Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem changing walk and runrate speeds

Page: 1 of 1
 tyuiop
11-03-2007, 11:20 PM
It seems that in the creaturespeed.2da the walkrate of a character is dependent on it's runrate.

The problem is I want my character to have the same original runrate but have a much slower walking speed

I have changed the driveanimwalk in the appearence.2da to a slow speed of about 4.0. This does make the character appear to walk slower, except that he covers distance as if his walking rate remained unchanged and to me it just looks odd.

Is there anyway to slow the walking speed at which the character moves without altering the runrate?
 tyuiop
05-30-2008, 3:04 AM
Bump.
 Robespierre
05-30-2008, 3:51 AM
Wow. That was horrendous.
 tyuiop
05-30-2008, 4:50 AM
Do you have an idea of how to do it then?

Also what exactly was horrendous, I'm kind of new at this stuff. Sorry.
 Robespierre
05-30-2008, 6:33 AM
Yeah, I edited my last post. Some weird computer problem there. The bit that was terrible was your "bumping", ie. posting in your own thread to bring it back to the top of the list. You should have simply reposted a new thread.

As for your question, there's a mod here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Exile_Average_Walking_Pace_and_1st_Person_Force_Si) ght;83999) that changes the Exile's average walking pace. I don't know if that's what you're looking for...
 tyuiop
05-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Couldn't download that mod, it's not exactly what I was looking for. Just wondering how to change the walkrate without effecting the runrate. Looking at the mod might help but I can't download it for whatever reason.

thanks anyway dude.

Sorry about the bumping thing, I thought that's just what you do after waiting a reasonable amount of time. Should have read the rules more carefully. My bad.
 EnderWiggin
05-30-2008, 11:04 PM
It's ok. After 6 mos, it's not really a bump :)

_EW_
 RedHawke
06-02-2008, 4:11 AM
Bump.
I see you have read the rules and realise that this is verboten here so... no harm no foul.

The bit that was terrible was your "bumping", ie. posting in your own thread to bring it back to the top of the list. You should have simply reposted a new thread.
You may not re-make a previous thread either, that would be spam. People need to realise that this isn't IM and need to be as clear as possible and take some real time when they post a question.

Remember people you have to help us to help you. [/Generalisation]

It's ok. After 6 mos, it's not really a bump :)

_EW_
Yeah it is, thread ressurection is still technically a bump.
 stoffe
06-02-2008, 6:00 AM
It seems that in the creaturespeed.2da the walkrate of a character is dependent on it's runrate.

Is there anyway to slow the walking speed at which the character moves without altering the runrate?

I don't think there is, unfortunately. As you noticed the game seems to ignore the data value for walk speed and instead use the running speed value which it then reduces internally according to some formula.

I'd guess these data fields are leftovers from Neverwinter Nights, since the first KOTOR didn't have any "walk mode" initially; it was rather sloppily added in a patch. And movement speed in the X-box version was apparently variable on a sliding scale depending on player controller input with no distinct run/walk modes.
 tyuiop
06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I see. That's ok then, i'll just have to compromise. It's not really that big a deal anyway. I was just banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out.

Thanks for all the help dudes and again, i'm sorry about that bump.
Page: 1 of 1