave was born into a family of moonshiners in South Carolina. They never had a single phone wire, or even an electrical outlet run to their house. the only communication they had with the outside world was an old CB base station and whenever they would send someone into town. Dave was always the delivery driver. The feds had chased him for 2 states one time, but were unable to catch him. He could handle a pistol, patch people up, and drive a car. Despite his upbringing, he refused to drink. Which happens to be where he got the nickname Reverend.

When the world looked like it was goin to heck the family each loaded up their vehicles with enough alchohol as they would carry, as much ammo as would fit in the trunks, and went on their way. They had tried to stay clear of anything civilized.

After his family was was killed in an ambush just outside of New York, Reverend Dave decided he might just want to check in town to see if anyone else was around. Heck it couldn't hurt. What else did he have to lose....
 Master_Archon
11-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Name: Guy Herve
Nationality: American

Appearance:

Above average height, around 6'1".
Light brown hair.
He's gaunt and thin from malnutrition, but amazingly lithe and sinewy.
Grey eyes.
Innumerable amount of scuffs, cuts, gouges, and bruises, also has a slight limp.
Wears a simple grey T-shirt, an oversized black windbreaker coat, and raddy denim jeans with leather steel-toed boots, and his hands and wrists are wrapped in gauze strips to top it all off.

Weapons and equipment:

Cleaver (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/dayou8cw/Cleaver.jpg).
Fire Axe (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a260/MortiisGames/balta2.jpg).
Circular saw blades and other hardware store implements.
A lead pipe which he uses as a kind of walking aid.
A notepad and pencils, and a deflated soccer ball and a small hand pump.
A backpack to carry it all in (except the lead pipe).

Bio: Guy grew up in some suburbs several miles outside of New York. He had grown up an average kid, was into soccer, loved to draw, and had been taking Karate for most of his life, reaching black belt at fifteen. He was at his grandma's house for a wake [SP?] in Queens when the nightmarish bombardment began. His family barely survived, but when they finally were able to dig themselves out of the rubble, they found themsleves in a apocolyptic world.

They stayed at the house for quite a while, until the robots came and started rounding people up, he, his mother, father, and uncle were the only ones to get away. They slowly moved there way into the city, staying where they could as long as they could. Ten months into the alien occupation they were attacked by the robots, he lost sight of his mom and uncle, and could only assume they had been killed. He traveled with his father, until two and a half months after that ordeal, his father was killed before his eyes by men in black that they had assumed were part of a resistance.

He's survived this long off of strange weapon implements, from his grandma's kitchen cleaver, to a fire axe he and his father found on a turned over firetruck. He trusts no one, and is so far alone, he has a right to though, and he's done things, things no one his age should ever have to do, and seen things no one should see.
 starmark2k
11-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Tommycat if you remove the Alcohol powered car you can join but please do not play the character as a stereotype.

Master Archon I can only describe your character as Oxymoron, he’s a master at martial Arts but he has a limp. Also what possible use would a Sledgehammer actually be against Robots and Men with guns when you have a limp. Remove those and it’ll be fine.
 Corinthian
11-07-2007, 2:53 PM
Why can't he have a limp and also be a martial artist? It's not like the limp was present from birth.

And if a Sledgehammer isn't effective against robots, firearms are gonna be?
 Writer
11-07-2007, 3:16 PM
Hey! If the threadmaster isn't comfortable with it, let it rest. Don't argue for the sake of arguing... even if you have a valid point, the threadmaster calls the shots. If he doesn't want something, don't fight for it... especially it it's not your character he's concerned with.
 Corinthian
11-07-2007, 3:21 PM
Thank you, Writer, I'm familiar with how it's handled.
 Master_Archon
11-07-2007, 3:50 PM
Okay, I'll do it, but Corinthian already said what I was thinking. And thanks for defending my case Corinthian, though it's a little....unexpected.

But what I don't understand is what I get rid of, the limp and the sledge hammer, or the martial arts and the sledge hammer?

Or do I get rid of all three, the martial arts the sledge hammer, and the limp?

BTW: I've seen such things as eleven year old black belts, but it doesn't mean they're a master. A master is a tenth (in some cases twelth) degree black belt, which is the highest karate rank.
 starmark2k
11-07-2007, 3:53 PM
You can keep the Martial Arts, i Just don't like the fact he uses a Sledgehammer as a walking stick, as if he had a limp he wouldn't be using somthing that heavy to help him walk.
 Master_Archon
11-07-2007, 3:58 PM
Oh, okay, but I don't see what he could use as a walking aid, that could also be used as a quick, makeshift weapon?

Any suggestions?
 Writer
11-07-2007, 4:04 PM
Why not just a club? Speak softly and carry a big stick? :p
 Master_Archon
11-07-2007, 4:07 PM
Where would I find a club in New York? I mean, the place is big and all, and has plenty of strange people and things, but really, a club?...
 Writer
11-07-2007, 4:26 PM
Would you prefer a baseball bat? And honestly, if you're trying to think of something that's a little more commonplace... a sledgehammer in NYC?

Besides, a club doesn't necessarily have to be something fashioned specifically for the purpose of clubbing things... could just be a big stick... a tree branch you broke off and took to using.
 Master_Archon
11-07-2007, 4:31 PM
Sledgehammers are sold in hardware stores, even in NYC.

Besides, a tree branch won't have much effect on robots.

Edit: Don't worry, I'll figure something out, for now he'll just use a lead pipe. (Yes, you can find those in NYC too.)

Random: [Doesn't everybody just love Dead Rising!? Gives you awesome ideas for weapons and end of the world scenarios!]

Edit...Again: Changed the sledge hammer to a lead pipe.
 Tommycat
11-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Meh I was hoping it could be kinda my Millenium Falcon. A bootlegger is the closest thing I could think to the smuggler that would be useful on land. I also figured it would be easier for you should you decide to change venues and move to an area outside of New York.

And what do you mean by stereotype. If you mean the dumb redneck, more likely to blow off his own toe than hit a target, That's not what I was thinking. If you mean the creative redneck with a talent for lateral thinking and is used to providing for himself, yeah. If you mean no accent, nor humourous local coloquialisms, I'm out(Welll sheeoot If'n the dawg din stop ta pee he'da caught the rabbit- meaning: You can say "if" all you want but it won't change history). Sorry, Its the hillbilly who's used to providin for his own that would be more likely to survive. (And no I had no intention of it being the inbreedin missing link type of redneck, instead more like a combination of my aunt Jo and my own dad).

If you want, I can create a profile for a mute brother that you can use as an NPC driver for any movement purposes, and change the car to a larger vehicle. Now that I think of it, Could it be that you have a problem with the grain alchohol itself. Could just change that to regular alchohol, or heck even a turbo biodiesel. I've made both in real life(though not in a 66 GTO). Main thought on the alchohol wasn't for consumption, but something that can be used to run should gas pumps not work. At any rate, its your show, I'll let you decide.
 starmark2k
11-08-2007, 2:07 PM
^^^^
If we need a vehicle we'll just hotwire something we find or hijack a Blackheart's ride.

OK Corinthian has brought to my attention the fact I haven’t described the robots well enough so here’s a Picture (http://www.btinternet.com/~reg.joy/images/Robots/T-800.jpg). And they are 6 foot tall and made of an unknown alloy that is heat resistant. Although Difficult to bring down bullets will pierce the metallic alloy so two good shots to the ‘brain’ will fry the circuits and hitting limbs could knockout the hydraulics.

They carry energy weapons that only they seem to be able to use do to some kind of interface in the guns, all attempts by the resistance to use them have not worked.
Page: 1 of 1